[Suggestion] Change Backpack from wardrobe system to outfit system

Any chance that the backpack skin slot could receive an outfit/mountfit/glider-type interface for purchased backpack skins? In-game skins can continue to be transmuted

This is to keep it in line with the outfits, so they can all be swapped around freely for matching purposes

(Putting aside the unknown ease/difficulty of coding this in)

i.e. the backpack will have its own skin, and can be transmuted, while a toggle allows the gemshop skins to override their looks, just like outfits override normal armors

• All outfits are free to transmute.
  • No back items are free to transmute.
  • The only weapon or armor skins that are free to transmute come from the Hall of Monuments or AP Reward tracks.

In particular, stuff we buy from the gem shop isn't free to transmute, regardless of whether armor, weapon, or back.

Could the system use an overhaul or tweaking? Probably (depends on one's point of view, too). However, of all the tweaks, this one probably offers the least benefit to the least people, and yet still would cost an armor and a legendary.

This is one of the 6 things I'd like changed when it comes to the wardrobe and the outfit panel these days:

• Turn back items into just skins like the outfit, move their stats to the amulet.
  • Split the 'hat' of outfits into its own slot in the outfit panel, so they can be freely mixed with outfits and armor, like how you could in GW1 with hats and costumes.
  • Turn breathers into just skins selectable in the outfit panel, use the stats and upgrades on the helmet even when underwater instead. Give amulets a second enrichment slot for swimming infusions only.
  • Change gathering tool skins into selectable skins per character in the outfit panel that cover the skins of the currently equipped tools instead transmute skins. So we can buy any skins we want and freely equip them separately with each character without having to get a full set of infinite tools per character.
  • Add dye channels to weapons and backs items.
  • Ass a way to save 'appearance presents' in some way to quickly change between visuals.

Yep, you can think of it as saving transmute charges. A better way to put it would be, freedom to swap skins freely without having to worry about running out of charges.

Where I'm coming from:I have 18 playables, I have 18 purchased outfits (8 before, 10 thru the voucher), and 13 gemshop back pieces (3 before, 10 thru voucher), and the content that I play does not give charges. Also, the only way I know of to preview a back piece with outfit without outfit helm might be via the bank interface, though I'm not at home right now and can't check to confirm. Under the status quo, I try to use my charges sparingly, since my main source is via monthly rewards.

How Anet might benefit, in a limited fashion, to a segment of their clientèle:Selling point for gemshop backpieces

As a customer, I started buying outfits precisely because of its freely-swappable nature (I am a lazy person). I held back from buying back pieces (and other stuff) because the idea of transmutation charges really irks me. IF there are other customers like me, this might make cash skins more enticing to such players.

I do not know how easy or difficult it might be to make such a change, should Anet consider it worth trying to change. That's why I'm making this request, for their consideration.

(It makes sense to me that all gemshop skins should be free-to-apply, since we already pay for it. Free-to-apply is also an alternative, might be easier to implement, but destroys the original skin)

P.s. Lol, if they make the breathers into just skins, damn... I'm currently working on breathers, progress@12/18chars...

@Dante.1763 said:Id rather have backpacks moved so they could be dyed over having them turned into outfits ;-;Outfits can be dyed. Things do not need to stay as gear to be dyable.In fact, turning them into selectable visuals instead as transmutable skins would probably make it more likely for backs to become dyable, since it'll mean having to rework gearing anyways. Backs as pieces of gear do not have info for dyes like armors do, they would to be redone to be dyable. But as outfits the info for the dyes would be saved as their own variables like with outfits. No need to rework a type of gear when you can instead select 3 variables: one for the skin, 2 for the dye channels.

@zealex.9410 said:Idk about the rest but seeing which backpacks we have and which we dont from the wardrobe panel in the h panel would be amazing. Actually being able to do that for all armor parts would be amazing.

Is it that difficult to go the bank and look at the Wardrobe there to find this out? Are you sure you can't do that already from the H panel Wardrobe?

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Idk about the rest but seeing which backpacks we have and which we dont from the wardrobe panel in the h panel would be amazing. Actually being able to do that for all armor parts would be amazing.

Is it that difficult to go the bank and look at the Wardrobe there to find this out? Are you sure you can't do that already from the H panel Wardrobe?

I would assume much like every other armor piece the hp wardrpbe doesnt show you items u dont own.

To be honest the whole transmutation charge system can probably be scrapped. I doubt anyone actually buys them. Most people just get obscene amounts of them from various rewards anyway. Or just let us buy transmutation charges from Merchants for 1 silver a piece or something. At least that's my opinion on the whole issue.

Archived