New piece for "gear" : Artefact

borya.2964

Hey folks,

I got this idea thanks to the really beautiful work we can regularly see on different icons across the game (objects from quests, living story, stolen skills etc.).

An artefact could be a new piece of “gear” you could use in open world pve (to begin with) that would be slotted and visible somewhere in the equipment/stats preview. The (same) icon could be also visible somewhere in the skill bar (I put it right before profession skills, above the weapon swap icon) and his effect should be visible buy you and other players (with a second icon) next to boons etc. You would need to play a specific quest for each artefact and the rarity could go from rare to ascended (legendary?). Also, all artefacts could be class related to create demand.

In order to not add power creep, artefacts would not be combat related (at least, not stats related) but with a significant passive gain in term of? Well, I don’t know, for now, I personally would like artefacts more turned to other players (the effect would not benefit the player itself, but the players around?), but I have no ideas about the effects. What do you think guys? What kind of effects it could be?

https://postimg.cc/bDbHnjSQ

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.

It sounds like you're asking for something like food and utilities - an item which gives you a buff. But the item doesn't get used up and the effect of it goes to other players around you instead of to you. How is this system different to adding new food which gives a buff to people around you?

I also don't understand what any of that has to do with liking the artwork on icons or why the artefact's icon would need to be shown next to your skill bar, unless this is literally a way to have an icon you like on screen at all times so you see it more often?

So you want an item slot, for a class of item that you can collect and that could give a buff, but not a combat buff, and to other players, not yourself? I'm not sure I see the point.

Sounds more like a mastery system for commanders: a selectable buff for those around you/in your squad.

I’m not understanding the worth of your suggestion. It sounds like you’re saying you want the option to add a visible icon to the UI because you like the way the icons in game look, but you have no idea what use they’d have. What’s the point of it? If you like the icons that much then put them in your inventory so you can look at them whenever you like.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.

It sounds like you're asking for something like food and utilities - an item which gives you a buff. But the item doesn't get used up and the effect of it goes to other players around you instead of to you. How is this system different to adding new food which gives a buff to people around you?

I also don't understand what any of that has to do with liking the artwork on icons or why the artefact's icon would need to be shown next to your skill bar, unless this is literally a way to have an icon you like on screen at all times so you see it more often?

Pretty much, but unlike food/utility the buff would be permanent until you slot another artefact, also it would be something else rather than stats bonus. The difference is that you would need to finish a quest, maybe with some mystic forge craft in the end to obtain the artefact. I put an icon in the UI because I don’t know if the buff would be passive or if it could have an active part/skill (to use the buff) but without interfering with the stolen skill mechanic.

A kind of new end content type of “gear”. Not that too invasive (to avoid power creep and balance issues) but interesting enough to invest time to get those items.I know it can be hard/weird to understand because I don’t know myself what kind of buff it could be, that’s why I asked for suggestions.

Archived