PSA US Clock Change This Weekend (Sun Nov 2 2020)

Donari.5237

This is the weekend that most of the US, including ArenaNet's area, sets clocks back an hour.

So for those who track game events by whether they are on an odd or even hour (yes yes, I know some of you have other ways of doing it, people should handle it however most intuitively works for them), such as Mad King Says, be aware that the odd/even will flip. Eg, MKS is on even hours for me as I am on Eastern time. As of Sunday, it will be on odd hours.

Also, daily reset will be an hour earlier on the clock. Don't get caught out Sunday evening by a reset hitting before you've done your dailies! Again using Eastern, my 8 pm reset will now be at 7 pm. This can affect things internationally; if you're used to a friend being available as of their 5 pm close of business, they'll be an hour later getting to you if your clock did not also change.

@Excursion.9752 said:This guy knows what hes talking about lol. Ive got bit by that in the past.

No, he doesn't. I live in AZ. The last thing we want is more daylight! The only change for us is remembering who changed to what. Let's see...my brother is now an hour earlier than us, but your sister is now one hour later, and... Glad I don't have to deal with it otherwise.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:This guy knows what hes talking about lol. Ive got bit by that in the past.

No, he doesn't. I live in AZ. The last thing we want is more daylight! The only change for us is remembering who changed to what. Let's see...my brother is now an hour earlier than us, but your sister is now one hour later, and... Glad I don't have to deal with it otherwise.

grins Actually, this gal did know, having had parents living in AZ. Hence my starting with saying "MOST" of the US is changing. I believe Hawaii also remains steady timed, as my brother lives there and I swap between 6 and 7 hours time difference with him.