Something about tempest overloads.

Nup.4591

Overload fire! Become a flaming tornado and scorch everything in your path!Overload water! Engulf yourself into a bubble of healing water and float accross the battlefield to heal your allies!Overload earth! Command the earth beneed your feet and ride the rocks crippling anyone in your path!Overload air! Hold your hand up and zap things..

Where am I getting at? Well Overload air is one the most used and powerful of the four overloads due to how the air traitline works with fresh air. Sadly, overload air has the least impressive animation of them all. The other element overloads give a super cool animation where you move over the terrain, (fire tornado, bubble, rocksurfing), but in air you just raise your hand and run while zapping things.

Is this a problem? noDoes it need to be changed? not reallyThen why start this discussion? I just wish it was a bit cooler. I don't expect things to happen and I rather have the devs work on more important things anyway, but it is something I felt needed to be said. <3

Have a great day everyone! :D

Yes, surely more of the flashy sfx effects that cover everything else is exactly what we need [/sarcasm]But more seriously - i might even agree with you in principle, but the game needs to consider what happens if more than one player starts unloading effects like that in the same spot. And as long as there is no general solution (like an option to disable/tone down seeing sfx from other players), more big flashy effects are probably not a good idea.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Overload Fire and Overload Earth can be very powerful if paired with decent condition damage + duration.

But is tempest overall viable if condition specced? I was looking over traits and skills some time ago, and I decided to go for power instead.

At least with dual daggers, which is my absolute favourite weapon set for elementalists. :)

(ps: not interested in going hybrid power/ condition, not even sure that's possible when I also want to spec for healing)

The thing is that the other overloads have cool animations. A bit like the traveling toys but even cooler. But with air you just walk with your hand in the air. The lightning strikes look cool though.

I also get the point about visual noise, I haven't thought about that, but I think that it would be okay. The other skills look fancy too so why not this one?

Archived