[Gendarran Fields] Willoo Hero Challenge bugged! — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

[Gendarran Fields] Willoo Hero Challenge bugged!

So I was playing with a new character and noticed that Wiloo, the angry widdle quaggan, is stuck as only being able to be greeted! This is blocking progress for many, many people who want to do map complete. I don't know how long ago this happened, but he seems to be quite stuck. Anyone else notice this?

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm currently in the midst of map completion on my level 80 and encountered the very same problem in game. Interacting with him only earns a greeting and no conversation to start a fight. While talking to the poster about this in game, at least three other players came up to Willoo and were unable to instigate anything either. Hope this can be fixed soon!

• Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2018

Is it similar to this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29671/desolation-hp-cant-start
    "This hero point cannot start because the npc is stuck standing elsewhere - i assume she did not return to her intended position after being beaten. This means you cannot talk to her, thus cannot start the hero challenge."

In that after a fight where he would have moved, the npc did not return to their intended position. If so, no dialogue box appears and a map reset//map where he did return to position will fix it (get on the map about an hour after daily reset to ensure a fresh map if you can't find one throughough the rest of the day).

• @Lexi.1398 said:
    Is it similar to this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29671/desolation-hp-cant-start
    "This hero point cannot start because the npc is stuck standing elsewhere - i assume she did not return to her intended position after being beaten. This means you cannot talk to her, thus cannot start the hero challenge."

In that after a fight where he would have moved, the npc did not return to their intended position. If so, no dialogue box appears and a map reset//map where he did return to position will fix it (get on the map about an hour after daily reset to ensure a fresh map if you can't find one throughough the rest of the day).

Actually no; Willoo is exactly where he's supposed to be. I'm definitely going to try logging in after reset to see if that helps. I'll report tomorrow on it!

• Achilles.6917Achilles.6917 Member
    edited March 15, 2018

I'm also having the same problem with "Willoo Hero Challenge". As other poster, I can see other players swim up to him and no one is able to start the challenge.

• Relogged in a bit later and was able to complete it.

• I logged in later and am now able to complete it too. Must've been a map specific glitch.

• Hope so, as its currently glitched again. Will try later like others did.

• sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭

I've completed the map like yesterday and had no trouble with this HP.

• Vethaera.6319Vethaera.6319 Member ✭✭
    edited April 18, 2018

Happening to me today too, and as I was typing up a bug report, several more people came by and were unable to start it. Willoo's been buggy off and on for years. Please, someone figure out why and fix it so this stops happening.

• I'm working on a fix now. The next update is already closed as they run final tests, so the fix will be in a future update.

Content Designer

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I had the same issue, once, and it was gone the next day after server/map reset. Thanks for acknowledging a fix, Mr. Vaughn.

• Yesterday I checked it and it worked just fine. So its definitely sporadic.

• Yeah...it's still bugged. I wonder why Arena devs can't eliminate this bug.

• Yes, the problem is still there. We need a map reset or something...

• I'm still having the bug too. (Desolation server)

• Why is this still a bug in 2019, even after a dev said they were working on a fix?

• Idefix.1248Idefix.1248 Member
    edited February 16, 2019

It is still bugged today.

• just tried it, and it seems to be bugged again.

• @Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:
    I'm working on a fix now. The next update is already closed as they run final tests, so the fix will be in a future update.

Still bugged at the time of this post

• It's still broken.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2019

Not still, but stalled again, likely. Best bet is to try it immediately after a Release, or as close to Daily reset as possible on a day the Daily is Gandarran Fields events.

Good luck.

• And he drunk again

• Calistin.6210Calistin.6210 Member ✭✭✭

kitten Bugged again lol

edited July 22, 2019

Tried waiting til the 8pm est reset and the map and Willoo is still belly up and bugged out. Can't seem to get a different map for this and thus can't get the completion for this area. Have to say not very impressed that such a progress breaking bug is still around since at least march 15 2018.....

Not still, but stalled again. Something breaks it periodically.

edited July 22, 2019

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Not still, but stalled again. Something breaks it periodically.

Yes that is what still isn't fixed. If you want to get kitten about it the stalling and being unable to complete or start the hero challenge is a side effect of the bug which is something often cause the npc to get stuck which causes the stall. They have had plenty of time to find what breaks it and stop that from happening thus it's still the same bug that comes around and breaks the hero point periodically. ;)

And yet, they have fixed it before. Obviously, something else broke it, again.

edited July 22, 2019

What we need since anet seems unable to unstall the npc in a timely manner is for loads of people to come to gendarren fields so the game pops open another instance to see if that lets us get the hero point.

Using /ip we have been stuck with the same IP/instance (34.192.159.6:0) for last couple days.....

EDIT: Just to confirm getting a different IP(instance) works and unbugs Willoo, managed to get a different IP (34.232.91.180:0) when a bunch of people came to do the legendary ley line anomaly event.

• After returning a few times last night and this morning to see if it was still bugged, I tried once more now and was able to get it to finally work. :)

• Bugged just now.

• Still bugged sadly, last thing i need to get 100% on this part of the map. When does everything reset? might try then. Thanks.

• Anyone got any working map instance? It's bugged for me too IP 18.184.123.4

• 10/27/19 and still not working. Well over year and half. That is discouraging.

• Not working for me either

• Still bugged.

• Still bugged..they can't be serious..

• Bugged again. I've not encountered this bug until now with seven previous characters. It's blocking progress on two of my characters now.

• RacerX.6219RacerX.6219 Member
    edited March 11, 2020

Ehmry Bay 10:12am server time Willoo only greets u

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭✭

It was bugged for me too, yesterday. Someone near me managed to start it - I have no idea how.

• Also bugged for me.

• Bugged. Have tried 3 times in the last week. This will be may 2nd character map completion. I did this last year will my first guy without problem, so it looks like an random thing.
    It is disappointing this bug has been present so long.

• Still bugged, over 2 years since thread started. Good Job.

• yepp not working....

• Still bugged October 7, 2020

• Experiencing the bug now as well on IP 35.171.1.35 ... can confirm it's happening for other users, too. The rest of the map HPs were fine.