Revenant | GUIDE | Tips & Tricks + Build (WvW)

yay.2856

So on the subject of build, this is the one I use:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlEQNAscmnbbkonEpqk5qEKrEYsklNFqNAHYB2DMhPk9Lp5NA-j1CFQBKUZASUaAgHAQ72fAhKx8jSwFcIAKk6PC4EAUtjAQa0HEAIB4mZzsZbGwNbz2sNbz2MXnOjOjRdU3MSBUukN-w

100.0% Critical Chance with FurySlightly less armor, slightly more health and Ferocity than yoursMore Concentration

I'm not a master build crafter but, but the 100.0% crit chance is appealing to my eyes and almost 40% even Boon Duration is also nice.

Good video though! I've been subscribed to you for quite some time and always enjoy your content (: The more Revenants in the world the better.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Good video though! I've been subscribed to you for quite some time and always enjoy your content (: The more Revenants in the world the better.

The build is ok! only thing . i tryed 40% boon duration too but 32-35% is totaly ok here. The ferocity is fine - over 200% is always good :Drune is also okay (condi clean on elite is epic but the 45sec cd isnt XD). AND i would never use "sigil of fire" -> you have air already so its not important. take sth which helps you like "generosity" or "leeching" , "absorbtion" , "agility" , "hydromancy" …

Thank your very much :) im glad to hear !

@Nicolo.2418 said:

@ethanzephyr.7298 said:Quality guide, maybe I'll see less backline hammer revs and more frontline/roamers now. Pretty interesting build too, might try it out out sometime!

Thanks ! And yes would be cool to see more revenant roamer :)

I switched to my power rev for roaming a month ago because i wanted a change from my Holo/Spellbreaker. I love the rev playstyle. Sure its hard to fight condi mirages but thats normal. I knew most of the stuff in the guide and it is very useful for new players.

Can't remember if you put it in the video but learning how to about face (with free camera) and use riposting shadows to move forward is very useful for positioning. Every rev needs to practice that.

@Belishine.7493 said:wow i have been waiting for something like this for rev for some time. now i know what i need to do to get my skill up with rev now ty. i wonder if i use a zerker set if this will make me hated by most players?sure the video is not about all the stuff you can do with revenant (maybe i do a full guide if ppl want) but you can perfectly build on it. In my eyes its more important to let the individual player build on basics and combos to progress there own playstyle, instead of saying them what to do 100% in detail. So if you wanna play a zerker set you can do it. But there are reasons why i play with with higher armor.

Can't remember if you put it in the video but learning how to about face (with free camera) and use riposting shadows to move forward is very useful for positioning. Every rev needs to practice that.

About face is cool, i use it sometimes too. But if i kite and dodge with riposting shadows i mostly turn the camera not only cauz its way faster if your not trained in about face, but also cause i watch my enemy again in this second -> ( what hes doing ; how far away is he ; are there other ppl following me ; where there are and where i need to go ; is there any difference between the situation 5 sec before and now ?). I know a sec is not much but is enough time to think about all this questions again. Sounds difficult, but its just a little security check.

I see now, revenant is like playing a game of mortal combat, rather than powerful skill, i have to make good combos to play it well.

My major problem, as a beginer in pvp with this class is that im very vulnerable to cc's, this spec doesnt have any source of stability and there are some fights where i get focused and cc'ed to death.

that is were you are rong my friend you see Conqueror your f1 skill when used will give you stability this a huge change from the way it was befor were it would give you a full round of regen, furry, might, swiftness, and protection. but in all it is only a 3 second stability so i can see it as almost haveing nothing but dont forget dworf too becosue the road you make can give stability. i do hop this helps you see were some of it is now but i can see why it gets missed.

Man, I used to bait CR all the time as a habit from sPvP... Until I realized that in wvw roaming the caliber of player is just so much lower these days that, if you just like cast it, around 80%+ of the people out there will eat it in the face letting you insta kill them, so I kinda stopped even trying to bait dodges with it, unless I know the person is good ahead of time.

