What class

Saraneth.6021

Looking for a class to play in WvW.

Currently have a thief and mesmer at 80 but I find myself not enjoying that type of gameplay. I love them in PvE, but in wvw they just aren't meshing with my play-style.

I have my 80 boost from PoF and figured I'd use it on a new character that will be predominantly for WvW. There are a few conditions that need to be met though.1: The play-style I am looking for is "blatant right up in your face. I aint running or hiding, just gonna smash you." Like the Hulk. (I try with with the thief and it's really not made for that). More small group (1-10) roaming.

2: A class that has a good build that can work with cheap gear. By cheap gear I mean exotic (so TP or easily craftable). I will in time, if I find myself loving it a lot, invest and craft some ascended but at first I wont have that.

Please let me know if you know what it is I might be after here. Thanks

Any standard Warrior build Core, Berserker, or Spellbreaker.

Holosmith.

And Reaper, HOWEVER, it takes a lot of practise and patience, because of the meta, the skill ceiling to be effective with Reaper, especially Power Reaper (what I play) is tremendously high.

My gut feeling I think you will like Holosmith. Pretty much Majority Marauders armor/trinks with Durability Runes.

Also Guardian is pretty decent, Core or Dragonhunter as a Medi build.

Warrior, Holosmith, Reaper, Guardian. Take your pic

@Tzozef.9841 said:Holosmith.

My gut feeling I think you will like Holosmith. Pretty much Majority Marauders armor/trinks with Durability Runes.

Been looking into it and it does seem like something I would like. Not to mention I just spent all my gold crafting Marauders armor for my thief so that works out well.

Time to boost then spend the next few weeks trying to learn how to play it lol.

@Saraneth.6021 said:

1: The play-style I am looking for is "blatant right up in your face. I aint running or hiding, just gonna smash you." Like the Hulk. (I try with with the thief and it's really not made for that). More small group (1-10) roaming.

spellbreaker is for you then, op roaming class.

+1 to warrior and holosmith. Holosmith is really the melee warrior of the new specializations.....we coulda easily gotten it instead of engies, we still jelly about it. So if you want something modern go holosmith, otherwise you got a range of old and viable berserker and vanilla warrior builds to run to....or spellbreaker if you want the support role. I don't find spellbreakers overly competent in small group or solo fights though, so might wanan swap to berserker for that......spellbreaker have alot of tank and can do high damage, but they lack the pressure that the f2's and headbutt would bring to the table if you went berserker.

Scourge meets both your requirements.It is a in-your-face playstyle.It is cheap to build...just cobble some condition gear or mix mash power in too off the TP or craft or use WvW reward tracks chests for the free stats choice including POF stats...

Here's a video on WvW Scourge large fights playstyles and tips...If you're into smaller scale fights do search for Hobo on Youtube from vT guild...some decent videos there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jifhmYxcJQ

I don't use one, but Warriors I fight certainly act like the Hulk. Just charging straight into my server's zerg, downing a dozen people by flailing everywhere while we have to wait 10+ seconds for its absolute invincibility to wear off. If the class weren't so bland and straightforward, I'd use one myself.

@Toolbox.9375 said:I don't use one, but Warriors I fight certainly act like the Hulk. Just charging straight into my server's zerg, downing a dozen people by flailing everywhere while we have to wait 10+ seconds for its absolute invincibility to wear off. If the class weren't so bland and straightforward, I'd use one myself.

lol that's how scourges play... stack 5-10 scourges rush into a pug zerg downing most backline(if not all) due the ammount of red circles mellee that gets close will be out of heals really quick

Yeah, after playing for several days with the Engi I have found it isn't for me. Luckily I had enough tomes to get another character to 80, so I boosted a Warrior. I am loving it so much right now. It is much more forgiving when you make mistakes which in turn is making it a lot mroe fun to play for me. I was ready to give up on the game before I decided to give it one last go with a warrior. I am pleased I did.

Archived