WvW Teirs

Cazmyr.7234

Hello all,

Long time player, first time poster. Recently it seems like the way the 4 WvW tiers are populated has changed. It is resulting in wildly unfair and nowhere in the realm of fun weeks. If you look at what is happening in tier 4 right now it is a perfect example. A long time power house in Sea of Sorrows, a server that was at the top for over a year was placed in tier 4 and is absolutely destroying them. Currently the red team has 4 camps. Period. I don't know how or why this change came about, but it is not a good one and will drive people away from WvW for weeks at a time.

Please come up with a new way to organize the tiers that is something close to balanced with server strength. If you do not want to have it be the rankings from the week before (I assume this is why the change was made so that the same servers are not fighting over and over again) then come up with something new. Or open it up to the players to come up with solutions. Open a thread on here where we post ideas.

Thank you for your time and a wonderful game that I enjoy very much,

Caz

I see from the server population list on the wiki that SoR has dropped to medium. All the bandwagoners have left I presume, leaving the native population in a precarious position. Hold on in there as you'll be a linked server in a couple of weeks and back to at least a nominally fair match.

More worrying for me is that FC has gone to high. Hoping it's just more of us coming out to play WvW while linked with KN rather than an (unwanted) bunch of server fairweathers. Hint: we don't want you. ;)

The population fluctuation is mostly contributed by the high transfer frequency, I believe.You can't balance strength if the strength continuously change without any rational patterns due to the frequent transfers.Before you can make a better balance, one need to reduce the transfer frequency.If anet is not willing to place a bigger penalty on frequent transfers, then, it is up to the community to shame and boycott the people that transfer frequently.Also, I believe they changed the cap.

@Doo Lally.8594 said:I see from the server population list on the wiki that SoR has dropped to medium. All the bandwagoners have left I presume, leaving the native population in a precarious position. Hold on in there as you'll be a linked server in a couple of weeks and back to at least a nominally fair match.

More worrying for me is that FC has gone to high. Hoping it's just more of us coming out to play WvW while linked with KN rather than an (unwanted) bunch of server fairweathers. Hint: we don't want you. ;)

FC actively received tons of people that want to coatride the KN alliance... People who were in other large servers including the aforementioned Sea of Sorrows.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Doo Lally.8594 said:I see from the server population list on the wiki that SoR has dropped to medium. All the bandwagoners have left I presume, leaving the native population in a precarious position. Hold on in there as you'll be a linked server in a couple of weeks and back to at least a nominally fair match.

FC actively received tons of people that want to coatride the KN alliance... People who were in other large servers including the aforementioned Sea of Sorrows.

Oh sweary words ffs! I haven't seen any new names but then again I wouldn't know if they were on KN or FC.

Can only hope the locust swarm moves on quickly then. Ty for the heads up.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Head over the wvw area of the forums and read up on the plan for alliances.

The current fiasco of tier four will remain until the server links are rebalanced. Also, fwiw, the imbalance is mostly player driven because of band wagonning.

That is an odd argument to make in this day and age. There are so few active fight guilds, and thus quality commanders, left that when single guilds leaves a server it takes a nosedive. At this point people who transfer tend to do it to just get some content.

I guess you could still fault the players for not creating new guilds and producing new quality commanders but considering that the developers have been both neglectful and counterproductive to that end (while they keep pushing for gem-transfers), well, the argument is odd.

Yup, totally agree. It a numbers based pay to win server stacking game mode now and unless the gum flapping of alliances actually come soon WvW will keep loosing numbers. It's not even close to fair at this point, those that refuse to admit it are just on the other side getting bags, but is it really fun to just run people over? I've been on both side of the spectrum and it's getting boring either way. You're either outnumbered or you have 30 more people than the other mob. I mean what is the point of balance patches in WvW atm?? Oh yea awesome my char got a buff that's going to do nothing against a mob that's 3x times your group size. WvW will be what EoTM is now if they don't fix this, most games die when they go pay to win.

Archived