[Vid] PvP one dodge Power Mirage - Why ppl hate Mesmers

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.It took
one
block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.This is how you make an instagib work.

Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

kids =/ weebs , dont insult our youngings :D

Fun fact: GW1 players referred to assassins as "naruta.rds"

Well, toxic people at least, but I suppose you know what you are.

If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.It took
one
block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.This is how you make an instagib work.

So, same as GW2 then?

Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

Because in-combat stealth is a fun and interesting mechanic leading to good gameplay. The problem is out of combat stealth, and why they didnt fix that, Iunno.

No, in GW1 you couldn't try again after 3seconds because CDs existed and blinds lasted the whole durations, not ended after one attack. There was a lot, and I mean,
a lot
of anti-melee. You actually had to be good.

As opposed to the ton of anti-melee GW2 has like Shocking Aura?Naa, everyone called assassins as that because in fact most of the assassins were weebs who named characters like the ones of the anime.

Calling them weebs is a different thing from calling them an insult. And no, only toxic people did. Maybe your environment was full of em.

As for the anti-melee, nice, one skill...I could fill my entire bar with anti-melee stuff and that's only counting 2 attributes.

One skill that alone is stronger than any comparable thing GW1 had. And its far from the only one, you have lots of pulsing fields that are effect anti-melee tools. As well as various skills that punish them like counterblocks.

Well you clearly didn't played GW1. So you've no clue regarding who called who by what nor about gw1 skills.

GW1 skills were leaps more punishing than anything on gw2, it's not even a contest nor up for debate. Anyone that played gw1 knows this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

one

one

So, same as GW2 then?

Because in-combat stealth is a fun and interesting mechanic leading to good gameplay. The problem is out of combat stealth, and why they didnt fix that, Iunno.

No, in GW1 you couldn't try again after 3seconds because CDs existed and blinds lasted the whole durations, not ended after one attack. There was a lot, and I mean,
a lot

As opposed to the ton of anti-melee GW2 has like Shocking Aura?Naa, everyone called assassins as that because in fact most of the assassins were weebs who named characters like the ones of the anime.

Calling them weebs is a different thing from calling them an insult. And no, only toxic people did. Maybe your environment was full of em.

As for the anti-melee, nice, one skill...I could fill my entire bar with anti-melee stuff and that's only counting 2 attributes.

One skill that alone is stronger than any comparable thing GW1 had. And its far from the only one, you have lots of pulsing fields that are effect anti-melee tools. As well as various skills that punish them like counterblocks.

Well you clearly didn't played GW1. So you've no clue regarding who called who by what nor about gw1 skills.

I know people well enough that the average player isnt going to just throw out slurs. You have to be a special kind of prick for that.

GW1 skills were leaps more punishing than anything on gw2, it's not even a contest nor up for debate. Anyone that played gw1 knows this.

Think about what that would mean. That would mean that in GW1, ranged builds wouldve have had to be comparitively much stronger than ranged builds in GW2. And yet, the ones in GW2 are much stronger. Why?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

one

one

So, same as GW2 then?

a lot

I know people well enough that the average player isnt going to just throw out slurs. You have to be a special kind of prick for that.

Think about what that would mean. That would mean that in GW1, ranged builds wouldve have had to be comparitively much stronger than ranged builds in GW2. And yet, the ones in GW2 are much stronger. Why?

Again, you clearly never played gw1 so you're talking out of your kitten, naruta.rds were a kind of a meme in gw1, same with kurdi.cks or suxons.You have that habit of talking about stuff you don't know and always make a fool of yourself.

No, ranged builds were not stronger, there was also stuff anti-ranger and anti-caster, everything had a counter.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

one

one

So, same as GW2 then?

a lot

Again, you clearly never played gw1 so you're talking out of your kitten, naruta.rds were a kind of a meme in gw1, same with kurdi.cks or suxons.You have that habit of talking about stuff you don't know and always make a fool of yourself.

A meme thats a slur. Im sure it existed, but Im equally sure it was amongst toxic people. Not too surprising that you think everyone said it. And sorry, but thats ironic coming from you, the guy who had so little clue about thief he had to fabricate screenshots to back himself up. Or was that you? I cant recall.

No, ranged builds were not stronger, there was also stuff anti-ranger and anti-caster, everything had a counter.

So, like GW2 then? Again, your argument of "they could oneshot but it was fine because you could just stop them" still just makes them sound like way better thieves (who you can stop just as if not more easily, but who cannot oneshot).

