Fear spam core necro is broken AF

Ovark.2514

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stop spamming stability on yourself and you wont have that problemMost necor builds have 2 fears... 3 with a utility all of them having a cd no less than 20 seconds with the bigger ones that can hit multiple people being on the higher end of 32 to 40s cd if you are getting feared 90% of the time you are alive you are probably majorly contributing to that factor by spamming yourself with the stability boon.

@ZDragon.3046 said:stop spamming stability on yourself and you wont have that problemMost necor builds have 2 fears... 3 with a utility all of them having a cd no less than 20 seconds with the bigger ones that can hit multiple people being on the higher end of 32 to 40s cd if you are getting feared 90% of the time you are alive you are probably majorly contributing to that factor by spamming yourself with the stability boon.

My build has exactly 0 stability skills TYVM.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:stop spamming stability on yourself and you wont have that problemMost necor builds have 2 fears... 3 with a utility all of them having a cd no less than 20 seconds with the bigger ones that can hit multiple people being on the higher end of 32 to 40s cd if you are getting feared 90% of the time you are alive you are probably majorly contributing to that factor by spamming yourself with the stability boon.

Then stop running into spectral wall? Like i dont know what to tell you most necro builds will have 3 fears max if you include spectral ring , staff 5, and the shroud skill. Either you are getting stab corrupted or you are just just running into walls without fail... also no breakstuns? condition clears? resistance? Fear along side taunt is like one of the few cc's that has the most counters in the game.

@"Curennos.9307" said:I think you forgot to link the video proof and may have accidentally cut out the extra couple paragraphs of more in-depth analysis. Happens to the best of us, lmk when they're back.

Funny, you seem to not be bothered when other people post things with no "video proof" so long as you have experienced the same thing. You want in-depth analysis, ok: So Doom is instant-cast 1200 range skill that fears up to 3 seconds when built around it. While the opponent's feared you have all the time in the world to place a spectral wall that the opponent has to walk through twice for 4 more seconds of fear, so while he's doing that you can drop a Staff 5 for 2 more seconds, and if taking lich you can get 4 more seconds (though it's too long a CD so no one takes it). So that's 9sec of unbroken CC that can be applied all while you freecast other damaging attacks NOT TO MENTION that if I WAS taking and stab it could easily be corrupted to fear me more. And I'm not a streamer so I don't record on the regular.

The insta-fear from DS3 can be annoying to fight against, but I think it's a pretty crucial aspect that should stay for the core class considering their lack of built-in defenses. It can also be pretty predictable when you get a feeling for when it's coming. Otherwise, well, it sounds like you were just eating them unnecessarily considering you are running with no stab. Fear ring and staff 5 would be the only other sources as far as I'm aware assuming no Lich memes, which is a totally fair amount. I think core Necro is at a good spot right now--occupying a unique and important role--and I'd rather not see it nerfed. If it is overperforming after the big boi balance patch, I would say that Fear of Death's fear duration should be cut some (100% is a lot), and perhaps a better tell on Corrupt Boon (is it a clear tell already? I always seem to have trouble dodging it). This is coming from a non-Necro player though, so just my casual opinions. I have been running a lot of Jalis/Ret Rev and have big stab uptime. Necro is the one matchup that makes it a possible liability to lay down Inspiring Reinforcement, or to dodge at the wrong time to proc Unwavering Avoidance. I like that danger. Counterplay to a powerful boon like that is important.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Then stop running into spectral wall? Like i dont know what to tell you most necro builds will have 3 fears max if you include spectral ring , staff 5, and the shroud skill. Either you are getting stab corrupted or you are just just running into walls without fail... also no breakstuns? condition clears? resistance? Fear along side taunt is like one of the few cc's that has the most counters in the game.

Yeah you're right. I'll be careful to avoid the insta-cast 1200 range skill that forces me to walk in a specific direction next time so that I don't walk into a spectral wall. EDIT: Oh yeah and I'll be careful to save my condi cleanse so that I can use it while CCd. oh wait. . .

@"Zexanima.7851" said:While OP is exaggerating, I have been running into a lot of core fear necros myself lately. They are a pain to fight. Even without stability to corrupt.

The thing is it's a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" situation. If you run stability to prevent the fear from spectral wall or Doom or Staff 5 or whatever, you'll instantly be corrupted and then you are feared MORE than if you just took a stunbreak. But if you only take non-stab stunbreaks, you have exactly 0 time to do anthing once you stunbreak because you will be feared again. thanks to no stab.

@Zexanima.7851 said:While OP is exaggerating, I have been running into a lot of core fear necros myself lately. They are a pain to fight. Even without stability to corrupt.

Theyve been forced into it because Reaper is less sustainy and more kiteable, and Scourge is unviable in pvp in general. Its a desperation migration, just like thief/mes moving to shatter/PW.

@Ovark.2514 said:The thing is it's a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" situation. If you run stability to prevent the fear from spectral wall or Doom or Staff 5 or whatever, you'll instantly be corrupted and then you are feared MORE than if you just took a stunbreak. But if you only take non-stab stunbreaks, you have exactly 0 time to do anthing once you stunbreak because you will be feared again. thanks to no stab.

Cleanse it. As @ZDragon.3046 said, they only get more fear uptime off of you by corrupting stab. there is nothing stopping you from just cleansing the fear, or having it cleansed off you by allies.

@Ovark.2514 said:Yeah you're right. I'll be careful to avoid the insta-cast 1200 range skill that forces me to walk in a specific direction next time so that I don't walk into a spectral wall. EDIT: Oh yeah and I'll be careful to save my condi cleanse so that I can use it while CCd. oh wait. . .

