Projectile Reflect on Mass Invisibility

K THEN.5162

I've complained about this in the past and I will probably complain about it again, please can we just get rid of the projectile reflect on manipulation skills. While admittedly it has it's uses with blink when facing pew pew rangers or thieves, but the chaos trait is a huge double edged sword for Mass Invisibility. All it takes is one longbow auto to render this 72 second cooldown functionally useless. Traits are chosen to amplify a player's playstyle, not to completely screw it over. So can we just change the oh so wonderful projectile reflect into projectile destruction and call it a day?

@Amadeus.5687 said:How about... no? While i do agree they need to find a fix for it when it comes to mass invs. they should not fix it with a general nerf to the trait! traited manipulation skills are freaking amazing with blink and mirror heal

While I certainly can see its uses in skills such as blink, keep in mind that the mirror skill already has a built in reflect. That being said, the sol existence of this trait completely clashes and destroys the functionality of an elite skill. Perhaps there can be some compremize and have the utility skill not be treated as a manipulation

@K THEN.5162 said:

@Amadeus.5687 said:How about... no? While i do agree they need to find a fix for it when it comes to mass invs. they should not fix it with a general nerf to the trait! traited manipulation skills are freaking amazing with blink and mirror heal

While I certainly can see its uses in skills such as blink, keep in mind that the mirror skill already has a built in reflect. That being said, the sol existence of this trait completely clashes and destroys the functionality of an elite skill. Perhaps there can be some compremize and have the utility skill not be treated as a manipulation

Sure mirror gets a 2 sec reflect per standard, but traited you get another 2 sec as soon as you finish cast it :)I would prefer what @Curunen said about it just not revealing you

@Artyport.2084 said:yes plz.. most of the skills that take use of this totally make this pointless. protectiles pumping at you.. blink away.. projectiles coming at you.. disappear. like I don't get it.

The trait is called Master of Manipulation, so it lets you manipulate incoming projectiles. It is a good trait.I agree with @Curunen.8729 , they should just make it so reflecting projectiles while in stealth doesn't cause reveal. No need to change the trait.

@K THEN.5162 said:What if Mass Invisibility wasn't treated as a Manipulation skill

I don't know about others, but I've always felt that MI should've been made a glamour, not manipulation. I feel like it would match glamour skill category better and it would actually kinda benefit from glamour trait.

@Carighan.6758 said:

@K THEN.5162 said:What if Mass Invisibility wasn't treated as a Manipulation skill

What, you mean forcing every single skill into a category was a bad decision in hindsight? Who would have thought...

I know right! We should have more skills like Ether Feast that are strong independent utilities that don't need no category

Archived