Question about gear management...

Buran.3796

Ok, I known that part of this will deeply change with the introduction of templates at the end of the month, but I still have to ask:

For those of you which have a legendary armor set (I have the one from PvP) and multiple ascending full sets (I have marauder, viper, zerk and a full set with undefined stats), which is the best/most efficient way to manage your gear? Do you use your legendary armor to do fractals, raids and PvE, changing runes and infussions and your loadouts on the fly, keeping dedicated ascended sets for WvW or maybe roaming, or you devote a single set or two for builds specifically tailored for fractals or raids and then you use your legendary armor to experiment in PvE and WvW without wasting runes, infussions and so when you change your loadouts? Which approach provides less headaches?

I have a full set of heavy legendary armor, two trinkets, and a few weapons. For those pieces specifically, I do not carry additional ascended pieces. For the remaining weapons and accessories, I do have multiple ascended pieces. I carry the weapons I will use more frequently in my bag, but keep infrequently used weapons (like harrier swords because I rarely run fractals and don't raid) and all additional trinkets in my bank (not enough bag space for the plethora of trinkets that I have). I have attempted to organize my bank in a way that makes it very easy to swap out the trinkets without causing too much of a headache. I keep all of my runes and sigils in my bag because I like to play around with them a lot. Although I do have ArcDPS installed, I have never used their build templates, but I do change my build multiple times a play session. It is annoying but I'd rather that than rotate between multiple armor sets. The check box to change all legendary pieces of that type to X stat set is a huuuuge help.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I didn't play until yesterday soooo... The new trait templates lets the player to share a lot of builds (traits and traitlines) amongst all of their characters, but you only start with 3 + 3 (free claimed) builds, and in exchange we lost the 3 build separation already present (PvE/WvW/PvP) for all of our characters, so in my case (12 characters) fell from 36 builds to... something else. At the same time, we have 2 loadouts for "shared gear", which can be increased up to 5, but seems that those are character linked, so you can't use those loadouts between your characters (despite you totally can do that leaving ascended and legendary gear in the bank and manually taking them).

Paint me confused: I was expecting something WAY more streamlined, as the wardrobe system in Diablo III. I'm not familiar with ArcDPS, but the changes doesn't only seems to be way inferior than the versatility provided for that external software but also worse than what we previously had. Just having dedicated single build character seems better than wasting efforts in buying new slots. And I'm talking as someone which only plays two classes (and one of them really poor in terms of build variety). Meh.