Can we have expansion 3?

Samnang.1879

End of Dragons could be a reference to the Empire of the Dragons aka the Dragon Empire aka the the rulers of Cantha. They might be trying to trick us into thinking it means the end of all the elder dragons when in fact it means something completely different. Of course, we will probably end up killing at least 1 elder dragon along the way but I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily have to be the end.

@"Samnang.1879" said:It's coming and I know these things take time, but I'm bored of the current story (and the talking dragons don't help :# , are dragons meant to talk in human voices :# )... and like Tyrians working with Jormag even though we as the reader already know that Jormag is going to double cross us...

Talking dragons is nothing but a detriment to the "natural disaster" that they were supposed to be. I guess it could have been forgivable with mordremoth with the power of the mind thing (weird choice for a plant themed dragon, but eh), but every damn dragon? What a pitiful attempt at humanizing them, and since you aren't allowed to kill them anymore, the commander is just going to have to bend over for aurene and help it reach apotheosis.

Oh, wait. We actually already did that.

Sorry to say, but dragons are what the GW2 story is about. Just look at the logo. If you got a problem with them being more than simple hungry beasts for righteous heroes to slay then you are probably in the wrong place. Also, complaining about them "talking" is just... such a strange complaint. Why would they not? They are ancient creatures of great power and intelligence. Also, only Mordremoth and Jormag really "talked". And that's because they are the two most intelligent ones, the former being about mind control and the latter being about deception. Zhaitan had nothing to say, Primordus only wants to consume, Kralkatorrik only spoke at his deathbed to his granddaughter, and Aurene is RAISED by Tyrians so of course she communicates with them.

We have had mindless dragons that only existed for us to slay in the name of the righteous. We now have one that is benevolent and one that is deceptive and intelligent. Get with the times. Bottomline being, they do not exist purely for being forces of nature and a crisis scenario to fight against eternally. ANet clearly wants them to be more complex than that. I for one think it makes them more interesting.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Samnang.1879" said:Can we have like a story related to the emperors and empresses of China? No more dragons please, I'm sick of killing them...Well, the expansion's title is "End of Dragons", so naturally it will be about the Elder Dragons.

I just wanted to add a reminder that Path of Fire managed to build an interesting story around the boring Elder Dragon theme by adding a rogue god that threatens the very life of the locals in a region where a lich has established a dictatorship. So there are ways to add additional stuff to the main theme and thereby make it more interesting. Ergo, there is hope for Cantha. ;)

Indeed. I like how they spent an entire story arc setting up exactly what Kralkatorrik's place in the world is and why Balthazaar wanted his head, and the way the dragon himself popped up in the final fight and absorbed the power from the god, that transitioned very neatly into the terror of an elder dragon on the warpath and just how urgent a defense was. Proper preludes enhances the stories about the ED's, no doubt about it.