Outnumbering removes downed state

Shroud.2307

I'm against removing downed state. Some classes need down state more than others, especially Elementalists. With downed state you can do things like stand on walls and nuke and if you go down, you can still Mist Form to safety. Without downed state it's too risky. Downed state also lets you do things like push harder when you have the advantage. Losing downed state makes WvW feels less intense.

The third idea of removing downed state only for opponents of outnumbered players is interesting and could work, but how would you implement it? Right now, if you are outnumbered you stay outnumbered until the next tick even if a full friendly zerg ports to your map. I don't see how this can be implemented without some substantial rework.

I’d bet that less than 5% of the GW2 player base would not hate the removal of the downed state. The vast majority of GW2 players want it to stay, for good reasons.

These polls just make the vocal minority feel far bigger than it is.

The game is not designed nor balanced around the absence of the downed state. It can’t be a “solution” for when there is the outnumbered, nor for anything else.

The combat, without downed state, also feels far more empty and far less immersive.

Probably most people who want downed state to be removed are people with a false impression of how skilled they are.

They want it to be removed so they can more easily feel more skilled, by abusing of the fact that the game is not designed nor balanced around the absence of the downed state.

Those who are “really skilled” don’t need downed state to go away, and they know that GW2 combat system makes personal skill differences be very impactful already.

Further increasing the gap between more skilled players and less skilled players would just lead to a lot of frustration for most people, just for the joy of few people.

@Black Storm.6974 said:Probably most people that want downed state to be removed are people with a false impression of how skilled they are.

They want it to be removed so they can more easily feel more skilled, by abusing of the fact that the game is not designed nor balanced around the absence of the downed state.

Those who are really skilled don’t need downed state to go away, and they know that GW2 combat system makes personal skill differences be very impactful already.

Further increasing the gap between more skilled players and less skilled players would just lead to a lot of frustration for most people, just for the joy of few people.I would rather describe it like the people want it to be an online shooter. Call Of Duty, CS:GO, take your pick. A game where all mechanics are equal and you can kill an infinite amount of people as long as you kill them before they even damage you.

They dont seem to want the MMORPG with class and build based tactical combat.

Downstate is good thing to have. Downed player might do more damage to zerg than bad play. Usually players jumps to revive downed ally. It's a chance for foe to push and leave more corpses. So my idea would be:

Reduce overall revive speed by allies 100% despite outnumbered. The more revivers - slows speed more.