this community is the worst.

Im been trying to do the cutting edge achievement but killing the Ley spark spider its just impossible, i'm been asking for a week for help to kill this thing, but no one can move a finger to help me, this is ridiculous, why getting this achievement behind the "good will" of other people, Im done, screw this thing is not worth the suffering.

I’m not sure where this is — perhaps not enough people on that map when you were playing? Or it was during a meta? I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a frustrating experience, but I do believe it the exception rather than the rule.

Have you tried building a relationship with people in a guild? Its appreciated when random people help out, but I never expect them to stop what they're doing just to help me. Sometimes I stop to help, sometimes I don't, depends on what I'm doing and the time I have to do it. Once you get in the trap of expecting something from others (people who don't know you), you're going to have a rough time of it.

You're much more likely to get help from friends you develop.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Cutting_Edge_(achievement)

But more specifically

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eerie_Zephyrite_Enigma

The easiest way to do this is when the bounty daily is on that map. You can also post on LFG and tag up. It’s a champion so you only need a few people. A mentor tag works just as well. Do this around prime time depending on which region you’re in.

Edit: These forums sure have annoying issues with URL’s that have parentheses

I've never encountered anything in this game that I was unable to do due to a lack of assistance from other players and I frequently wait years after release to complete some content. I'm curious as to why my experience varies so dramatically from the OP's. Especially for that cheeve. Holo is a popular spec across game modes atm and the cheeve rewards a basically free asc sword. Finally the event that's causing the problem is a Crystal Oasis bounty. Just wait for that to be daily and you don't even have to ask for help, just show up . . .

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

While I can understand that playing some parts of Guild Wars 2 can be hard at times, I want to close that thread by saying that the Guild Wars 2 community is far from being "the worst" (sic). In fact we think that it has qualities, as you can see from the replies you got here where players are offering to help. There are plenty of opportunities to get the help you need, from guilds to forums where you can ask for help in various places, such as the Players Helping Players subforum!

Thanks to all the players who stepped in :)