@UNOwen.7132 said:

one

one

So, same as GW2 then?

a lot

A meme thats a slur. Im sure it existed, but Im equally sure it was amongst toxic people. Not too surprising that you think everyone said it. And sorry, but thats ironic coming from you, the guy who had so little clue about thief he had to fabricate screenshots to back himself up. Or was that you? I cant recall.

So, like GW2 then? Again, your argument of "they could oneshot but it was fine because you could just stop them" still just makes them sound like way better thieves (who you can stop just as if not more easily, but who cannot oneshot).

As clueless as it gets in respect to everything.Yes, my screenshots were so fabricated than few days after them assassin's signet was fixed.

I've seen doors more clever than you.What part of GW1 assassin had cooldown didn't you understand. A well placed diversion and you could only burst again in 1minute.What part of there were a tons more and more punishing anti-melee didn't you understand? I could keep you perma-blind and you won't do jackkitten the entire match.

What part of assassin relied on combos, if you missed one skill your entire burst failed didn't you understand?

What part of there was no stealth in GW1 and only 1, 2 at most shadowsteps (which other professions could use too) on a build didn't you understand? Short on hp and trying to stealth and sb5 away? Forget it. You're dead.

So no, not like gw2, gw2's thief is childs play in comparison to the harshness of GW1.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

one

one

So, same as GW2 then?

a lot

+10

Guild Wars 1 veteran here absolutely know this

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

one

one

So, same as GW2 then?

a lot

As clueless as it gets in respect to everything.Yes, my screenshots were so fabricated than few days after them assassin's signet was fixed.

Youre the clueless one. Youre right, Assassins Signet did increase the damage unexpectedly. But when you go back and check the numbers, you will find they fail to account for the entire damage difference, and fall woefully short of some of them.

I've seen doors more clever than you.What part of GW1 assassin had cooldown didn't you understand. A well placed diversion and you could only burst again in 1minute.What part of there were a tons more and more punishing anti-melee didn't you understand? I could keep you perma-blind and you won't do jackkitten the entire match.

Ah yes, because Assassins Signet wasnt part of thief burst which has a cooldown. And neither is Steal. No sirree. Oh wait. You also said there was "tons more and more punishing anti-melee". Yet that does not appear to be true, otherwise melee wouldve been unplayable.

What part of assassin relied on combos, if you missed one skill your entire burst failed didn't you understand?

Which is irrelevant, if you miss one skill on thief, your damage combo doesnt exist.

What part of there was no stealth in GW1 and only 1, 2 at most shadowsteps (which other professions could use too) on a build didn't you understand? Short on hp and trying to stealth and sb5 away? Forget it. You're dead.

Assassin had 11 different shadowsteps at its disposal. Thats the one on enemies. 4 targetting allies, 2 shadowstepping away, 1 returning to an original position. You didnt sb5 away, you just returned from your Aura of Displacement and werent dead at all. Also, what did you mean by "other professions could use too"? Only Elementalist had shadow steps. Unless you mean they used Assassin as the secondary profession.

So no, not like gw2, gw2's thief is childs play in comparison to the harshness of GW1.

Yeah, no. Assassin was considerably less unsafe than thief is, since it doesnt die nearly as fast and has an even bigger mobility advantage while actually being able to burst kill targets. Thieves only advantage is that it can run around better. As always.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

one

one

So, same as GW2 then?

a lot

Youre the clueless one. Youre right, Assassins Signet did increase the damage unexpectedly. But when you go back and check the numbers, you will find they fail to account for the entire damage difference, and fall
woefully
short of some of them.

Ah yes, because Assassins Signet wasnt part of thief burst which has a cooldown. And neither is Steal. No sirree. Oh wait. You also said there was "tons more and more punishing anti-melee". Yet that does not appear to be true, otherwise melee wouldve been unplayable.

Which is irrelevant, if you miss one skill on thief, your damage combo doesnt exist.

Assassin had
different shadowsteps at its disposal. Thats the one on enemies. 4 targetting allies, 2 shadowstepping away, 1 returning to an original position. You didnt sb5 away, you just returned from your Aura of Displacement and werent dead at all. Also, what did you mean by "other professions could use too"? Only Elementalist had shadow steps. Unless you mean they used Assassin as the secondary profession.

Yeah, no. Assassin was considerably less unsafe than thief is, since it doesnt die nearly as fast and has an even bigger mobility advantage while actually being able to burst kill targets. Thieves only advantage is that it can run around better. As always.

And there it is again a clueless reply.

Noodle did the math and it was correct, anyone can see the post so your lies won't pass to anyone.

