I would love a way to dismiss minions.

Saimeren.4952

TLDR: Give me an ability that deals 0 damage, but lets me blow up/dismiss my pets all at once while in combat. This way I can dismiss them if I get dismounted and just want to run through an area, and not have to worry about them constantly aggroing new mobs, or trying to fight everything I run passed.

Hey, not sure if there is an option for this or not, but I haven't found it if there is one. I would love a way to just murder all my minions while in combat. So far we can only actively kill 3 of them. The healing tentacle-jaw dude, the two little skull rats, and the worm.

When I'm running through an area, and either my mount dies, or I simply enter combat with something and I just don't have the time or will to deal with the mobs, I just want to get away and re-mount and move on. The problem is that I have to be a significant distance away from my pets before they'll start running back to me. If I aggro more mobs, they will then attack the mobs closer to me, and start the cycle all over again.

I wish we had a button (profession action #2 perhaps? Put it right next to the shroud ability) that will let us explode all of our active pets simultaneously dealing 0 damage and staring their cool downs. This way when I aggro something I can simply dismiss all my pets and be on my way and not have to worry about them trying to fight everything in sight. Likewise some times I find that my pets will run off after fighting a group of mobs, and go aggro a mob that wasn't in the fight. Well now I have to deal with that mob and it's friends before I can go on with my life. If I saw them running off in another direction I could just nuke them and stop it before it starts.

Just a simple extra action button would go a long way to improving the quality of life of the class.

Ps. This way you could also easily dismiss them quickly if you just don't want them out, like during story missions, and running around the city Ect.. Yes you can select new spells and replace the pet skill which dismisses the pet, but to do with with all of them every time you want to dismiss them is time consuming and unnecessary.

I second that.

As a first month within the game player I can't understand how such a simple solution have been missed by devs.Sometimes they are really annoying when aggroing everywithing within their range or just crossing themselves with every objects.

Stance mode for minions would come in handy, switching between defensive and aggresive.

Maybe even formation mode to switch between standing in front of us, beside or behind.

We could also use a way with clicking on minion's portrait and with RMB choosing an option Unsummon. It would help with many situations, for example simple wandering or taking shots in game (screenshots).

Someone on the forums suggested using a Spicy Pumpkin Cookie a long time ago. So I've been using it ever since. It 100% transforms you therefore killing off your minions. Since these are really cheap at 13c, I keep a stack in my inventory. Also, not too bad to use in PvE, 30% magic find, and 15% exp on kills.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spicy_Pumpkin_Cookie

Would be kinda cool to have a minion sacrifice F2.. maybe F3 too.

F2 makes all minions run to your targeted enemy and explodeF3 makes all minions explode where they are dealing no damage but healing the Minion Master and leaving stacking lesser blood fields where they died for allies.

Would certainly make for more interesting Minion Master capabilities.. wouldn't mind if there was even an elite spec designed around this which added a few new undead minions as well.. like Skeletons Wraiths and Ghouls.

• 3 weeks later...

@"LeDomello.4375" said:I second that.

As a first month within the game player I can't understand how such a simple solution have been missed by devs.Sometimes they are really annoying when aggroing everywithing within their range or just crossing themselves with every objects.

Stance mode for minions would come in handy, switching between defensive and aggresive.

Maybe even formation mode to switch between standing in front of us, beside or behind.

We could also use a way with clicking on minion's portrait and with RMB choosing an option Unsummon. It would help with many situations, for example simple wandering or taking shots in game (screenshots).

Very annoying. I was running a fractal today, and while trying to run past everything, my pets were keeping me in combat, and in turn, keeping me slow. All the while, the greatest commander in the history of GW2 is barking orders at me, "GET OVER HERE," "NOW," "up here," (three seconds later) "Klowdy here now." Some people. I've been gone for a few years, and though I started in 2013, I only got to T2 fractals, because I had so many other things occupying my time, so I'm not a master, but in the past month of daily runs, this was the first person to command me around like that.

The point is, if my pets wouldn't have been keeping me lagging behind, I may not have had to deal with this guy's obnoxious power trip. It would also be nice to have running around the OW, or to make them explode in LA.

I was doing a heart the other night which involved trapping crabs in crab cages. The idea was to aggro the crab and pull it to within range then activate the cage. Also these super crabs are immune to damage.

Anyway, I would engage the crab and make my way towards the crab cage, expecting it the follow me. Local minion (Shadow Fiend) would jump in, attack the crab and move towards it. So now my minion and the crab are in an everlasting battle where neither of them damaging is the other. Whilst I'm frustratingly sat at the crab cage looking for a way to either; set my minion on some sort of come hither mode or to dismiss it.

I did feel at the time that I was missing something, as I am a new player but it seems I wasn't and there needs some sort of dismiss update. I would image it's quite a simple thing to implement.

I have mixed feelings on this topic. Dismissing minions can be accomplished by jumping in the water with a different set of utilities, killing bone minions and flesh Wurm, or by slotting another skill.

The concept of double-tapping a minion skill to force a Death Nova would be very convenient but slow play caused an AI pet the player selected out of other viable options is something the player can fix, too.

@Anchoku.8142 said:I have mixed feelings on this topic. Dismissing minions can be accomplished by jumping in the water with a different set of utilities, killing bone minions and flesh Wurm, or by slotting another skill.

The concept of double-tapping a minion skill to force a Death Nova would be very convenient but slow play caused an AI pet the player selected out of other viable options is something the player can fix, too.

It's hard to find water (or get close to it) in pvp/fractals etc.You need to run as fight is lost, you minions keep you in battle, ranger can stove per, other classes can stow weapons, walk away and run. Necro doesn't have that mobility.You can't change skills being in combat, you can use transformations being in combat

Archived