Suggestion - Don't Nerf, rather fix the things they SHOULDN'T be doing

Tzozef.9841

I think some classes are doing things they aren't supposed to do. If anet fixes this and NOT nerf, it will make these classes more balanced and less OP than people have been complaining about. WITHOUT nerfing it into the ground, and having another imbalanced meta until everything gets nerfed. (even though it's kind of a nerf, but it is rather just undoing unintentional functions that are making them stronger than they should be)

ahem Let's begin.

First one has been mentioned by Irenio - Scourge sand shades should not be able to stack upon one another and therefore stack the damage from each one. Because they can at the moment, Scourge is getting insane condi bomb burst that it shouldn't be getting and encouraging a playstyle where you can stack multiple shades on a target and the Scourge charges into battle to stack all the condi due to proximity from each one including the Scourge itself.

Once this is fixed, this will encourage Scourges to spread their Sand-shades to cover the area and also not charge into to condi-bomb.

Again, this change needs to be fixed because it wasn't intentional, that's why Demonic Lore is SUPERIOR to the other two Grandmaster traits right now.(With that said, this fixed should be applied to WvW and sPvP, because this functionality is allowing Scourge to be relevant in PvE/Raids, please keep this! in pve.)

Second is Spellbreaker, it's a simple one people overlook. VERSATILE POWER (Minor Grandmaster on Discipline) - Reduces burst skill recharge by 15%.

I think this SHOULD NOT apply to Full Counter, I think that is the problem.(IMO, Full Counter is not considered a burst skill, rather an alternate tactical utility for the Warrior to combo with Burst skills, but not a burst skill itself.)

Full Counter while in Discipline is 6 and a half seconds, WAAAYYY too short for what it can do. Full Counter should be baseline static 8 seconds, I think functionality with this trait is unintentional, making Full Counter static 8 seconds should make it in line with other classes and be more balanced instead of it's current state where it feels we can constantly spam FC.

All in All, Sand Shades shouldn't be able to stack from one another, and Full counter's cooldown should be static 8 seconds.

This slight tuning down will preserve the fun and intentional design of the classes rather than nerf it to the ground, unlike early HoT elite specs and some core specs today that now no longer exist and are sorely missed.

I'm also gonna quickly add the opposite examples where some PoF elite specs are unintentionally undertuned.

Soulbeast - I've said this before and many other people have. Needing to exit out of Beast Mode, go into cooldown, and then switch pets to go back again to Beast mode ruins Soulbeast.

Allow the ability to switching pets WHILE MAINTAINING BEAST MODE. You can put cooldown of switching in combat like you would switching pets, but please let Soulbeast FEEL like a Soulbeast.

Weaver - Unravel as an f5 skill has been mentioned before and worth mentioning again.

Again I think the devs want all specs to be on par and their design philosophies expressed don't reflect what is happening in game, hence these suggestions.

I have to say PoF elite spec balance is WAAAAY better than HoT elite spec balance at launch. So kudos to the devs for improving upon the last expansion!

I have another suggestion.

Corrupting stability should be considered in the removal limit.

At the moment you could lock down people in place when enough stability and corruption comes into play. The limit was introduced to prevent this from happening.

I don't talk about boon removal cause it does not apply fear.

@Aeolus.3615 said:The problem when Anet fix what went "wrong", players will cry that was a nerf since their easy mode was reduced....Some skills are removing more condis than expected, others are dealign more atacks/hits etc...

@Shibas.8693;Stability should be a stance

This would take us to the original problem that it was to easy to gain cc immunity. When a stance it should be connected to the stunbreak so that you will not be able to maintain it like 1s after sb or something like this.

Suggestions:Scourge: Sand shades should be destroyable by dmg, nerf condi application by 50% = happynessSpellbreaker: nerf resistance by 100%, nerf block by 100%, kick in the 11k hp area = balanced.Deadeye: nerf DJ by 100%, nerf rifle range to 900 = balanced

you are all lucky that I am not balance dev. Enjoy while it lasts tho.

@Shibas.8693 said:This would take us to the original problem that it was to easy to gain cc immunity. When a stance it should be connected to the stunbreak so that you will not be able to maintain it like 1s after sb or something like this.

Balance between stability and cc in vanilla was far better than in hot or pof.

@Coldtart.4785 said:Balance between stability and cc in vanilla was far better than in hot or pof.

What? There was no balance between stability and cc in vanilla. Groups had perma-stability and there wasn't any good way to counter it outside of a very limited set of corruption/steals so no one used those. Soft CCs like chill and immobilize with condi duration over condi dmg stats became meta in order to try to counter against groups that didn't manage conditions and woe to you if you didn't have a nice strong focused power bomb to punish these perma-push groups. Everyone ran negative condi duration food for the soft ccs, not the damage conditions.

2x double stab guard per party was 60% stab uptime at best. To get perma stab you would've needed 4 guardians per party. At that point your offence is so low that the enemy wouldn't even need cc to beat you.

I played staff ele during those days and I never considered enemy stability to be too powerful vs my own access to cc.

Archived