PVE - WvW Content- Airships / Boat Battles (upgradable)

Hadi.3167

Once again i come with a proposition! Another famous Yay, Nay, who cares post! This time with the opinions about newer PvE / WvW Content. What do you think about being able to man and pilot Airships ? Upgradable boats and airships that can be flown in certain maps including WvW. With a new expansion coming hopefully next year (fingers crossed) , I could only assume it would have to be something very dynamic and immersive such as these two mechanics. I've never seen a game do these two very well other than Black Desert and ArcheAge (excluding airships for Black Desert). With the new mount system introduced into Guild wars series, many players thought it wouldn't fit, what would be the point of mounts ? I understand some maps are instance base and would be hard to include boats / airships.. But i know it can be done with some sort of system, and if not ? Why not include this in WvW ? Making new siege weapons that can shoot Airships out the sky or Boat cannon fire so it wouldn't make it too OP for players on the land to fight against Airships. I included WvW too because we are expecting a new WvW restructuring in the near future too! A lot of people did not want gliding in WvW and some are even talking about adding maybe smaller versions of Mounts to WvW too ( i doubt that will ever be a thing but never say never, am i right?). SO , what do you think? Immersive Airships and Boats Battles? Upgradable too with your guild flag held high!? YAY !!! NAYY?!!? WHO CARES !?!? VOTE NOW!

@killermanjaro.5670 said:I've always backed airship / boat battles, but I'd only want them if anet had the time & resources to do it properly (which I doubt they do), I wouldn't want them added if they ended up done in a half assed way that made them feel like a crappy mini game which didn't work properly.

I figured this was implied, but a good point nonetheless, shouldn’t make an abomination out of it like Blizzard did with Deathchin

Archived