Vampiric and Vampiric presence ; my suggestion.

killfil.3472

Change Vampiric's effect so it heals you for 2% of damage dealt. This effect remains when life force replaces health.Change Vampiric Presence's effect so it heals you for 2% of damage dealt. Cannot be applied to individuals affected by "Vampiric", so necromancers using the Blood Magic trait line won't get too much healing.

And in case that becomes too strong when paired with Soul Eater, I figured that this reaper trait could be changed to the following ;Heal for 10% of life force gained from all skills.Example ; Locust Swarm grants 1.5% life force per tick (257 life force, in the case of my current necromancer's setup). If it were to land all 10 ticks upon 5 targets, it would accumulate to a total of 75% (13012 life force, in the case of my current necromancer's setup). This would translate into a heal of 1300-ish heal over the course of 5 seconds. This effect could remain while life force replaces health, too.

Does that seem any good?

@"Dadnir.5038" said:My main issue with this is that this favor Power dps build. The current version of these 2 traits isn't much but at least it does not favor power build heavily. Scrapper with it's amount of barrier gen tied to power damage is a good example of my concern.

I suppose it could heal from both types of damage? That doesnt sound TOO op to my ears…Though I think "Parasitic contagion" would need to be revisited, so it doesnt become a redundant trait.I would personally change it so it would have the effect of the old "Target the Weak" minor trait ; increase all damage by 2% per condition on foes.That would make the traitline more appealing to power builds, too :D

@Anchoku.8142 said:Healing from damage output is interesting but does not increase group dps, which is a group buff Necro desperately needs to secure a spot in raids.

I would increase the number of allied targets to 10 and at least double the siphon damage and see how it works in PvE and WvW.

THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY for me to shove another of my suggestions.Blood is power no longer grants might ; it grants a 15 % dmg increase, but also applies a debuff on the casting necromancer that increase incoming damage by 15%.:D

@killfil.3472 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:My main issue with this is that this favor Power dps build. The current version of these 2 traits isn't much but at least it does not favor power build heavily. Scrapper with it's amount of barrier gen tied to power damage is a good example of my concern.

I suppose it could heal from both types of damage? That doesnt sound TOO op to my ears…Though I think "Parasitic contagion" would need to be revisited, so it doesnt become a redundant trait.I would personally change it so it would have the effect of the old "Target the Weak" minor trait ; increase all damage by 2% per condition on foes.That would make the traitline more appealing to power builds, too :D

The real issue is that it give a lot of sustain to glassy build but does little to builds that are less oriented toward damage and more toward survivability. This effectively reduce build diversity.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:My main issue with this is that this favor Power dps build. The current version of these 2 traits isn't much but at least it does not favor power build heavily. Scrapper with it's amount of barrier gen tied to power damage is a good example of my concern.

The real issue is that it give a lot of sustain to glassy build but does little to builds that are less oriented toward damage and more toward survivability. This effectively reduce build diversity.

That would make sense in the necromancer's case though, wouldn't it?Necro's survivability/sustain stems from offensive actions ; lifesteal, life force gains, etc.We can't play defensively like, say, guardians.A necromancer with tank stats wouldn't be able to sustain itself as well as a glass one, that is true.However, a necromancer with glass canon stats wouldn't be able to tank a sudden burst as well, and wouldn't make for a good attrition fighter. It would rely a lot on the inability of its opponents to focus him/her down (in PvP-related content, at least).Though in PvE that would be true, glass builds would have much more sustainability. But that wouldn't change too much from the current state of PvE… Tank builds are very uncommon and glass ones are much more present.

Edit ; Expressing my thoughts properly is really hard. I don't know if I got it correctly.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Having more sustain the more damage you do just doesn't feel right for me. The game is already in a poor state because professions can have high survivability and high damage at the same time, I don't think it's right to go further onto this path.

I understand your point and agree with it, though only for some classes. My next sentences are going to sound very biased, but hear me out ;

For a class like necromancer, who does not possess many mitigating tools like Invulns, teleports, Stability sources and the likes, it would be acceptable in my opinion for them to have their sustain stem from their offensive capabilities.

However, for classes like the revenant/herald (who has many dodges, blocks, mobility tools, and at least 1 pseudo-invuln in the form of the Glint heal active) or the Ranger/Soulbeast (who have great mobility, and access to large amounts of stability, power invuln through signet of stone, and sweet jesus "Sic 'em") it should definitly be dialed back.

Edit ; Restructuring.

Mesmer also comes to mind considering the amount of interupts, mobility, invulns they have access to without having to sacrifice damage.

@Dadnir.5038 said:My main issue with this is that this favor Power dps build. The current version of these 2 traits isn't much but at least it does not favor power build heavily. Scrapper with it's amount of barrier gen tied to power damage is a good example of my concern.

Agreed, feels more like a big benefit to DPS builds while punishing tankier ones.I don't mind buffing lifesteal, specifically vampuric skills to be more viable for power builds but not at the cost to tanks which need that sustain to do the job.

What about putting ICD and giving it large heal. Every X seconds you deal Y amount of damage and heal for Z amount like the tactics warrior trait.Also kinda want the gs trait back Soul eater would be the combo bonus and while wielding GS you get double the bonus and maybe one of the skills gets more healing lets say death spiral. It seems that the other classes have dodges or blocks on melee weapons and necromancer gets lifesteal to be the defensive ability , but lifesteal is crappy in comparison to them.