Legendary Precursor Question

zidane.5194

With First Gen. Legendaries, you can craft the precursor, buy it from the TP, or have it drop for you. However, the only way to get a Second Gen. precursor is through crafting/collections. I know I have seen the answer to my question somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you craft more than one of the same Second Gen. precursor? For example, if I want two Nevermore legendaries for different characters, can I craft two of the Raven Staff to do this? Or am I just out of luck? Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately no, you can't craft a second copy of a second gen legendary. If you want a second staff which looks like Nevermore you can apply the skin to any other staff through the wardrobe. If you want one with the legendary functionality you'll need to craft or buy The Bifrost and change the skin.

If I remember correctly Anet have considered ways to make it possible to craft a second gen 2 legendary, but they've not actually decided on anything yet, so it's not a change I'd expect to see any time soon.

@zidane.5194 said:With First Gen. Legendaries, you can craft the precursor, buy it from the TP, or have it drop for you. However, the only way to get a Second Gen. precursor is through crafting/collections. I know I have seen the answer to my question somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you craft more than one of the same Second Gen. precursor? For example, if I want two Nevermore legendaries for different characters, can I craft two of the Raven Staff to do this? Or am I just out of luck? Thank you for your help.

You cannot craft more than one Generation 2 legendaries(of the same kind, so no to the double Nevermore.)

@phs.6089 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:You can at least make another precursor for the legendaries introduced in each LW chapter.

This , as called legendary 2.5 precursors can be crafted again and again.

2nd gen that can't be obtained again are:Nevermore, HOPE, Astalaria & Chuka IIRC

Sorry? At the cost of 26k Mithril and 26K Elder Wood, is much much cheaper to craft an "ordinary" ascendant weapon. Because you already have the skin of the precursor.

As a sidenote: When the time to release the Legendary Earrings will come, I think it will be a good idea to name one of them as "The legendary Toothpick" - you can craft the precursor (the "ordinary" pick) with only 30k metal and 30k wood. Turning it into a Legendary should take enough resources as for a nuclear submarine completely equipped for missions.

For the OP: Yes, you can craft only one Legendary weapon for gen2. Also, one single Legendary trinket for each model. No matter how many toons you have. Only ONE.This is one of the worst limitations I ever encountered in a MMO game.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:You can at least make another precursor for the legendaries introduced in each LW chapter.

This , as called legendary 2.5 precursors can be crafted again and again.

2nd gen that can't be obtained again are:Nevermore, HOPE, Astalaria & Chuka IIRC

Sorry? At the cost of 26k Mithril and 26K Elder Wood, is much much cheaper to craft an "ordinary" ascendant weapon. Because you already have the skin of the precursor.

As a sidenote: When the time to release the Legendary Earrings will come, I think it will be a good idea to name one of them as "The legendary Toothpick" - you can craft the precursor (the "ordinary" pick) with only 30k metal and 30k wood. Turning it into a Legendary should take enough resources as for a nuclear submarine completely equipped for missions.

For the OP: Yes, you can craft only one Legendary weapon for gen2. Also, one single Legendary trinket for each model. No matter how many toons you have.
Only ONE
.This is one of the worst limitations I ever encountered in a MMO game.

Not really, you get to craft only ascended (3rd version) that is precursor, omiting first 2 steps. I always was on the side that crafting 2-3 ascended weps with different stats you might need is better but that wasn't the question OP asked.

Also there is achievement with fancy title for crafting 2 identical legendary weapons. (my hands really itch to get second shining blade) :)

@"phs.6089" said:

Not really, you get to craft only ascended (3rd version) that is precursor, omiting first 2 steps. I always was on the side that crafting 2-3 ascended weps with different stats you might need is better but that wasn't the question OP asked.

Also there is achievement with fancy title for crafting 2 identical legendary weapons. (my hands really itch to get second shining blade) :)

This is something I did not know. It's useful to read the Forums =). Thanks for the info.Also, if you craft the precursor (in this example the precursor of the Shining Blade) several times you can get the "Twice told legend" achievement?

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"phs.6089" said:

This is something I did not know. It's useful to read the Forums =). Thanks for the info.Also, if you craft the precursor (in this example the precursor of the Shining Blade) several times you can get the "Twice told legend" achievement?

Not the precursor, you need 2 identical legendary weapons, so I need to make Save the Queen into The Shining Blade for that achievement.

While making gen2.5 you get to keep recipes hence you can strait away craft another precursor if you wish.

Hmm, I’ve only made 3 Legendaries from set two, all of which have collections (Chuka, Astralaria, and Nevermore). But upon crafting its Precursor, the recipe is no longer usable, and states in Red lettering in the crafting window “I have already crafted this item”.So unless someone can definitively provide evidence that you can craft multiple of the Precursors/Legendaries that do not have collections tied to them (the 2.5 Legendaries, as we call them), can we stop telling people that it is possible to do so. I can’t find a source anywhere stating this is possible.

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Hmm, I’ve only made 3 Legendaries from set two, all of which have collections (Chuka, Astralaria, and Nevermore). But upon crafting its Precursor, the recipe is no longer usable, and states in Red lettering in the crafting window “I have already crafted this item”.So unless someone can definitively provide evidence that you can craft multiple of the Precursors/Legendaries that do not have collections tied to them (the 2.5 Legendaries, as we call them), can we stop telling people that it is possible to do so. I can’t find a source anywhere stating this is possible.

there we go https://imgur.com/a/YgGF4Ie

@phs.6089 said:Also there is achievement with fancy title for crafting 2 identical legendary weapons. (my hands really itch to get second shining blade) :)

I'm chipping away at a second Quip for the same reason(1). (Imagine an Asura Daredevil with Staff and Pistol/Pistol, and now imagine the same character with Staff and Quip/Quip.)

(1) The Chaos Gun was really cheap on the TP a little while ago, so I bought two.

Archived