Why Alacrity on a Renegade?

sostronk.8167

@Hoodie.1045 said:My guess would be so that Renegade isn't completely useless and has a place in certain game modes.

Yeah, my guess is that they were trying to create an alternative option to Chrono so it doesn't have the entire monopoly on Alacrity. Still is super random to me, especially on Ventari's tablet. It's a nice addition, but I can't stand the bright pink cloud.

@"sostronk.8167" said:I don't have the energy to use my skills often enough to reach cooldown/recharge, but I get Alacrity to reduce the cooldown/recharge on said skills?

Makes no sense.

What am I missing?

You are missing "support".

It's true that ANet try to use the revenant as an alternative to the chronomancer (Just like they try to make the necromancer the answer to the boon spam in WvW: very badly), however, I think in the case of the renegade it's more for thematic purpose since Kallah became legendary by leading her troup which became our utility skills.

@Aeolus.3615 said:After being playing a condi/hybridd renegade has much it feels good, alacry does not make sense XD and some energy costs are a bit hight.Remove the alacry and give some similiar skills to f3 but to heal allies XD

Revenants don't really need help healing allies tho... They already have the highest pure healing output of any class in the game. The thing that keeps them out of the meta is that nobody needs that much healing in the first place--and people want offensive buffs to come with their healing support, cuz it's all about dat power creep. Things like traited OFA giving permanent Alacrity are the types of things that could actually get support Rev brought into more groups. If anything, they need more skills like this, not fewer, if they actually want suppRev to be a thing that people actively want in their groups.

I think the devs were aiming to make rev support in raids a thing. Between alacrity, healing and might you can hold a support spot. It is a good option as well for supporting people around in open world. Where it really falls flat is in solo PvE.

It could be a decent addition in PvP if renegade as a whole is decent, but that does not seem likely.

@narcx.3570 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:After being playing a condi/hybridd renegade has much it feels good, alacry does not make sense XD and some energy costs are a bit hight.Remove the alacry and give some similiar skills to f3 but to heal allies XD

Revenants don't really need help healing allies tho... They already have the highest pure healing output of any class in the game. The thing that keeps them out of the meta is that
nobody needs that much healing in the first place
and people want offensive buffs to come with their healing support, cuz it's all about dat power creep. Things like traited OFA giving permanent Alacrity are the types of things that could actually get support Rev brought into more groups. If anything, they need more skills like this, not fewer, if they actually want suppRev to be a thing that people actively want in their groups.

Yup that's very true, and most builds tend to be spammable and simple to work as well, that all that is needed.

Archived