Forever Tools Meant Forever And All Nodes - BUT Not In POF

Pepper.3901

Two of us wasted a lot of effort and time, but we didn't gain any 'mats' from the nodes which are showing 'ruined' mats.

When we bought one or more 'forever tools' we were told they would gather all materials. They say they do.

Enter Path of Fire, and not one special node is coming out as what it should be.

Tooltips need to be accurate. even for tools, well, they were, until we entered POF. :(

We paid money for these tools, please fix them and let us know when they are working.

Thank you.

@atheria.2837 which nodes were you at that gave you ruined mats? Is it possible that there's a bug with the node rather than with your tools? Regardless, don't you think it would help ANet to resolve it if you provided specific examples, so that they could see what's going on?

For what it's worth, I did find one special node that gave me ruined mats (Griffon Roost, high up in Desert Highlands) I figured that it meant that I needed to complete some prerequisite first and had nothing to do with the everlasting tools I was using.

added: other special nodes seemed to work out ok, although it's entirely possible I just don't recognize the names and they are normal T6 nodes for the Desert zones.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:@"atheria.2837" which nodes were you at that gave you ruined mats? Is it possible that there's a bug with the node rather than with your tools? Regardless, don't you think it would help ANet to resolve it if you provided specific examples, so that they could see what's going on?

For what it's worth, I did find one special node that gave me ruined mats (Griffon Roost, high up in Desert Highlands). I figured that it meant that I needed to complete some prerequisite first and had nothing to do with the everlasting tools I was using.

Stop asking me what I can't provide, a name of a 'ruined fiber' from my "forever tools".

None of us thought we had to take a screenshot of what obviously should have been able to be harvested.

If I'm understanding this correctly, it sounds like a potential bug. If you're using an infinite harvesting tool of any sort, I believe it was intended for any associated material. You shouldn't get any ruined mats. If it is a bug, it could be associated to the material type, specific node, specific tool, etc.

I would recommend that you see if you can reproduce the problem, and if so, report it as a bug. If it persists, try using a different infinite tool or an Ori tool until it's addressed.

@atheria.2837 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:@"atheria.2837" which nodes were you at that gave you ruined mats? Is it possible that there's a bug with the node rather than with your tools? Regardless, don't you think it would help ANet to resolve it if you provided specific examples, so that they could see what's going on?

For what it's worth, I did find one special node that gave me ruined mats (Griffon Roost, high up in Desert Highlands). I figured that it meant that I needed to complete some prerequisite first and had nothing to do with the everlasting tools I was using.

Stop asking me what I can't provide, a name of a 'ruined fiber' from my "forever tools".

None of us thought we had to take a screenshot of what obviously should have been able to be harvested.

Um, read my post again: I asked "which nodes were you at", not what was supposed to drop. You don't need a screenshot, you can describe the location (or if you want, use the in-game /bug reporting tool, which records your location).

I'm not sure how you expect ANet to fix a problem, if you can't give them at least some details about where to get started looking in the code.

I've not experienced any such thing with nodes in the PoF zones, so I don't think it's a case of the tools not being a high enough tier. It seems more likely that this might be a repeat of the old bug that would result in ruined ore/ruined fibers/ruined wood being collected if you tried to harvest anything while in combat. Or it was a special kind of node that requires unlocking a certain achievement.

"Attempting to gather a resource with a poorer quality tool may result in gathering Ruined Plant Fiber, Ruined Log, or Ruined Ore Chunk instead of the intended crafting materials. "

Our forever tools say they can gather all materials. Not 'except' this or that, all.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unbound_Magic_Harvesting_Blast

Used to gather all plants.Rewards unbound magic in addition to harvesting results.Unlimited use.— In-game description

We paid for all. Some of us paid for more than one set. They say all materials, that's what they should do.

Not one single new map material has 'disavowed' the 'forever tools', until now, not through any expansion or added node.

The tools do work on all normal nodes, including the newly added ones in the PoF zones; if they didn't work, you'd see a ton of posts about this, rather than just one. Either the old bug (the one that causes ruined gathering results if you gather while in combat) has returned, or you're trying to gather a node that requires unlocking an achievement or other prerequisite to use (I'm not sure which, if any, those would be).

Nobody can help you without specifics, not even developers. You need to at least be able to provide the nodes that you are unable to collect from. If the government came to your home and said "This home is broken and you need to fix it" but provided you with no more information, or said "Quit asking for information we can't provide", I'm sure you wouldnt be satisfied with the feedback.

@Kodiak.4213 said:I don't know if it's still a thing, but were you being attacked while gathering? I know that if you take some heavy damage while gathering, the game used to give you ruined materials instead.

That bug was fixed long ago. But even so, I also got ruined fiber, out of combat (high up, on the same platform as the sand portal to the highest mastery point in Desert Highlands). The foes respawn quickly so I keep forgetting to /bug report it. As mentioned above, I'm assuming that it's part of a collection and that I haven't activated the relevant prerequisites. That is to say, I speculate that it's more an inconsistent, intended behavior; the choice of tools wouldn't matter.

Ahh. The Haresfoot Herb is a side-quest item you're told to pick up after taking a supply item to an NPC (one of the little side-quest chains you're given by a mount vendor after unlocking a mount). So, I think it's only meant to be harvestable if you've met that requirement, which would explain why you get Ruined Fibers if you gather it outside of those parameters. Now, if someone is on that step and is getting Ruined Fibers from that node, then that definitely sounds like a bug.

@atheria.2837 said:

All you are being asked for is the name of the node, not the mats. Maybe look what it is the next time you are in the area? Or if not where did it happen as there is a list of what nodes are in the zone.

Archived