@Conqueror.3682 said:My major problem, as a beginer in pvp with this class is that im very vulnerable to cc's, this spec doesnt have any source of stability and there are some fights where i get focused and cc'ed to death.

Yes and no. Assuming you are playing the meta Glint/Shiro build, you do have high access to stunbreaks, it just depends on how you manage your energy in Shiro. Your stunbreaks:-Legend-swapping: usable every 10s-Riposting Shadows: spammable when in Shiro as long as you have the energy-Gaze of Darkness: usable every 20s

Although you don't have access to Stability through the meta build, the evasiveness of Shiro and the frequent potential for stunbreaks should help alleviate that.

That said, Rev is one of the harder classes to learn, so be patient with yourself.

@Conqueror.3682 said:I see now, revenant is like playing a game of mortal combat, rather than powerful skill, i have to make good combos to play it well.

My major problem, as a beginer in pvp with this class is that im very vulnerable to cc's, this spec doesnt have any source of stability and there are some fights where i get focused and cc'ed to death.

As Pterikdactyl.7630 already said, play the „normal“ herald / shiro roaming or pvp build. Ofc you dont have stability or invul or a safe heal or much condi clean.. that makes you weak. But your not a pointholder!! Make sure to rotate as fast and good as possible to +1 sides and win mid. Play like a thief - go in deal dmg if you get focused just kite (kitingspots are all over the map). If you try to focus the target and go deep 24/7 you will die for sure.

@narcx.3570 said:Man, I used to bait CR all the time as a habit from sPvP... Until I realized that in wvw roaming the caliber of player is just so much lower these days that, if you just like cast it, around 80%+ of the people out there will eat it in the face letting you insta kill them, so I kinda stopped even trying to bait dodges with it, unless I know the person is good ahead of time.

Well sure there are a lot unexperienced player in World vs World and not all baits are usefull in all situations. But especially in outnumbered (againt lower experienced player too) its good if you do it. Someting i do very often in outnumbered fights where a thief is involed, is that i cast shiro elite and stow while hes in stealth or waiting to jump me. Shiro elite has an long casttime in which you can rupt ofc. So 80% of the thiefs try to steal in it. Cast -> stow -> dodge -> counterspike -> dead enemy.Thats only 1 example!! In my experience its more easy to win fights 1v2+ without going low HP if you use baits. But its essential if you fights against good ppl

@Nicolo.2418 said:

@narcx.3570 said:Man, I used to bait CR all the time as a habit from sPvP... Until I realized that in wvw roaming the caliber of player is just so much lower these days that, if you just like cast it, around 80%+ of the people out there will eat it in the face letting you insta kill them, so I kinda stopped even trying to bait dodges with it, unless I know the person is good ahead of time.

Well sure there are a lot unexperienced player in World vs World and not all baits are usefull in all situations. But especially in outnumbered (againt lower experienced player too) its good if you do it. Someting i do very often in outnumbered fights where a thief is involed, is that i cast shiro elite and stow while hes in stealth or waiting to jump me. Shiro elite has an long casttime in which you can rupt ofc. So 80% of the thiefs try to steal in it. Cast -> stow -> dodge -> counterspike -> dead enemy.Thats only 1 example!! In my experience its more easy to win fights 1v2+ without going low HP if you use baits. But its essential if you fights against good ppl

My new favorite thing to do while 1v1'ing when the person has already used 1 dodge is to cast/stow Chaotic Release and then cast sword 4... The giant dragon animation masks the sw 4 cast animation, and if they dodge your fake CR, they come out of the dodge right as sw4 goes off. And if they don't get baited and dodge your sw 4, you can just cast CR again, and it should go off before they've regained enough endurance to dodge again. It's pretty cheese master, cuz then you can swap to Shiro and PT+IO+one shot them during the kb.

Archived