My Honest Review On The Engineer Changes

Tehologist.5841

@Megametzler.5729 said:Wait! Since my zerker chrono was nerfed (lol), would condi engi be an alternative? Mind sharing a build?

Condi engi doesn't work well in PvP for engineer due to how much condi cleanse people are running. Long duration conditions, 20K over 10 seconds, but will usually get cleared in like 2.

Some people have pretty good success running pistol/pistol with rocket boots, grenades and elixir s. Good AoE cleave, mobility and lots of conditions. Lacks condition removal and stability.

@Tehologist.5841 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:Wait! Since my zerker chrono was nerfed (lol), would condi engi be an alternative? Mind sharing a build?

Some people have pretty good success running pistol/pistol with rocket boots, grenades and elixir s. Good AoE cleave, mobility and lots of conditions. Lacks condition removal and stability.

Swap healing turret for med kit and swap elixir s for elixir gun. I know you and everyone else loves elixir s, but using alchemy with tools gives you a 24 seconds stun breaker with the elixir gun. It may not make you invulnerable, but with good awareness and using it appropriately can save you the trouble of having to wait 48 seconds for a stun breaker (not including Self-Regulation Defenses).

You have far better condition cleanse when you combine the med kit with the elixir gun. You can cleanse 4 conditions every 15 seconds with the med kit compared to the healing turret and using super elixir from the elixir gun creates a light field that you can use to cleanse conditions and additional self and team sustain.

Elixir gun requires running alchemy and tools in order to get the stun break cool down to 24. Elixir S gets you stun break, safe stomp and stealth for escape with no requirement to use alchemy. Best damage for condi would involve using firearms and explosives as vulnerability gives good damage buff. For third traitline holo (extra fire/explosives), scrapper(survivability) and tools(vigor, bonus damage, tool belt cooldowns, static discharge) are all viable.

How are you getting 4 condi clears from med kit/elixir gun when med kit only has one blast finisher, the condi cleanse skill only works on allies. Are you suggesting drop light field from elixir gun then blasting it 3 times? If running core or scrapper, drop bandages is an amazing condition clear for the elite spot.

I do prefer elixir gun in a team fight situation with lots of condi and purity of purpose it has no equal, but elixir s is needed for survivability.

@Tehologist.5841 said:How are you getting 4 condi clears from med kit/elixir gun when med kit only has one blast finisher, the condi cleanse skill only works on allies. Are you suggesting drop light field from elixir gun then blasting it 3 times? If running core or scrapper, drop bandages is an amazing condition clear for the elite spot.

It's not just for allies, it's for the engineer as well. As long as you stand in the Cleansing Field, it going to cleanse 4 conditions from both you and your allies. Infusion Bomb (blast finisher) should only be used with Cleansing Field and it can be followed up with Acid Bomb for additional self and team sustain.

As for the elixir gun, drop super elixir and if you're using the tool kit, you can use Throw Wrench to cleanse a condition from you. Additional cleansing can come from the rifle or elixir gun auto attack, but the better option is med pack drop from the supply crate.

@Lazy.2835 said:Yeah, I enjoyed the scrapper buff. We just need condition engi to be viable in PvP now and a little buff for scrapper and everything should be right with the world.

I don't think that any additional buffs to the pistols is going to make condition engineer any viable in PvP. Sure it would be nice, but the pistols just never seemed good when it comes to fighting other players especially now. The only thing that would make condition engineer viable is by tweaking the kits like the elixir gun and grenade kit, in general just more reliable ways of applying conditions on foes.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Tehologist.5841 said:How are you getting 4 condi clears from med kit/elixir gun when med kit only has one blast finisher, the condi cleanse skill only works on allies. Are you suggesting drop light field from elixir gun then blasting it 3 times? If running core or scrapper, drop bandages is an amazing condition clear for the elite spot.

It's not just for allies, it's for the engineer as well. As long as you stand in the Cleansing Field, it going to cleanse 4 conditions from both you and your allies. Infusion Bomb (blast finisher) should only be used with Cleansing Field and it can be followed up with Acid Bomb for additional self and team sustain.

I play WvW a lot with scrapper and use med kit.

Per wiki - (Cleansing Field = Release purifying vapors to cleanse condition from allies near you at each interval.) The only skill's on med kit that can use on yourself are bandage self and infusion bomb. You can still use the water from cleansing field for combos, which works well with infusion bomb. If someone wants to test and prove me wrong, I would really like to be wrong on this.

I only get condi cleanse from f1 skill when using med kit because I use inventions and will get a second if I use anti-corrosion plating, you get 4 with healing turret though.

Condi on engineer doesn't make sense when it takes 10 seconds to kill and can be cleansed super easy. Compared to just running power build and killing someone in 2 seconds. On the flip side a lot of the conditions are AoE, and can reliably do poison, confusion, bleeding, burning, vulnerability, crippled, chilled and blind pretty consistently. So that is a lot of cover conditions to cleanse in order to not take damage and they are being constantly reapplied. The real trick is surviving long enough to finish the job.

@Tehologist.5841 said:

Per wiki - (Cleansing Field = Release purifying vapors to cleanse condition from allies near you at each interval.) The only skill's on med kit that can use on yourself are bandage self and infusion bomb. You can still use the water from cleansing field for combos, which works well with infusion bomb. If someone wants to test and prove me wrong, I would really like to be wrong on this.

If you don't trust me, go to the PvP lobby, kill an npc that applies conditions while downed like the revenant. The revenant's downed state auto attack applies slow, so just activate Cleansing Field while being auto attacked and pay close attention to the slow being cleansed while you're on the field.

@"Tehologist.5841"

Cleansing Field, it cleanses you, a single minute in a PvP game would corroborate that.

Many skills say "allies" yet a vast amount of them include you as a target.

@Hoodie.1045

You've been trying to convince people to run your med kit core engi build for months, it has occurred to me that your obscure, yet fun core engi build will likely only ever be enjoyed seriously by you!

If you're playing the best possible role per class, you would not configure your core engi's defenses for 1v1, ie: eGun&Medkit. Core engi is only ever able to possibly scrape viability when you build for teamfights (bring invulns, stealths, focus on mad cleave instead of being outclassed on side nodes.) If you have no stab, invulns, or stealth, your 24s stunbreak will be useless as you get focused by 2+ players, and you still have crap matchups and 1vX on side nodes.

@Tehologist.5841 said:Happy to be corrected on this, I just pop it for the water field and never noticed that the cleanse worked on me as well. The wording is odd as normally says allies and not allies near you.

outgoing is the only term regarding allies that does not apply to you if i am not mistaken.

allies and nearby allies always includes you

Archived