Even about your own profession you show cluelessness as the classic why would someone use swipe on block or the thief is countered by mesmer.

You don't need neither steal nor assassin's signet to burst.

Stop embarrassing yourself talking about something you don't know anything about.As I said previously I could fill my skill bar with anti-melee skills in GW1, only using two attributes.

Yes, fill your skill bar with shadowsteps and do nothing but shadowstep one place to other.You only slot one or two at max, obviously.Aura of displacement - everyone that actually played the game would laugh at someone porting to you with that, only to have the enchantment ripped and ported back without landing a single hit.

Only ele?! Every profession could slot assassin secondary and have access to shadowsteps.

Assassins were more unsafe than thieves.No stealth, fewer shadowsteps on demand, damage easily shutdowned, skills had cds, more anti-melee on game.Again if you played the game you would know that since you didn't(and even if you did you don't have what it takes to grasp it as proven by the above thief statements), well, I'd rather by debating with a door.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

one

one

So, same as GW2 then?

a lot

Youre the clueless one. Youre right, Assassins Signet did increase the damage unexpectedly. But when you go back and check the numbers, you will find they fail to account for the entire damage difference, and fall
woefully
short of some of them.

Assassin had
different shadowsteps at its disposal. Thats the one on enemies. 4 targetting allies, 2 shadowstepping away, 1 returning to an original position. You didnt sb5 away, you just returned from your Aura of Displacement and werent dead at all. Also, what did you mean by "other professions could use too"? Only Elementalist had shadow steps. Unless you mean they used Assassin as the secondary profession.

And there it is again a clueless reply.

Noodle did the math and it was correct, anyone can see the post so your lies won't pass to anyone.

Oh the math I pointed out had several grave errors and was in fact, incorrect? Indeed, anyone can see the post, so your lies wont pass to anyone. Not sure why you try to act like you didnt fabricate it after just being caught fabricating a mesmer screenshot recently.

Even about your own profession you show cluelessness as the classic why would someone use swipe on block or the thief is countered by mesmer.

The only one clueless about thief is you. I have already explained why you dont use swipe on block basically ever(fun fact: If you had watched any top tier thief, you wouldve noticed that they too never use it on block). I also never said that thief is countered by Mesmer. Just another lie you made up.

You don't need neither steal nor assassin's signet to burst.

Sure, if you want to do 2/3 of your usual burst damage (or less, I cant be bothered to do the exact math), you can try it without. Wont be much of a burst though.

Stop embarrassing yourself talking about something you don't know anything about.As I said previously I could fill my skill bar with anti-melee skills in GW1, only using two attributes.

And then you would die to ranged builds. Besides, you can do the same thing in GW2, its not good for a reason.

Yes, fill your skill bar with shadowsteps and do nothing but shadowstep one place to other.You only slot one or two at max, obviously.

1 or 2 is more than sufficient.

Aura of displacement - everyone that actually played the game would laugh at someone porting to you with that, only to have the enchantment ripped and ported back without landing a single hit.

Because CC doesnt exist.

Only ele?! Every profession could slot assassin secondary and have access to shadowsteps.

"Unless you mean they used Assassin as the secondary profession.". Pretty big investment, just for a shadowstep.

Assassins were more unsafe than thieves.No stealth, fewer shadowsteps on demand, damage easily shutdowned, skills had cds, more anti-melee on game.Again if you played the game you would know that since you didn't(and even if you did you don't have what it takes to grasp it as proven by the above thief statements), well, I'd rather by debating with a door.

Stealth does nothing for safety. It just makes your initial burst better, but thats not even saying much. "Fewer shadowsteps on demand", thief doesnt have many in numbers either. Its not quantity, its quality. Difference is, in GW2 just about everyone has a shadowstep, teleport or some kind of really good dash or pull to catch up to the thief if he doesnt use shortbow 5 with max initiative (we will get back to this). In GW1, most people didnt have shadowsteps or ways to catch up with the Assassin. "Skills had CDs" no relevance to safety. "More anti-melee" there wasnt more anti-melee. There is a ridiculous amount of anti-melee in GW2. Its just that, going all-in on it is bad, so people dont use it much. But the same was true for GW1.

Now, lets get the thing right. Thief is safer than assassin if the thief doesnt actually fight. When the thief has max initiative at his disposal to shortbow 5 twice, yeah he will get out, and thats that. But, if the thief does fight? He will only have enough initiative for the one shortbow 5. Most classes easily catch up with that. Thats why the thief has to run much earlier than that.