Memory Essence Encapsulator

yeah, same. asked why they couldnt. its not like its my fault it happened. i mean, this exact situation is why customer service exists.. when a problem occurs that is entirely not our fault, its to assist us in fixing it. like buying food only to get home and find the internal packaging was damaged... its not their fault, thats a problem they couldnt have foreseen, so you replace it. but yeah, just waiting now.

@Dumat.1479 said:

@linamaria.1830 said:Same here.He said that can't refund the item and sent the link of the patch notes.5 days waiting for a reply and then it comes as a perfect example of laziness.

Don't judge them so fast. I am confused with the whole situation and don't like it, but usually they have very strict rules about giving something to a player. That is why we have situation like this. Still hope they will change their mind in our case.

I do. Because at least the reply could explain why they can't refund our losses. Sending us to the patch notes doesn't solve anything. Also i doubt that without our information the fix of the bug would exist so fast in that patch notes.

I will craft my last item and try to digest my loss. Tho, In future, I wont bother in filling tickets and/or reporting bugs.

I received a new reply, with possible better news:

"Thank you for getting back to us. While we can not currently refund item as there is a possibility that the developers may be running a script to return the missing items to players."

So I will wait a few more days, before crafting.

Just got my refund. They returned three even though I only asked for two, probably because three were eaten by the Dragonfall champions and I did correctly receive credit for one of those, but three were still consumed. I'm satisfied, guess I'll convert the extra into the orichalcum filigrees.

edit: I did have to poke them for this, it wasn't automatic.

@Dreggon.6598 said:Just got my refund. They returned three even though I only asked for two, probably because three were eaten by the Dragonfall champions and I did correctly receive credit for one of those, but three were still consumed. I'm satisfied, guess I'll convert the extra into the orichalcum filigrees.

Awesome news. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

@Dreggon.6598 said:Just got my refund. They returned three even though I only asked for two, probably because three were eaten by the Dragonfall champions and I did correctly receive credit for one of those, but three were still consumed. I'm satisfied, guess I'll convert the extra into the orichalcum filigrees.

What did you say to get them to do this, because plenty of people got declined?

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

What did you say to get them to do this, because plenty of people got declined?

Near as I can tell, everyone got declined originally, including Dreggon. Reopen your ticket.

I sometimes wonder whether Support employees can understand English.

I told them that I lost 5 memory essences because of a bug, then I ask them to inquire ANet if they have plants to do a scripted refund, and if there's no such plans, to give the items back manually.

The response was that If I had crafted too many, I should complete the achievements, then I would be refunded for the extra I had to craft, because they can't check my achievement progress.

Basically, they didn't read my ticket at all, and gave me some copypaste response given to people who crafted too many of an item.

ಠ_ಠ

Well, I can only keep trying.

Is there any way to get a different GM to attend your ticket?

@"DeadMeat.8724" said:I learned early on, only buy one when you need it, and only buy one at a time. You don't need the materials in your direct player inventory, they can be in the bank.

The bug has been already fixed. But there has been no direct information by ANet staff about the items lost before the fix.

Edit: Looks like the GM finally understood what I meant. I was finally refunded the 5 encapsulators I lost to the bug.

The reponse message was a bit weird, saying about my case being an exception. But refunding items lost to a bug and not the user's fault should not be an exception.

Maybe refunding items lost to a bug is an exception to a more general "refunding lost items"?

In any case, I can't complain about the results. I got back what was once lost. Insistence does pay, occasionally.