Stun Lock + Evade combo thief build??

Landahar.5196

PW was around since day 1. it was played in the past quite a bit (may be not in high end pvp) a lot of changes have happened since then, including the buff's to sword. there things like elite specs also came out and recently they made changes to traits and merged 2 into 1, so now we got escapist fortitude, which heals 500 health and removes a condi per evaded skill per second, before it was escapists absolutionm which just removed a condi per evade per skill and divine fortitude which healed per evade per second which use to be a Driven Fortitude... anyway after the nerfs to original daredevil d/p build and other stuff changed people moved onto sword, s/d is great but sucks at fighting for node so now s/p is meta, which cane fight for node/stall/decap/+1 ,, pretty much everything because of how much is loaded into that build. sure there are windows to interupt PW and in higher teir its no where near as bad as people make it out to be, but it is very annoying to deal with. and its even worse in wvw where the dmg is not really restricted lol, this is just a tower lord kill, and I was 2nd top dps only the reaper was top, and all i did was spam PW on the lordunknown.png

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:PW was around since day 1. it was played in the past quite a bit (may be not in high end pvp) a lot of changes have happened since then, including the buff's to sword. there things like elite specs also came out and recently they made changes to traits and merged 2 into 1, so now we got escapist fortitude, which heals 500 health and removes a condi per evaded skill per second, before it was escapists absolutionm which just removed a condi per evade per skill and divine fortitude which healed per evade per second which use to be a Driven Fortitude... anyway after the nerfs to original daredevil d/p build and other stuff changed people moved onto sword, s/d is great but sucks at fighting for node so now s/p is meta, which cane fight for node/stall/decap/+1 ,, pretty much everything because of how much is loaded into that build. sure there are windows to interupt PW and in higher teir its no where near as bad as people make it out to be, but it is very annoying to deal with. and its even worse in wvw where the dmg is not really restricted lol, this is just a tower lord kill, and I was 2nd top dps only the reaper was top, and all i did was spam PW on the lordunknown.png

The difference between PW being broken AF and being able to deal with it, is knowing how to side step PW.

If players KNEW that they should turn and run 180 degrees behind the thief, when they know he's about to PW, they'll find that it exposes large weaknesses in the PW build. Large ones.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:PW was around since day 1. it was played in the past quite a bit (may be not in high end pvp) a lot of changes have happened since then, including the buff's to sword. there things like elite specs also came out and recently they made changes to traits and merged 2 into 1, so now we got escapist fortitude, which heals 500 health and removes a condi per evaded skill per second, before it was escapists absolutionm which just removed a condi per evade per skill and divine fortitude which healed per evade per second which use to be a Driven Fortitude... anyway after the nerfs to original daredevil d/p build and other stuff changed people moved onto sword, s/d is great but sucks at fighting for node so now s/p is meta, which cane fight for node/stall/decap/+1 ,, pretty much everything because of how much is loaded into that build. sure there are windows to interupt PW and in higher teir its no where near as bad as people make it out to be, but it is very annoying to deal with. and its even worse in wvw where the dmg is not really restricted lol, this is just a tower lord kill, and I was 2nd top dps only the reaper was top, and all i did was spam PW on the lord
unknown.png

The difference between PW being broken AF and being able to deal with it, is knowing how to side step PW.

If players KNEW that they should turn and run 180 degrees behind the thief, when they know he's about to PW, they'll find that it exposes large weaknesses in the PW build. Large ones.

This a reason why quickness so important to the build and why any that just spam PW are defeating themselves against competent players.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:PW was around since day 1. it was played in the past quite a bit (may be not in high end pvp) a lot of changes have happened since then, including the buff's to sword. there things like elite specs also came out and recently they made changes to traits and merged 2 into 1, so now we got escapist fortitude, which heals 500 health and removes a condi per evaded skill per second, before it was escapists absolutionm which just removed a condi per evade per skill and divine fortitude which healed per evade per second which use to be a Driven Fortitude... anyway after the nerfs to original daredevil d/p build and other stuff changed people moved onto sword, s/d is great but sucks at fighting for node so now s/p is meta, which cane fight for node/stall/decap/+1 ,, pretty much everything because of how much is loaded into that build. sure there are windows to interupt PW and in higher teir its no where near as bad as people make it out to be, but it is very annoying to deal with. and its even worse in wvw where the dmg is not really restricted lol, this is just a tower lord kill, and I was 2nd top dps only the reaper was top, and all i did was spam PW on the lord
unknown.png

If players KNEW that they should turn and run 180 degrees behind the thief, when they know he's about to PW, they'll find that it exposes large weaknesses in the PW build. Large ones.Tbh Trevor is right in most cases. Average pw thief is just gonna spam 3 and teleport to make it hit so actively try to dodge it and they have nothing. I personally feel that way of playing it is bad so I don’t do it in the few games I have on the build but tbh even the “top tier” players do that all the time over and over.