Is it possible to climb out of gold...

snowflake.9037

It really depends on match making...

You can win 1v3 but what good is that if your team still wiped at mid like lemmings to 2 players?

If you care about rank and rank has some weird validity to you, then you can always duo with a friend or player of similar skill to ensure that he holds atleast 1 point while you 1v3 on another.

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:I don't think I have ever heard of a regular plat player getting placed in anything less than gold 3.

Unless you were trying new classes out and lost most of your games?

here is one that I remembered from not to long ago. If i could be bothered to do a deep search, I am certain I can find many similar claims

@"BeLZedaR.4790" said:Objectiely better? Explain the fact then I placed silver/gold in a few seasons and climbed to plat with ease every single time? Then from plat to legend (harder).

You are not “hard stuck” and thhe system isn’t rigging you as much as you’d like to think.

As usual, it’s people over estimating their own skill. And once again asking to get carried by comp and communication advantage (5 man) vs unorganized and random comps.

from this thread

i have had similar experiences.

i don't mean that people who finish top 250 in the leaderboard are silver start regulars, but some players (many) make the climb from those tiers into platinum, and some legs have started in plat 1- gold 3

i won't say it's a majority of what the players experience, but if I had to pull a number out of my bottom, then I would wager it to be about 20% of the plats and higher that have to climb.

reasons?

• luck
  • time zone
  • ping
  • hour of the day
  • learning the new meta, shaking off the dust

I play FA ele and used to be plat 1-2 every season until this one.

Every game has teammates dying literally 2 seconds after arriving at mid, losing 1v1 duels at home, going far after we control 2 points and dying so we're left 5v3, getting beast stolen, being rally bots.

I can't find a way to climb lol. It's pve galore down here at 1350-1450.

I was placed in silver this season, made my way up to plat 1/2, with a comfortable winrate, fell back to bottom gold 1, now back to gold 3 with 50% winrate. I think I won't be able to play anymore before the Season ends so taking decay into account, I'll probably end up in silver or bronze. No Big deal, I had good matchups overall, and almost no toxic behaviors/players.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:I was placed in silver this season, made my way up to plat 1/2, with a comfortable winrate, fell back to bottom gold 1, now back to gold 3 with 50% winrate. I think I won't be able to play anymore before the Season ends so taking decay into account, I'll probably end up in silver or bronze. No Big deal, I had good matchups overall, and almost no toxic behaviors/players.

This pretty much my experience so far too (think its morr like 54% though ;) and not using meta builds either. Rocketman all the way :)

Yes it’s definitely possible. I play Druid only which is definitely not meta and play 90% solo q and have no problems at all getting from gold (which I regularly drop to by playing fun build that I am bad on) up to plat 3. Getting legend takes longer and needs a little luck but I have been there multiple times this season.

Take a look at what you can improve in your own play before looking to matchmaking. Your team mates will almost always be bad players, just focus on playing your best and if even that isn’t enough, then just forget it and move on to the next one :)

@suffish.4150 said:Yes it’s definitely possible. I play Druid only which is definitely not meta and play 90% solo q and have no problems at all getting from gold (which I regularly drop to by playing fun build that I am bad on) up to plat 3. Getting legend takes longer and needs a little luck but I have been there multiple times this season.

Take a look at what you can improve in your own play before looking to matchmaking. Your team mates will almost always be bad players, just focus on playing your best and if even that isn’t enough, then just forget it and move on to the next one :)

did you read the title? druid is meta build from pay expansion

@Sanity Obscure.6054 said:I don't think I have ever heard of a regular plat player getting placed in anything less than gold 3.

Unless you were trying new classes out and lost most of your games?

I was placed in Silver 3 previous season because my promos didn't go well (6/10). Got back to plat within 3 days. It helps that the first 5 matches you play after placements give more points (or take away ofc.)

@MasterD.4790 said:That short answer....no.....you have to carry the heck out of your team in Gold to get to Plat....however once you get into Plat 1/2 it gets a little better lol

That's where you wonder the point of divisions. To be fair, gold division is totally random to me. I know after 100-150 games i'll be back to plat for sure, but do you have the motivation to go through all the classic trouble ( mates not reading chat, won matchs lost, bad setups, afks, dcs,..) every season ? That's more likely the point

@MikeL.8260 said:Having the proper mentality helps too. If every time you enter a match your first thought is ''my team sucks'' followed by ''I'm the only good player here'' followed by ''it's not worth it'' then ofc. you will never climb out of gold. You don't deserve to..

I mean everytime I give it a shot it's the same old. I try to do my absolute best. Reviving, cleaving, rotating, focusing on obj (which sometimes gets downright ignored by my team).

What's the reward? Just a badge? It's very frustrating and at times it feels not worth all the unpleasant experiences I gather along the way.

@Axelteas.7192 said:

@suffish.4150 said:Yes it’s definitely possible. I play Druid only which is definitely not meta and play 90% solo q and have no problems at all getting from gold (which I regularly drop to by playing fun build that I am bad on) up to plat 3. Getting legend takes longer and needs a little luck but I have been there multiple times this season.

did you read the title? druid is meta build from pay expansion

Druid is subpar. Not useless, still viable, but definitely not meta. Not with all the faceroll boonbeats out there, even though they have a slightly different focus. :smile:

On topic: Have been placed in gold with troll builds a couple of times too. Always got back up. Never in silver though...

@MikeL.8260 saidI was placed in Silver 3 previous season because my promos didn't go well (6/10).

How does the system put you in Silver 3 for losing 4 out of 10 matches? I swear I've had the same 6win4loss preliminary and still landed at least Plat1. My mind hurts lol

Is the system taking the previous season's ending score into to account?

I just got yelled at for not fully capping far, in Gold 3, on Thief. I really don't think divisions (save for Plat 2 and above maybe) hold any meaning whatsoever.

Gold is a giant melting pot that makes absolutely no sense, for every good/fun games you get, you get 9 where you just want to smash your head into a wall.

Generally you can climb at least as long as you can carry matches.If you are stuck at some rating and want to improve you need to reconsider build, playstyle and rotations. Sometimes correct rotations in platinium are not correct in gold/silver. You need to know when to trust someone to win or stale 1v1 which could be hard to do in lower ranks.

@Virelion.4128 said:Generally you can climb at least as long as you can carry matches.If you are stuck at some rating and want to improve you need to reconsider build, playstyle and rotations. Sometimes correct rotations in platinium are not correct in gold/silver. You need to know when to trust someone to win or stale 1v1 which could be hard to do in lower ranks.

That's the thing tho, you watch Plat2+ games and in general they flow very well (when properly matched anyway), everyone does what he's supposed to do. You get into a gold game and you can't even begin to strategize because there's no way to know how your team will act or react. Example i ran into this week end, i queue on my Thief, see my team has a Reaper, a Ranger and 2 Mes so i switch to my Scrapper to support the Necro Mid assuming at least one of the 2 Mes will roam.

Guess what, neither of them roam at all, just go mid while the Necro chain suicide at far, like wat.

I could write a fucking essay with examples like that.

Archived