Add (optional) tips/hints to loading screens!

Lonecap.4105

It can be obvious things, like telling new players about breakbars, hard CC like stun/knockback, and DoT CC like cripple. Or more unusual things that even veterans may not know, like typing "I am Evon Gnashblade" into Trading Post.

I think this would go a long way towards giving players easily digestible pieces of information.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:They had something like this at one point and people complained about them taking up space.

I'd say to hell with those people. If it can't be shoved into the tutorial anything that can help new players learn the mechanics should be welcome, especially if it's just text which shouldn't take up enough space to warrant complaints.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

It's really strange they chose not to go ahead with them... although they should've had a checkbox, people will complain about anything.

Unfortunatly, yeah. I did enjoy them tho, something that immediatly caught my eye at launch when they were gone. And it would only be benficial to explain how blast areas, breakbars, cc, etc... work.

I would wholeheartedly support an option like this. Unfortunately, if you explain the game to ppl, it upsets them and takes away their enjoyment. If you tell the ppl how a cc bar works you're basically telling them how to play the game and that's evil. This is why we can't have nice things.

@lokh.2695 said:I would wholeheartedly support an option like this. Unfortunately, if you explain the game to ppl, it upsets them and takes away their enjoyment. If you tell the ppl how a cc bar works you're basically telling them how to play the game and that's evil. This is why we can't have nice things.

That's okay, in my suggestion there is a checkbox to disable hints. Although they should be on by default.

Giving information on loading screens certainly wouldn't do any harm, it's just a case of if they'd really help anyone, in that a lot people don't know some things simply because they choose to ignore any text or simply can't be bothered to read. As often evidenced by the amount of people who link items in chat asking "what does this do" despite it literally saying in the item description.

I thought they had some information on loading screens past beta (there at beta, then gone, then different? information some time after launch), but it's been a really long time. I don't remember players complaining about it, though. I think it was lore-related information back then. Tips/hints/info would be great on loading screens, is my opinion. Even though I usually minimize them, as my potato takes so long to load maps. Lol.

Archived