Kourna Meta is now rewarding

hugo.4705

I want to adress a special huge thanks to the programmers or designers who added more rewards for the events during the meta in Domain of kourna! After conquering the gandara courtyard, 4 kournan cache are now spawned next to the stairs, at the end you earn approximately the same as the Inquest specimen chamber meta-event. Also I've little suggestions and the meta would be perfect: Bridge events should reward some little rewards like spare parts and unidentified gears. And champions during claiming areas should be like at palawadan, dropping phylactery. But those are just details, I love that update!

I find the meta results in fewer overall rewards distributed more evenly, compared to previously. The situation before the most recent changes was that all the mobs dropped loot and with big crowds, there would be a lot of mobs. In particular, it was a great karma farm if you had the relevant vendor-sold buffs. This also meant that the rewards went to those good at farming, with the usual consequences: the spoils went to those who could tag, scale up the number of mobs, delay the caps longer, etc.

After the change, the vast majority of the rewards are now fixed, e.g. in the chests that spawn. The better rewards go to those who participate in the most phases, not the ones who tag the most mobs.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:"Added" or was it a bug fix? I remember there being an unreachable chest under the map..... wouldn't surprise me if it was actually 4 chests.

I thought that chest was in the tunnel beneath the fortress, where the story mission takes place?

@Dante.1763 said:

@"starlinvf.1358" said:"Added" or was it a bug fix? I remember there being an unreachable chest under the map..... wouldn't surprise me if it was actually 4 chests.

I thought that chest was in the tunnel beneath the fortress, where the story mission takes place?

Doesn't matter where it actually was, the point being it was not accessible when it obviously should be. Having something incorrectly spawn due to a positioning error or broken variable isn't unprecedented in this game. And that would realistically cause 4 of them to spawn on top of each other (assuming it was a bug), and we'd never get down to find out how many.

Archived