Hairs for other races in POF?

MetalGirl.2370

While I doubt we'll get anything close to the numbers the humans got for PoF for the other races, I do hope that they at least have a few in store for the other races. Face and hair styles have been getting added at an increasingly slow rate as the game has progressed. I remember a time when we'd get new customization stuff every 3 months, now we're lucky to get one set a year it seems (the only thing we get more frequently than that is hair / eye colors, which are pretty boring additions IMO). There's probably a reason for it, likely it doesn't make as much money as other areas they can use their art team development time on, but its still pretty disappointing nonetheless.

We are certainly going to get new cosmetic updates for the other races, but I'm hoping it's to some extent as far as detail goes that the human races had gotten. I'd be okay too with just getting 1 update per race such as; 6 hairs/faces for charr in one update and the next 6 faces/hairs for sylvari, then after that 6 faces/hair for asura and so on. I just don't want the same hairs on norns and humans. I'd like more cultural based hairstyles along with tattoos for norns and more horns for charr.

Yeah, I think they will otherwise it will be blatantly biased on their part. But they have disappointed me time and time again- but I do actually think they will come out with decent enough ideas for cosmetics when dealing with the other races. And if we ever go to the parts of Cantha that aren't sunk- then we will get Asian aesthetics I imagine as well.

@SnowHawk.3615 said:Yeah, I think they will otherwise it will be blatantly biased on their part. But they have disappointed me time and time again- but I do actually think they will come out with decent enough ideas for cosmetics when dealing with the other races. And if we ever go to the parts of Cantha that aren't sunk- then we will get Asian aesthetics I imagine as well.

I'm not so sure I'd go so far as to cry "bias" even if it doesn't happen. They kind of needed to add those new faces and hairstyles to the game to make the NPCs look fitting given the area and ethnicity we're going delving into in PoF. The players getting access to those as well was just a logical best use of assets they had to create otherwise. Not a concerted effort to cater to one particular race within the game.

Problem is that core faces and hair are insanely poor quality now in 2017. Compare the afro hairstyle of the human female and the asura's one... Same goes for faces... We realy need some more polygons then. Not a revamp. A slight polygon/texture buff. Please anet :( I know it doesn't make money but it would be so cool.

I can only speak for Charr as I main them.IMO we need:More faces! Less doggy ones and more slender ones for male charr (morph feline features with bear, deer, or goat, features when creating a charr face)! And, for male charr, give them at least a few options where the canines are visible in a similar was as they are in female charr, a sabre-tooth tiger style (not just "teeth-in all directions" or "not visible-at-all") .

More Hairstyles/manes! Less goofy ones for male. Make them smaller (for male), and mone fine-textured (similer to the latest addition for humans). Do braids, (less thick) dreads and styles that doesnt clip with faces, ears and horns! And for onnaments (if any) - not just scrap metal or bones. Even charr could wear feathers or similer stuff i their hair.

Ands last but not least!New HORNS! Deer inspired horns (antlers), Ram inspired, curled horns and Gazelle inspired twisted horns! Ppl have asked for these three types of designes for ages (including me) and posted lots of inspiering and amazing pictures.

Also a new fur pattern inspired by the Oryx would be so cool. Juts because charr are feline-based creatures doesnt mean all their furr-patterns have to be inspired by feline furrs only.

I have been missing this at least from the first expansion (it actually got me very disapointed that there were no single addition AT ALL to character creation with HoT)!!!If I got this I'd buy SO many makeoverkits!!!

And THANK YOU A-Net for the new search-able forums!!!

Yeah, the quality difference is huge. Look at some of the original sylvari faces/hair, too -- they look like cheap, crudely textured plastic (like about half of their cultural gear, sadly).

I do think it must be said that the new human options were absolutely necessary, though. Not just because of PoF, but also because the issues with human PoC characters have been rightly criticized from launch and it was well past time that it was at least partially addressed. It was simply BS that you could put afros and dreads on pretty much every other type of character including charr and asura but not human women. This is about real people, unlike the other, purely fictional species in the game.

