"Fear Me!" is too balanced

Ruufio.1496

@"cryorion.9532" said:What about giving "Fear Me!" something like Balanced Stance/Endure Pain special buff, which pulses fear (and maybe even also weakness?) around you for xy seconds?

pulsing fear may be much (im not a fan of features which remove players ability to react, even if it can be stunbroke), but pulse weakness would be cool

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

@"cryorion.9532" said:What about giving "Fear Me!" something like Balanced Stance/Endure Pain special buff, which pulses fear (and maybe even also weakness?) around you for xy seconds?

pulsing fear may be much (im not a fan of features which remove players ability to react, even if it can be stunbroke), but pulse weakness would be cool

It all depends on duration and interval of fear+weakness application, and whole skill CD. And of course, proper telegraph (some red aura around warrior with the buff, etc).

E.g. 40 seconds CD for Fear Me buff that lasts 8 seconds, applies fear and weakness for 2 seconds every 2 seconds.For PvP/WvW it could be 30 seconds CD, 4 seconds duration, 2 seconds condition durations every 2 seconds.

It would actually look like warrior's war cry that demotivates enemies, kinda fitting to warrior.

Those are just suggestions, concept of how it could be changed. Maybe it would be op, maybe it would be even worse than current version, I don't know.But it would be nice to see better and more useful usage of fear for warrior.

@cryorion.9532 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:What about giving "Fear Me!" something like Balanced Stance/Endure Pain special buff, which pulses fear (and maybe even also weakness?) around you for xy seconds?

It all depends on duration and interval of fear+weakness application, and whole skill CD. And of course, proper telegraph (some red aura around warrior with the buff, etc).

E.g. 40 seconds CD for Fear Me buff that lasts 8 seconds, applies fear and weakness for 2 seconds every 2 seconds.For PvP/WvW it could be 30 seconds CD, 4 seconds duration, 2 seconds condition durations every 2 seconds.

It would actually look like warrior's war cry that demotivates enemies, kinda fitting to warrior.

Those are just suggestions, concept of how it could be changed. Maybe it would be op, maybe it would be even worse than current version, I don't know.But it would be nice to see better and more useful usage of fear for warrior.

8 seconds would be waaay too long, that would be 10 seconds of fear, and why weaken enemies that cant attack because they are supposed to be feared anyways?

@RedShark.9548 said:

@cryorion.9532 said:What about giving "Fear Me!" something like Balanced Stance/Endure Pain special buff, which pulses fear (and maybe even also weakness?) around you for xy seconds?

8 seconds would be waaay too long, that would be 10 seconds of fear, and why weaken enemies that cant attack because they are supposed to be feared anyways?

What about stability? People usually complain that there is too much stability/stunbreaks, this pulsing fear could actually help with that. Enemies that have stability (thus fear nullified) would still get weakness. I also wrote those numbers as example (and I meant 8 seconds for PvE as I mentioned PvP/WvW in the next sentence). Obviously, the special buff would have melee range (130 or 240).

@cryorion.9532 said:

What about stability? People usually complain that there is too much stability/stunbreaks, this pulsing fear could actually help with that. Enemies that have stability (thus fear nullified) would still get weakness. I also wrote those numbers as example (and I meant 8 seconds for PvE as I mentioned PvP/WvW in the next sentence). Obviously, the special buff would have melee range (130 or 240).It would be too much, a single skill shouldn't drain all your counter play resources.4 stunbreaks or 4 stability stacks is pretty bad.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Or, you just include fear into the warriors traits that proc on CC. This would already be a good start, ain't it?

How would that work? Put Fear on anyone that you cc instead of the normal cc? Would be bad since as warrior you generally want to hold your enemies in place to smack them in the balls, not running around like chickens

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

What about stability? People usually complain that there is too much stability/stunbreaks, this pulsing fear could actually help with that. Enemies that have stability (thus fear nullified) would still get weakness. I also wrote those numbers as example (and I meant 8 seconds for PvE as I mentioned PvP/WvW in the next sentence). Obviously, the special buff would have melee range (130 or 240).It would be too much, a single skill shouldn't drain all your counter play resources.4 stunbreaks or 4 stability stacks is pretty bad.

In PvP/WvW, It would be (with mentioned numbers) 6 seconds of fear and weakness every 30 seconds IF enemy decides not to kite and try to melee you when you have that special "fear me" buff. The skill would proc fear+weakness on skill activation, after 2 seconds and then once again right before the special buff ends.Alternatively, the special buff could apply fear and weakness when struck.Etc. Just ideas.

@cryorion.9532 said:

In PvP/WvW, It would be (with mentioned numbers) 6 seconds of fear and weakness every 30 seconds IF enemy decides not to kite and try to melee you when you have that special "fear me" buff. The skill would proc fear+weakness on skill activation, after 2 seconds and then once again right before the special buff ends.Alternatively, the special buff could apply fear and weakness when struck.Etc. Just ideas.

Again, the weakness on a feared enemy is rly not having much synergy, since weakness is a dmg reducing debuff, and fear wont allow them to atack anyways, this would only be good if the enemy had stability which ideally you would strip before you activate the skill anyways

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Or, you just include fear into the warriors traits that proc on CC. This would already be a good start, ain't it?

How would that work? Put Fear on anyone that you cc instead of the normal cc? Would be bad since as warrior you generally want to hold your enemies in place to smack them in the balls, not running around like chickens

Nope that's not what I mean. What I mean is that warrior traits that proc on CC should also proc on fear. Which would allow the skill to proc more effects than fear alone.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Nope that's not what I mean. What I mean is that warrior traits that proc on CC should also proc on fear. Which would allow the skill to proc more effects than fear alone.

Oh okey. Gotcha. Might make it more interesting, but there arent rly alot that i would want to take, like who takes body blows when you can get forceful gs?

@RedShark.9548 said:

Again, the weakness on a feared enemy is rly not having much synergy, since weakness is a dmg reducing debuff, and fear wont allow them to atack anyways, this would only be good if the enemy had stability which ideally you would strip before you activate the skill anyways

Weakness also reduces endurance regeneration and the point is so punish people who pressure too much and don't pay attention to enemy. You can still nullify Fear Me effects with resistance.The condition synergy is not that important in this case. If target has stability, you can still get something out of used skill. Even if someone is feared and weakened, you get more use of Cull the Weak trait now. Reworked Fear Me! skill could be interesting choice for rifle builds (or completely useless against ranged enemies with better utility).The counterplay is simple. Reading telegraph, not attacking in melee range, using resistance, stability and using condition clears/stunbreaks.

Archived