DELETE Ley Energy Build-Up Mechanic: it is BROKEN and has an OP range

This mechanic forces you to fight/stay with a fight. Even if you are doing something COMPLETELY unrelated and just "happen" to get too close.Let me give an example that happened today and this last one was the drop that made me frustratingly EXIT the game

I was running the Crystal Desert Adventure Supply Run. One of the stops is north of "Northern Way Station"When I got there, a bounty was in progress.I got the Ley Energy BuildUp, and tried to follow my path, falsely believing enough distance would get me "Out of Combat"No such luck!! I actually went down around 15,000 meters away from that fight on my way to the next stop.

You can imagine how rightout mad I was about this.Why was I FORCED into this mechanic and was FORBIDDEN to finish what I ACTUALLY was doing?The second I got too close, I was DENIED to finish the run.Why?Why did it down me 15,000 meters plus away?!?!Why is it set that you CANNOT escape from it.

I absolutely Loathe to be forced into something I didn't want to.

So yes: DELETE that cr... IMMEDIATLY

• 3 weeks later...

And again today I came within 5k of a bounty. (5,000 meters) and AGAIN was taken hostage...Why are you obligating players to participate or die?

And you cannot die... not with 30 rezzers around. Not even if you ask to NOT be rezzed.That was a waste of my time. A COMPLETE waste of my time... Thanks for TAKING MY TIME HOSTAGE!!You have NO RIGHT to do so, so either FIX this mechanic so that we CAN escape after x meters or DELETE this mechanic.

But please, STOP taking us hostage in events we DO NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN!Stop DISRUPTING the things we ACTUALLY were doing..STOP DECIDING WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING!!!!

Certainly not a bug but definitely something worth addressing. The length of time it lasts is oppressive and doing unavoidable damage to players that are mounted (and having far less hp) all but guarantees an inconvenience at the very least for players simply passing by and then getting knocked off their mount while over 10,000 m away from the source of the damage. I think this effect should be revised to simply not do damage to mounted players just like how environmental effects like quicksand do not damage players mounted on skimmers.

While we're at it, take a look into the Resistor effect and either allow the effect to keep blocking the Ley-Energy buildup effect even while away from the protective orbs or eliminate the duration on Resistor effect when looking at the icon to remove any confusion on how it works.

In both cases it happened on my Deadeye, glass canon.So basically they are not allowed anymore in 80 zones?

I got too close, had one stack, tried to get out using all mobility I had, died 11k away from the fight with by then 3 stacks. (roughly, that was my distance to a person tagged up at the fight)I was only there for a brief second, and IMMEDIATLY left when I noticed the bounty, but that was more than enough to hijack me apparantly.

Why was it EVEN stacking while I was MILES away from the fight?Last stack according to my estimate must've hit me over halfway between fight and where I finally died...Definitely a distance where you normally don't get a stack if you weren't close to the bounty to begin with.That fact is the PRIME reason I consider this a bug.

If that is not a bug, then ArenaNet is DEFINITELY trolling us with this mechanic. I like to believe the latter is not the case.

Why was I taken hostage this way? It should not be so, that accidentally wandering too close to a bounty, or any other fight means "Fight or be doomed"SPECIALLY not when you're doing something that has a timer on it, like a supply run adventure.Keeping the mechanic? Yeah then fix it. A max distance where you loose all stacks.But currently the stacks you have are not removed unless the bounty is over (either killed of timed out)