The problem with dragonbash

Ayakaru.6583

To fall with the door into the house, as poorly said in dunglish, dragonbash has issues.I’m not talking about the many bugs and glitches, but the faulty behavior of some people.And the faulty behavior doesn’t necesarily put the indivual at fault, as the current design approves of such behavior.

In thecurrent model, there is only and absolute win or lose.Participation or effort is unrewarded. Not 100%, but mostly.Only if you win 500 - ≤480 will your time and effort be rewarded.

As a result, many people go afk as soon as winning is no longer a guaranteed outcome.And they can, and will, because unlike pvp, you cannot report people for afk’ing or throwing matches.

So, not to just rant, but also to provide solutions, i recommend the following:Repeatable achievements and a currency based on score.Repeatable achievement, will include: kills, pickups used, assisted ‘kills’.Score will be based on a few things:

[win=15/lose=4]+[1 x kills]+[10-1 x deathlistposition]So, if you win, had 8 kills, and 2 people died less often than you did15+8+(10-2) = 31 festival points.

These festival points can then be used to buy acountbound envelopes, some fireworks or foods, or even GH decorations for next year.

In turn, one thing that needs to be punished, is AFK’ing. Right now, afk’ing punishment is so lenient, its almost greenlit by anet. In order to fight this, it needs to become reportable. The timer should go down hard. 15 seconds is already a lot of time in an action based minigame. The 15 seconds will start counting once you’ve been kicked out of the base.If you’ve been kicked three times, you can’t rejoin for 30 minutes.If you’re kicked again twice after that 30 minute block, you’re blockef until daily reset.

I will assume you're talking about Dragon Ball the game one can play and not Dragonbash, a festival similar to Lunar New Year but was hosted in old LA and focused primarily around the Elder Dragons. With this assumption, I will say that we might just hav'ta deal with AFKers (Lunatoc Inquistion was also lenient in the AFK department, where if the first ghost was AFK.... then well :/ Same with Snowball Mayhem, if some of your team members go AFK....).

My point? Hope the AFKers are on the other team for free kills! Other than that, I do think Dragon Ball's rewards need to be amplified. Even the other festival mini-games had better rewards, I'd think.

Something about this mini game that always bugs me: when one side has 2 more people than the other, a notification saying that team is too big shows up with a button to volunteer to switch sides. The button has a picture of a chest and I believe there's some text saying a volunteer would be rewarded but clicking the button does not actually give any reward, so in the end it just means someone is going to get shoved onto the disadvantaged team, likely by RNG. That pretty much ensures a lousy experience with this mini game if it's not full of participants.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Something about this mini game that always bugs me: when one side has 2 more people than the other, a notification saying that team is too big shows up with a button to volunteer to switch sides. The button has a picture of a chest and I believe there's some text saying a volunteer would be rewarded but clicking the button does not actually give any reward, so in the end it just means someone is going to get shoved onto the disadvantaged team, likely by RNG. That pretty much ensures a lousy experience with this mini game if it's not full of participants.

If the volunteer works like pvp used to and you click it you get swapped to the other team but win or lose you are credited with a win. If you ignore it you can get randomly selected to the losing team and will get a loss if that team loses

And what I'm saying is, it doesn't work that way with this. It's just a switch, no win credited if you click the button.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Something about this mini game that always bugs me: when one side has 2 more people than the other, a notification saying that team is too big shows up with a button to volunteer to switch sides. The button has a picture of a chest and I believe there's some text saying a volunteer would be rewarded but clicking the button does not actually give any reward, so in the end it just means someone is going to get shoved onto the disadvantaged team, likely by RNG. That pretty much ensures a lousy experience with this mini game if it's not full of participants.

If the volunteer works like pvp used to and you click it you get swapped to the other team but win or lose you are credited with a win. If you ignore it you can get randomly selected to the losing team and will get a loss if that team loses

I don't think it has ever worked like that for the festival stuff.

@lokh.2695 said:So you're asking for a participation trophy? Well we have that in PvP and it didn't help with ppl going afk 30s into the match.

no, not for a participation trophyTHE EXACT OPPOSITEan effort trophy, and a passive-participation punishment.more rewards for actively playingmore punishment for throwing matches and afk'ing

Going afk is one thing, but there are people who actively feed points to the enemy team once they're behind in order to finish the round quicker. Giving the loosing team something wouldn't change this kind of behavior. If anything, it would increase number of people who try to finish a loosing game quickly.

What this festival (and many others) needs, is a reward based on a player's individual performance. Only a reward based on individual performance can ensure that most players play earnestly. The problem is that each player's individual performance is hard to ratify in a team based game. The focus of the game would shift from winning to accumulating points, which would be detrimental to the game.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Going afk is one thing, but there are people who actively feed points to the enemy team once they're behind in order to finish the round quicker. Giving the loosing team something wouldn't change this kind of behavior. If anything, it would increase number of people who try to finish a loosing game quickly.

What this festival (and many others) needs, is a reward based on a player's individual performance. Only a reward based on individual performance can ensure that most players play earnestly. The problem is that each player's individual performance is hard to ratify in a team based game. The focus of the game would shift from winning to accumulating points, which would be detrimental to the game.

So if everyone is striving to get as much points as possible that somehow make them not win, I fail to see the logic there.Since the point of this team based game is to score close to or on the dot amount points first

@Linken.6345 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Going afk is one thing, but there are people who actively feed points to the enemy team once they're behind in order to finish the round quicker. Giving the loosing team something wouldn't change this kind of behavior. If anything, it would increase number of people who try to finish a loosing game quickly.

So if everyone is striving to get as much points as possible that somehow make them not win, I fail to see the logic there.Since the point of this team based game is to score close to or on the dot amount points first

It might make people hit as many opponents as possible instead of finishing the injured ones first. Though I admit that for Dragon Ball the player score is a pretty good indication for each player's performance. However this is not true for every festival. Best example: Toypocalypse. If you have a high score in there, you probably didn't spend much time building defenses.

Archived