It isn't instant cast, and even if it was being casted at 1200 range would put you out of range for spectral wall.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:The insta-fear from DS3 can be annoying to fight against, but I think it's a pretty crucial aspect that should stay for the core class considering their lack of built-in defenses. It can also be pretty predictable when you get a feeling for when it's coming. Otherwise, well, it sounds like you were just eating them unnecessarily considering you are running with no stab. Fear ring and staff 5 would be the only other sources as far as I'm aware assuming no Lich memes, which is a totally fair amount. I think core Necro is at a good spot right now--occupying a unique and important role--and I'd rather not see it nerfed. If it is overperforming after the big boi balance patch, I would say that Fear of Death's fear duration should be cut some (100% is a lot), and perhaps a better tell on Corrupt Boon (is it a clear tell already? I always seem to have trouble dodging it). This is coming from a non-Necro player though, so just my casual opinions. I have been running a lot of Jalis/Ret Rev and have big stab uptime. Necro is the one matchup that makes it a possible liability to lay down Inspiring Reinforcement, or to dodge at the wrong time to proc Unwavering Avoidance. I like that danger. Counterplay to a powerful boon like that is important.

IMO (and I think a lot of people's) Insta-cast CC, especially those at range, are unhealthy for the game. I don't care what built-in defenses the class is lacking. If that is the issue, give it defenses somewhere else.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:While OP is exaggerating, I have been running into a lot of core fear necros myself lately. They are a pain to fight. Even without stability to corrupt.

Theyve been forced into it because Reaper is less sustainy and more kiteable, and Scourge is unviable in pvp in general. Its a desperation migration, just like thief/mes moving to shatter/PW.

I've figured that was the case. I'm not really speaking against the build, they need at least one good build, but it just adds to CC spam in the game which isn't good.

@"Ovark.2514" said:The thing is it's a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" situation. If you run stability to prevent the fear from spectral wall or Doom or Staff 5 or whatever, you'll instantly be corrupted and then you are feared MORE than if you just took a stunbreak. But if you only take non-stab stunbreaks, you have exactly 0 time to do anthing once you stunbreak because you will be feared again. thanks to no stab.

Fear is a condi, cleanse it.

Here is a little interesting tid bit off the wiki that could be useful

A player who has toggled Walk speed will travel less distance when Feared. Walk has no default key, but can be set in the keybinding options and toggled on when required.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Here is a little interesting tid bit off the wiki that could be useful

A player who has toggled Walk speed will travel less distance when Feared. Walk has no default key, but can be set in the keybinding options and toggled on when required.

Immersion=broken. Why would a person who is feared be WALKING away from the threat? That function should probably be disabled in pvp.

@Ovark.2514 said:

Fear is a condi, cleanse it.See other post@Ovark.2514 said:

Oh yeah and I'll be careful to save my condi cleanse so that I can use it while CCd. oh wait. . .

It isn't instant cast, and even if it was being casted at 1200 range would put you out of range for spectral wall, which gets cast at 900 range max. They cant chain fear you starting at 1200. You have to be up close or get stab corrupted to be chain feared. And any condi cleanse applied to you during any of that situation, whether it be from an ally or be from cleansing on weapon swap (Sigil of renewal works while feared) breaks the chain.

Oh yeah and I'll be careful to save my condi cleanse so that I can use it while CCd. oh wait. . .

It isn't instant cast, and even if it was being casted at 1200 range would put you out of range for spectral wall, which gets cast at 900 range max. They cant chain fear you starting at 1200. You have to be up close or get stab corrupted to be chain feared.

I would also like to point out you might not have applied stab to yourself, a team mate could be applying stab to you which is very likely with all the FB running around. Since there is no way to NOT get stab from them you're kind of screwed if that's happening.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

It isn't instant cast, and even if it was being casted at 1200 range would put you out of range for spectral wall, which gets cast at 900 range max. They cant chain fear you starting at 1200. You have to be up close or get stab corrupted to be chain feared.

I would also like to point out you might not have applied stab to yourself, a team mate could be applying stab to you which is very likely with all the FB running around. Since there is no way to NOT get stab from them you're kind of screwed if that's happening.

Then let it counter FBI that's the case, I'm for it even more.

Then let it counter FB
I that's the case, I'm for it
even more.

I mean...it kinda sucks though that your teammates can potentially directly screw you over like that.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Then let it counter FB
even more.

I mean...it kinda sucks though that your teammates can potentially directly screw you over like that.

It sucks for the other team that one teammate can hard carry their teammates hp pools when theyre all together as well. And necro gets punished on its own, so being able to bust team synergy if not focused is a great plus for me, and I respect that entirely. Keep in mind necros are immensely upset at being eaten alive by thieves or focused in team situations. I think being able to ruin FB's day is fair game for putting up with that punishment. But some tactical burden on FB so they have to be mindful about who they grant stab to., and possibly allow some people to go down instead of get everyone wiped.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

I'd advise against doing that. Its better to let the fear take you away from the firefight than be in range for anyone supporting the necro even more than you have to be.Even worse if its a reaper fearing you and you get cold shouldered. that's practically an immob.

Then let it counter FB
even more.

It sucks for the other team that one teammate can hard carry their teammates hp pools when theyre all together as well. And necro gets punished on its own, so being able to bust team synergy if not focused is a great plus for me, and I respect that entirely. Keep in mind necros are
immensely
upset at being eaten alive by thieves or focused in team situations. I think being able to ruin FB's day is fair game for putting up with that punishment.

I'd advise against doing that. Its better to let the fear take you away from the firefight than be in range for anyone supporting the necro even more than you have to be.Even worse if its a reaper fearing you and you get cold shouldered. that's practically an immob.

It's entirely situational. If you're getting feared towards their ring? DH trap? Then it may save you.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.