Halloween: Rivalry of Kings achievement?

I am confused. So there is nothing to do for me since I already did the last mission in "Long Live the Lich"?

Wasn't there something promised regarding new quests to discover more about Halloween? Or was that all a reference to the new back item quests from last year? :/ No new quests?

Edit: Ahh, just discovered the "Mad Maleficence" achievement. That must be the new quest chain! :)

The way it's written is confusing, but grey text in an achievement description is normally the requirement to start it - so I think it means you have to have completed Long Live the Lich to be able to do Rivalry of Kings. I've not done it yet (haven't found the NPC) but I guess it's a major spoiler otherwise.

And yeah, I think completing that unlocks Mad Maleficence, but I'm not sure what that is since I've not done the other achievement yet.

@Cynder.2509 said:Oh and I thought at first I had to replay the mission for the achievement

That was my first thought, hence the surprise when talking to Kernel was enough for me to complete it.

Is this character bound by the way?

There are no character bound achievements. ;)

@Danikat.8537 said:And yeah, I think completing that unlocks Mad Maleficence, but I'm not sure what that is since I've not done the other achievement yet.

Yes, must be. I only discovered this new achievement collection by accident, but its contents are definitely connected to the conversation I had with Kernel.

Hmm strange because I remember that I could only complete a certain achievement linked to the Joko invasion with only one character. The one that actually did the first invasion events and the one who crafted the device. I don't know exactly what it was but I believe oit was a scavenger hunt with inquest stuff.

@Cynder.2509 said:Hmm strange because I remember that I could only complete a certain achievement linked to the Joko invasion with only one character. The one that actually did the first invasion events and the one who crafted the device. I don't know exactly what it was but I believe oit was a scavenger hunt with inquest stuff.

No, you were right, and that was a 'really' ugly implementation. I hope they never do that again.

Well, I am a very disappointed that this was it. No further follow-up quest.

In the interview, it was stated that there would be new, history-related (or historic?) content - at least, the devs made it sound that way. And now it was merely a scavenger hunt with an underwhelming reward. I'm a sad camper, since I had hoped to finally be able to play the content related to Thorn's son. :/

Archived