Viper's or Grieving for P/d condi thief for WvW roaming?

HowlKamui.5120

Hey guys! with the nerf to p/d condi thief (which was warranted imo), I'm thinking of building one now. I'm pretty sure dire/trailblazer won't cut it, but since pistol also does good power damage, I was wondering what to run. Would I want the expertise or the precision?

I'm planning on running this on core theif for the good steal range and to be able to run trickery, SA, and DA.

Poison versions have seen a cut due to the hit to Spider venom. Even with the hit to the torment off 3 , I still think Torment a Go to if coupled with torment runes. Those small heals from the runes add up and if you are going grieving you will need a source of sustain. Take skale venom over poison. Now I know you want to go core for that steal range but you are going to find that in grieving there just too many times you do not want your steal coming with a port to.

This is where you weight the benefits of DE over core or Daredevil. DE does not have the port to but has that 10 percent power damage add to the target, lots of INI , the ability to reset a steal and yet more torment off the stealth attack which can bring close to a 1000 heal in torment runes. DE is also a best source of might which really adds up in hybrid builds. Added to that binding shadow rocks in hybrid.

Daredevil I find is more defensive. It does not add a lot to Condition damage out as You are not trying to dodge a lot for damage. It great to fend off immobs with unhindered. The best utility out of daredevil is probably impairing daggers. |The Block one is also quite good. Generally DE will last longer in a fight at thge cost of needing more time to apply damage in a p/d hybrid.

Core you get that long range steal to and can add in BA out of TR. You just have to be careful on that port too and recognize there not a whole lot of sustain. As far as the utility skills go Core loses a lot of options so you have to weigh that out/

You can do ok with a crit rate base of around 30 percent. Preferably higher but 30 can work just because of the nature of the stealth attack and the repeater attack.( I like my own around 50+ ish before fury)

in any hybrid build the sigils are more telling and the choices much more wide ranging. For example most would never consider sigil of Blight in a Pure Condi build or in a pure power build but in Hybrid it can make sense. Another example is food where Ghost pepper popper can be very useful. Super low cooldown with chill at night on Crit might in day. Hybrids can do well off that.

• 3 weeks later...

@"mikdepadua.8376" said:Hmmm Carrion does make sense, plus exotic is easy to obtain. Thanks. I’ll start with that. I’m still unsure if i should go with core thief or daredevil.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAoiVlFwEZXsNGJOuO7rbA-zVRYLRHjN4SJnIIzQI3CIkEwzLRg2AvGFcWB-whttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaxAoiVlFUwETcXdttOGZnOuO7rbA-zVZYLho64TJY0BmhWD/YSRgljoIShYuKgQkAO9SQiiAVzBgneIk+pEBMaUwZF-w

these ones have a really good damage output and work quite well in WvW roaming.