Empathetic Bond is Dead Again

Durzlla.6295

I removed that trait when they gutted it on August 8th of last year and never looked back.Are you saying that trait transfers pet conditions to the ranger? If so that trait is even worse than I thought it was.

~ Kovu

edit- Okay I just looked it up. It -shouldn't- split the duration of conditions initially applied to your pet. If it does, that seems wrong. Also, the trait might be viable in pve. Forgot it's 50% there. I can't speak to it there.

@Kovu.7560 said:I removed that trait when they gutted it on August 8th of last year and never looked back.Are you saying that trait transfers pet conditions to the ranger? If so that trait is even worse than I thought it was.

~ Kovu

Oh yeah, this trait wasn't just gutted it was made into a debilitating mess. The way it works is if you or your pet get hit by an attack that applies condis it will split the duration between you and the pet, if you BOTH get hit by a cleave attack it will apply the condis twice, and then pulsing fields just applies it once. So it's not just bad, it's awful.

However, with the rune/sigil patch (in PvP at least) it wasn't applying the condis to the ranger when just the pet was hit, but... now it is again... so it's back in the dumpster.

Archived