Returning player new character help

Thunderpants.4630

Hello all!Played a long time ago, back before HoT or PoF, I have an engineer that I just got to 80.The problem is that it's been such a long time since i played, i feel a sort of disconnect between me and my old engineer, and would like to start fresh, go through the content bit by bit, do the dungeons as soon as they become available, etc etc, so I can experience the story properly.

I enjoy the Asura holosmith, as it a lot simpler to play when compared to the core Engi.But would like to experience the game fresh again with a new character.

I like the idea/lore of a charr Revenant.Or possibly a Female Asuran Mesmer, but I've heard they can be quite a complex class to play. It is however the class/race combo I am leaning towards.

Humans seem boring, and hippy tree people? No thanks XD.

What else would you folks recommend for a returning player who wants to go for a fresh start?

Thanks.

Rev,guard,mesmers,necro's and engi are all really fun.dont go thief. It depends on what content u enjoy most as some classes are suited more for different content.ranger and necro are face roll easy for pve etc,guards are meta for suport in all game modes via fb and scourge rules zerg life in wvw. Mesmers ,guards and revs can be viable in all modes of ur looking for somthing to go anywhere with.

• I too would recommend a charr rev, completely new class, new playstyle, new experiences. Although the class seems lacking in some ways but it is really fun and by now rev able to perform multiple roles, supporter, semi-healer, power dpser, condi dpser (currently pretty good), soloing. Tho the capability are still behind pure supporter or healer like Firebrand, Druid, Chrono etc. but rev is playable and the community accepted it, no worries. Rev is good in WvW, OW content, stories, Raid, Dungeons, Fractals, not sure in PvP cuz i don't play it.

• Next would be mesmer, i ain't gonna lie mes is fun as hell, the learning part might a bit difficult. I placed this one second because after recently balance patch folks seems to be unhappy but that happen all the time, i played mirage in OW and it still OP as usual, not sure about Raids, Fractals or WvW tho.

• There is not much to say about necro and ranger tho they are undeniable at top in any solo content, but after 3 years of playing easy mode i tend to move forward and seek more challenging classes. They both doing well in fractals, raid if you ask. I'm still recommend necro/ranger to newbie but for veteran player the choice is your.

I would suggest a necro, or rev. The race is totally up to you, but human aren't as you see them. They take the normally elf role in fantasy games. They are an old race, that tries to be proper, and better than everyone else, with a "pristine" culture, ripe with corruption in the upper class.

@"Eros.6801" said:For open world mesmer i suggest you check out this thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30394/open-world-domination-mirage/p1 read from page 1 to 4 for any updates. If you can't afford Trailblazer just go with Rabid, best would be Viper.

For Raid and Fractal go https://metabattle.com/wiki/Mesmer and https://snowcrows.com/

Was looking for a core build, as I am levelling this character the old school way, no boosts, so that means no chronomancer until I get to HoT.No mirage until PoF, it will take a while, but I've always felt sort of disconnected from boost characters in mmo's.

@Thunderpants.4630 said:

@"Eros.6801" said:For open world mesmer i suggest you check out this thread
read from page 1 to 4 for any updates. If you can't afford Trailblazer just go with Rabid, best would be Viper.

For Raid and Fractal go
and

Was looking for a core build, as I am levelling this character the old school way, no boosts, so that means no chronomancer until I get to HoT.No mirage until PoF, it will take a while, but I've always felt sort of disconnected from boost characters in mmo's.

Same. I never boost anything I dont already have anymore, just to swap servers, or factions.

@Thunderpants.4630 said:Was looking for a core build, as I am levelling this character the old school way, no boosts, so that means no chronomancer until I get to HoT.No mirage until PoF, it will take a while, but I've always felt sort of disconnected from boost characters in mmo's.

if you fill out the hot maps enough, you'll have both specs Maxed before you can reach pof. :P

@Thunderpants.4630 said:Was looking for a core build, as I am levelling this character the old school way, no boosts, so that means no chronomancer until I get to HoT.No mirage until PoF, it will take a while, but I've always felt sort of disconnected from boost characters in mmo's.

if you fill out the hot maps enough, you'll have both specs Maxed before you can reach pof. :P

@Skotlex.7580 said:

Posted twice it was so good XD.If that's the case then that'll be fine.

@Thunderpants.4630 said:Hello all!Played a long time ago, back before HoT or PoF, I have an engineer that I just got to 80.The problem is that it's been such a long time since i played, i feel a sort of disconnect between me and my old engineer, and would like to start fresh, go through the content bit by bit, do the dungeons as soon as they become available, etc etc, so I can experience the story properly.

I enjoy the Asura holosmith, as it a lot simpler to play when compared to the core Engi.But would like to experience the game fresh again with a new character.

I like the idea/lore of a charr Revenant.Or possibly a Female Asuran Mesmer, but I've heard they can be quite a complex class to play. It is however the class/race combo I am leaning towards.

Humans seem boring, and hippy tree people? No thanks XD.

What else would you folks recommend for a returning player who wants to go for a fresh start?

Thanks.

I'm playing a female Charr rev right now and I'm loving it. The playstyle is great and her voice lines are the best in the game if you ask me. There is a lot to learn with Rev and it can do soooo much. High risk, high reward if you play it right. It relies on good positioning and well timed evades, blocks, and invulns to stay alive while dealing solid damage. It's limited in that you can't change out utility skills but how you combine legends completely changes the way you play it.

Archived