QoL PvP

I'm here mostly for the PvP. So, I imagine I won't be here long because it doesn't seem like the devs give a toot. But, just in case you are listening, it is time to do something about these issues. I will also add a suggestion on how to fix cause it's not good to point out problems without some kind of solutions.

• 4 v 5 matches due to leaver or dc. sol: end the game if the player reaches the max dc time. these games are not competitive, and no one should earn or lose points.
  • afk players who do it for the TROLLIN. sol: if 4 players report the afk'er, give them 15 mins of dishonor. a second time in a day is 24 hour ban from pvp
  • no limit on match disparity of rank between players after a certain wait limit. sol: set the limit to a max no matter the wait.
  • close matches lose the same points in rank as blowouts. sol: sport teams are weighed on opponent rank and difficulty and performance, no more minus 17 and plus 2 for 500-499 and 500-10
  • decay rate and beginning is fine, but earning it back is overtuned. sol: lower the ability to remove decay to 50 points per game instead of 100.

Class swapping kind of sucks if you consider that the match maker put the games together a certain way. Some like it, some don't. I would say get rid of it, or if it to be kept deduct 3-5 rank points if a player does it as it can make unbalanced matches.

Why are these issues for me?

1. 4 v 5 matches are not competitive and a waste of time. if you waste my time, i'll stop playing your game, and thus, stop spending money on it.
  2. afk players are afk, they are there to troll and ruin everyone else's fun. i all but guarantee they don't spend any money on your game. if they continue to plague pvp, I'll leave and thus stop spending money on your game.
  3. huge rank disparity ruins the matches for top players and bottom players alike. neither will feel rewarded for their efforts. like MJ says "stop it, get yourself some help".
  4. earning back decay should have some risk, inactivity and LB camping doesn't make for a competitive game, but I'm a low rated player so it doesn't matter to me right? Wrong. Players trying to keep their rating don't play and that keeps q times longer. The more they play the less q times are, and it may fix some of the above problems.

There are others like me who made the choice to leave already. ...

Fix your competitive aspect.....

@Gundam Style.8495 said:

• 4 v 5 matches due to leaver or dc. sol: end the game if the player reaches the max dc time. these games are not competitive, and no one should earn or lose points.

I agree. I am experimenting regular disconnection (like 1 game out of 15 approx.) when loading a pvp map while waiting in the PVP lobby and trying to connect to the map as fast as possible after a dc never work. I have to wait until the game stop trying to connect me to the map to be able to connect again and appear in the PVP lobby. I have strong gaming ethic and knowing that I am wasting the time of other gamers is really annoying me. For those times, yes, I think that it will be better if the game gets canceled if all players do not connect or at least if the option is proposed to the concerned team.

Increase the size of the capture zones/points so they can not be covered by a single class' AOE. The current design favors big aoe damage. It's not fine, the way certain classes are going as opposed to others is really narrowing down viable choices.

Increase distance between the side nodes from the points. If certain side noders and decappers are meant to do those roles better than others, then make the map more advantage for them in that regard.

@Gundam Style.8495 said:I'm here mostly for the PvP. So, I imagine I won't be here long because it doesn't seem like the devs give a toot. But, just in case you are listening, it is time to do something about these issues. I will also add a suggestion on how to fix cause it's not good to point out problems without some kind of solutions.

• 4 v 5 matches due to leaver or dc. sol: end the game if the player reaches the max dc time. these games are not competitive, and no one should earn or lose points.Won't happen during the match due to how obvious this will be abused.

The better solution is to scrap the match within 2 minutes of the match (increase setup time to 2 minutes) and kick everyone back into queue with high priority.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Gundam Style.8495 said:I'm here mostly for the PvP. So, I imagine I won't be here long because it doesn't seem like the devs give a toot. But, just in case you are listening, it is time to do something about these issues. I will also add a suggestion on how to fix cause it's not good to point out problems without some kind of solutions.
  • 4 v 5 matches due to leaver or dc. sol: end the game if the player reaches the max dc time. these games are not competitive, and no one should earn or lose points.Won't happen during the match due to how obvious this will be abused.

The better solution is to scrap the match within 2 minutes of the match (increase setup time to 2 minutes) and kick everyone back into queue with high priority.

Increasing to 2 minute set up sounds like a good idea to me.

Everyone is all about arguing who gets to be rock and why paper is so strong except against scissors.

We need more posts that focus on the hands.

Archived