Swiss will change nothing — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Swiss will change nothing

... it will not change nothing, no matchmaking, no balance... just the top will face and have more or less fun like in mat ... wow what a huge step ..

Comments

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

They were talking about Swiss since at least October-November 2017.

Oh well.

(source) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/236517#Comment_236517

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sorta have to agree here....

I couldn't even care for team queue format at our own discretion again... Its been too long and for the most part due to not being able to grind shinies with guildies and friends Ive literally dumped PvP in the trash...

In other news.. the players I was wanting to PvP with in this game are now playing Teamfight Tactics with me hehe

Its not like PvP in this game needs it players, solo queue has sustained the game mode healthier than team queue if you were to ask Anet or solo players.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

Its too late now and itl be too late if and when it's actually implemented. Last night I played 3 games and all of them were 4v5. This game can't even fill teams of 5 on both sides in its pvp matches most of the times. Modes on its last leg.

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

This goes to show that pvp is an after thought for ANet. It’s a good change to put in but boy are they a day late and a dollar short.

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

Actually the mAT finale (possibly semis too) is planned to remain Bo1, so it will fix less than nothing. If anything it will pointlessly drag daily ATs out if it's introduced there too (I hope it won't). I will fix less than nothing, might actually end up being counterproductive.

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about mAT return and PvP content

• Elxdark.9702Elxdark.9702 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

and? do you think the people that are playing ats right now will stop playing? no
    The people playing gw2 pvp don't have anything else to do, because otherwise you would spend your time in a good game, in fact swiss will increase the population in ats even if it becomes extremely buggy (which I'm 100% sure it will) these people will keep spamming ats and playing monthlies because they literally can't stop playing a dead game.

at this point if anet decides to throw a rock in pvp people will play with it because there's ZERO content and terrible balance, swiss won't fix anything.
    The only thing that can save pvp right now is 2v2 arenas and implement it to ranked system with different rewards and stuff but they won't and you know why? because they don't care.

Trash NA thief HITZER
    twitch

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.