They do also need to address the heavy human bias in their cosmetic content. No question. Otherwise it's just a spiral of "more people play humans because they get the most and best options in terms of hair/faces/armor/weapons --> humans get even more content because they're popular --> even more people play humans".

Hi, I made similiar thread few days ago when we had old forums, though it was only about new hairstyles not faces, and I'm glad that more people want NEW hairstyles for EVERY RACE.So in order of importance:

1). The most important thing here ArenaNet is that it will only be FAIR to all players of Guild Wars 2 to add with Path of Fire new hairstyles for EVERY race and gender since you have already added new hairstyles for humans, and like I wrote before, I know that PoF expac is mostly around human race and I respect it, but in general there are more players that play all other races than players who ONLY play human characters, so ArenaNet please be fair and treat all players equally. I also mentioned before that I don't expect them to add as many new hairstyles for every race as they have added for humans (although it would be the most honest way), but in my opinion EVERY race should get AT LEAST 3 new hairstyles (like they used to give us new hairstyles every 6+ months). These reasons should be enough for ArenaNet to deliver us some new hairstyles for each race.

2). Path of Fire is an Expansion, and with it we should receive not only new things like elite specs and mounts (both look awesome) but we should be able to customize our characters even more in a specific theme of a certain expac. I mentioned before that I was extremely disappointed when I found out that Heart of Thorns expac gave us NO new hairstyles, and something that big as an expansion is a perfect opportunity for ArenaNet to give us some more customization options, cmon ArenaNet >:)

3). I know that ArenaNet is adding new hairstyles every 6-8 months, and now it has been MUCH longer time since they have added new hairstyles for EVERY race (actually last time they added new hairstyles was in July of 2016), so again, with the new expac it is a great opportunity for ArenaNet to release new hairstyles and return to the idea of giving us new hairstyles every 6 months.

4). Adding new hairstyles is not only awesome when it comes to releasing new expansions and content but is a great way for ArenaNet to earn some money, because I am sure alot of people will buy some gems to get some extra customization options.

5). Lastly, the new hairstyles are friggin GREAT addition overall ArenaNet! >:)

Please ArenaNet give us some awesome new hairstyles for EVERY race and gender! Cheers! :)(One more thing, please let us dye hair accessory with EVERY color we have unlocked on our accounts) >:)

@Frostfang.5109 said:I can only speak for Charr as I main them.IMO we need:More faces! Less doggy ones and more slender ones for male charr (morph feline features with bear, deer, or goat, features when creating a charr face)! And, for male charr, give them at least a few options where the canines are visible in a similar was as they are in female charr, a sabre-tooth tiger style (not just "teeth-in all directions" or "not visible-at-all") .

More Hairstyles/manes! Less goofy ones for male. Make them smaller (for male), and mone fine-textured (similer to the latest addition for humans). Do braids, (less thick) dreads and styles that doesnt clip with faces, ears and horns! And for onnaments (if any) - not just scrap metal or bones. Even charr could wear feathers or similer stuff i their hair.

Ands last but not least!New HORNS! Deer inspired horns (antlers), Ram inspired, curled horns and Gazelle inspired twisted horns! Ppl have asked for these three types of designes for ages (including me) and posted lots of inspiering and amazing pictures.

Also a new fur pattern inspired by the Oryx would be so cool. Juts because charr are feline-based creatures doesnt mean all their furr-patterns have to be inspired by feline furrs only.

I have been missing this at least from the first expansion (it actually got me very disapointed that there were no single addition AT ALL to character creation with HoT)!!!If I got this I'd buy SO many makeoverkits!!!

And THANK YOU A-Net for the new search-able forums!!!

Would definitely love the male chars having options other than a GOD DANG DENTAL DISASTER.

Yeah, so many male charr look absolutely horrible because the shrapnel explosion in their deformed mouths should logically maim them with every word and breath. Many of them also look permanently constipated because "GRR I'M SO MEAN AND DANGEROUS!" is the male equivalent of "Tee hee, I'm so cutesy and sexy" that many female faces and armor skins are cursed with.

My favourite charr faces by far are the lion- and especially the tiger-inspired ones for females.

Archived