Missing / Checkboard character or NPC textures [Merged]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before coming here and seeing that the problem was fairly wide spread, I figured there was an error in my GW2 file, so I ran it with the "-repair" argument in the target line of my desktop shortcut. After running repair I went back into the story and the next episode was with Zojja. Here she is:

50934441_10155886467901781_7968232604115

Me:Asura, Female, RevenantWhere/When:Cut scene in "Taking Credit Back" story.Problem:Zojja is a checkerboard.When:30 January 2019, 21:41 Eastern Time

While I'm disappointed to see the characters messed up, I'm relieved to see I am not the only one with the problem and that you are working to address it.

Also, it's not just in cut scenes. This is a giant ooze in Metrica Province, right at the POI called "PR&T Esoterics". It's part of a dynamic event that you can see titled in the picture. It is a persistent bug, as it happened in the same event twice today, both before and after I ran "-repair".

50872894_10155886513801781_5256517852604

Me:Asura, Female, RevenantWhere/When:Dynamic Event "Break the ooze projection..."Problem:Ooze is a transparent checkerboard.When:30 January 2019, 22:48 Eastern Time

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hi,

We really appreciate reports about art issues, but would like to ask that they be posted in this announced/sticky thread, following the instructions in the initial post. That will allow us to get to the bugs and to have the information to make meaningful fixes, when needed. Thanks!

Hi Gaile.Thanks for re-linking the Character issue thread. But, for shame of off-posting, there’s many on the first page of that discussion , let alone the rest of it, that still haven’t been fixed, one being one of the newer Charr faces and many helm skins not fixing correctly onto the face, more notably all Gemstore items don’t fit correctly on this particular face for Charr. This has been the case since atleast September 2017. I wouldn’t want to discourage people from reporting issues in the relevant stickies, but it seems many issues get forgotten in said stickies.

I'm having an issue when I'm watching a cinematic video with two characters talking to each other during stories one of the toons show up as white and black boxes... Attach is a link to the image. Please help...

What I've done:~ Update nVidia GFX drivers.~ Repair GW2 Game Client.

*Here is a link to the image showing the issue.https://ibb.co/ZTL5nwx

@"Countess.3267" said:Also, it's not just in cut scenes. This is a giant ooze in Metrica Province, right at the POI called "PR&T Esoterics". It's part of a dynamic event that you can see titled in the picture. It is a persistent bug, as it happened in the same event twice today, both before and after I ran "-repair".

Me:Asura, Female, RevenantWhere/When:Dynamic Event "Break the ooze projection..."Problem:Ooze is a transparent checkerboard.When:30 January 2019, 22:48 Eastern Time

That particular 'missing texture' has been there for years and years. Also shows up (or, well, the texture doesn't) on the little oozes needed for the Renown Heart.

Can confirm I have also had the issue now in the Human Personal Story.

I was playing with a friend in his instances.. he did not have the bug but I did on the Apothacary and another NPC I forgot the name of.I also had the bug while doing Ascalon Catacombs the other day.. during path 3 after the players are turned into ghosts I noticed that when my Charr character used Reaper Shroud my avatar after returning back to a Charr had the same texture bug which only became evident after turning back into a ghost human and my charr avatar remained in the game for a few seconds like a clone with the same texture bug.

I'm wondering if elite specs may have something to do with this bug since every time I've seen it I've been playing a character using an elite spec.. meanwhile my friend in the same instance and cutscene did not have the bug and was playing only core proffession.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Countess.3267" said:Also, it's not just in cut scenes. This is a giant ooze in Metrica Province, right at the POI called "PR&T Esoterics". It's part of a dynamic event that you can see titled in the picture. It is a persistent bug, as it happened in the same event twice today, both before and after I ran "-repair".

That particular 'missing texture' has been there for years and years. Also shows up (or, well, the texture doesn't) on the little oozes needed for the Renown Heart.

Wait it's not supposed to look like that?I thought it was supposed to look like that XD

Come on now

Checkered textures is a clear sign that textures are missing or damaged. Its like the universal visual error message for that.Since repairing the game files doesnt fix the problem, it means that the textures are broken/missing/damaged on the servers side.

Anet, you need to go through each cutscene texture and confirm that its not broken on your end

GW2 is a game about story, and when the story is this borked and goofy looking, it sorta ruins the experience. Please fix it asap.

Archived