Mounts before guild support

Ruufio.1496

@Teratus.2859 said:Haven't they already confirmed they will be improving how Guilds work in WvW with alliances etc when the big Revamp drops..

Yes. Which was announced over 1 year ago. And the most recent ‘update’ was that they aren’t ready to discuss more and it’s still a long ways away.

Many view this change as a continued delay to what they actually want which is a substantive change to actual gameplay/balance.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Haven't they already confirmed they will be improving how Guilds work in WvW with alliances etc when the big Revamp drops..

Yes. Which was announced over 1 year ago. And the most recent ‘update’ was that they aren’t ready to discuss more and it’s still a long ways away.

Many view this change as a continued delay to what they actually want which is a substantive change to actual gameplay/balance.

Yeah.. we all knew the revamp was going to take a long time though, Anet announced it while making that very clear.I doubt this mount is really any sort of delay for that.. it may just be one of the few features planned for it that is in a completed state and they've decided to release it early to see how it works out..Who can say really but Anet.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Yeah.. we all knew the revamp was going to take a long time though, Anet announced it while making that very clear.
I doubt this mount is really any sort of delay for that
.. it may just be one of the few features planned for it that is in a completed state and they've decided to release it early to see how it works out..Who can say really but Anet.

I agree that it isn’t a delay as I think a two year implementation was the most likely regardless. (Based on similar game type releases)

That being said, it was likely to be one of the most unpopular decisions since the original implementation of the desert BL (which was beta tested and noted to have multiple flaws which were changed over 1 year after implementation).

Also, the introduction of gliding was a significant cluster for months before they actually implemented fixes which allowed for access into towers and keeps without actually taking down walls despite multiple reports of issues.

And there-in lies the concern of people who call WvW home: WHEN problems exist, WILL it be addressed timely. The overwhelming belief is that it will not.

(Research ghost thief in the WvW forums and what effected a change? The solo’ing of a raid boss....,)

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Yeah.. we all knew the revamp was going to take a long time though, Anet announced it while making that very clear.
.. it may just be one of the few features planned for it that is in a completed state and they've decided to release it early to see how it works out..Who can say really but Anet.

I agree that it isn’t a delay as I think a two year implementation was the most likely regardless. (Based on similar game type releases)

That being said, it was likely to be one of the most unpopular decisions since the original implementation of the desert BL (which was beta tested and noted to have multiple flaws which were changed over 1 year after implementation).

Also, the introduction of gliding was a significant cluster for months before they actually implemented fixes which allowed for access into towers and keeps without actually taking down walls despite multiple reports of issues.

And there-in lies the concern of people who call WvW home: WHEN problems exist, WILL it be addressed timely. The overwhelming belief is that it will not.

(Research ghost thief in the WvW forums and what effected a change? The solo’ing of a raid boss....,)

Oh there will no doubt be fixes and balancing issues at the start.. that's pretty much a guarantee in Gw2 lolThat could also be why they want to release this now rather than save it for the revamp.. so they can get those problems identified and fixed in advance.That's just speculation on my part though.. while I enjoy speculating and all, nobody can give us the juicy details aside from Anet.

I agree there's valid reason for peoples concerns and all but there's always going to be those who go a little overboard with the doom and gloom lol

Personally I see this mount having both pros and cons like just about everything does.. but as someone who's always found WvW boring and tedious thanks largely in part to the large maps and lack of mobility I can see the benefits of a mount in this game mode.I do agree though that if it's poorly implemented it'll cause a lot of silly problems as well but without more information on how the mount works we just can't know that yet.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Oh there will no doubt be fixes and balancing issues at the start.. that's pretty much a guarantee in Gw2 lolThat could also be why they want to release this now rather than save it for the revamp.. so they can get those problems identified and fixed in advance.That's just speculation on my part though.. while I enjoy speculating and all, nobody can give us the juicy details aside from Anet.

I agree there's valid reason for peoples concerns and all but there's always going to be those who go a little overboard with the doom and gloom lol

Personally I see this mount having both pros and cons like just about everything does.. but as someone who's always found WvW boring and tedious thanks largely in part to the large maps and lack of mobility I can see the benefits of a mount in this game mode.I do agree though that if it's poorly implemented it'll cause a lot of silly problems as well but without more information on how the mount works we just can't know that yet.

The problem is in WvW there won’t be fixes at the start. There never is with ‘major’ implementations in WvW. Historically it has taken months to fix WvW issues.

Archived