Focus 4 rework?!

Nimon.7840

In my opinion tracking and effects of the skill are very bad, if you really cast it on 1200 range.

On 1200 range the projectile will most likely never hit and if it hits it still has to bounce to be good, but it won't apply it's effects to you.Also the random bounces are very bad and anet already has proven that by reworking guard focus 4.

So what are your opinions.

Maybe anet can take this poll to see how people feel about the weapon.

I really hope we get a rework.

The main problem is it is unreliable. When it does work it is actually quite powerful. Three things it needs:

1. Increase the projectile speed and making it homing (something akin to Life Blast).
  2. Make it so the bounce will now prioritize hitting a foe after an ally, to prevent those annoying 1 instance of damage.
  3. Change the Regeneration to an offensive boon, either Might, Fury, or Quickness.

I really don't understand the bouncing between allies and enemies bit. Regeneration is not the most useful boon in a necro's arsenal and we have better access to it with staff 2 which can be maintained indefinitely. I suppose the boon could be changed like @"Lahmia.2193" is suggesting. I personally would like to see it changed to a "vortex of scythes" kind of thing where your target enemy and enemies adjacent to them take damage from the vortex, in a manner similar to the new guardian focus skill.

@"Lahmia.2193" said:The main problem is it is unreliable. When it does work it is actually quite powerful. Three things it needs:

1. Increase the projectile speed and making it homing (something akin to Life Blast).
  2. Make it so the bounce will now prioritize hitting a foe after an ally, to prevent those annoying 1 instance of damage.
  3. Change the Regeneration to an offensive boon, either Might, Fury, or Quickness.

I agree with the first two but think the regen should proc on the Necro instantly, regardless of whether the attack connects. Focus is a hybrid offense/defense weapon and can be very good at medium ranges. The unreliability of "bouncing" and the issue of healing through shroud need specific remedies. In fact, I would gladly trade the regeneration for a small, direct heal.

Regen is a problem for Necro and it does not stack so, for other professions, it can still be replaced but that does not mean the concept of a heal is not useful. It is just the implementation has issues. At least fury stacks in duration. Regen was fixed to take/keep the highest healing power so, in group play, focus 4's regen may be kept or discarded depending on whether the Necro has the highest healing power (and lowest dps.)

I like the multiple strikes & the vulnerability stacks, but not the bouncing or the regen. The inaccuracy is annoying, but the projectile itself looks cool. Hmm.

Something similar to revenant sword 4: fire projectiles at every foe in a column AoE in front of the caster (with either tracking or faster speed) that quickly strikes multiple times upon hit, inflicts vuln on enemies and a boon on the caster and allies, with the boon being stronger for every ally affected (eg. 4s vigor +1s for every ally in the AoE).

Archived