What FPS do you get in WvW "fights"

LaFurion.3167

Hi all just curious what are your FPS you are getting with your set ups.

I'm currently saving up to buy a sick new build. My current one uses a 1070 graphics card and I only get around 14-28 fps~ or so in blob fights, probably less than that in reality. And because I'm on 60htz it feels really really really really really choppy...

I worry. Will be spending around $6k on monitor and build, 2080 ti, all the good stuff.... Ive seen some amazing GW2 wvw performance videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flpHeQmbqs0 for example), but my experience on how OOOOOLD this engine is and how hard it is to get good frames in this game worry me....

Are any of you guys able to maintain a constant "high" fps like in the video above? What builds do you use?

@SkyShroud.2865 said:The main bottleneck of the game is cpu.You can try d912pxy to reduce the overhead on cpu.

this does not appeal to me... done a tiny bit of research into it, it buggy, still in progress, being done by single people instead of company, potential to break ToS, more bugs etc etc.

Yep, I am aware that the game is very very CPU intensive. So I wonder if there are any of you running builds that can maintain 100~fps and if so what build? :)

@"LaFurion.3167" said:Ive seen some amazing GW2 wvw performance videosExcept that's not amazing. The fights in videos are comparably small. When 70+ vs 70+ borderblobs meet then performance go through the floor. And heaven forbid it's a 3 way at that size. Only the character count matters for performance at that point. Not even 2080Ti will be able to keep up well.

Either way at this point in time, I would recommend to NOT buy a 2080Ti or upgrade your computer. It might be a total waste of money. Nvidia got their "Super" cards en route which will bump down all prices from the looks of it, AMD got Navi on the way... and on top of that Ryzen 3000 series is coming out which might even be faster single thread than what Intel have (that remains to be seen in reviews, I dont trust marketing).

Your monitor refresh rate has nothing to do with it feeling choppy when you are well under it's refresh rate. Your current GPU is already over kill for the game, use something like afterburner and leave it open while you play the game, after a bit of playing, close the game and look at the graph under "GPU load", my old 980Ti only hits 50% usage.

What CPU do you have? This is the main bottleneck for the games rendering engine, as it's main pipeline is single threaded, meaning fast, high IPC CPUs do best, meaning Intel 8th gen etc. Will have to see how AMD's new Zen 2 does, but looks promising if they have OCing headroom.

I have a 9900K@5Ghz that does pretty well. The video you posted he has model limit to low, so hitting 30FPS with that is not that great at all, mine is at high and I get closer to 50FPS, model limit is one of the big performance hits you will see in large zerg fights, the lower this is set, the higher your FPS will be.

I know very little of computers so all I can tell you is that I use a "low end" gaming laptop. It's a relatively expensive Asus and it has served me well the 2 years I've had it.

Most of my settings are medium/high with Shadows, Reflections and Post-Processing all turned off. In zergs I usually set Character Model Limit/Quality to lowest, sometimes not.

When I'm by myself in an open field my average FPS is around 70 - 80. With 20 - 40 people around and Character Model Limit/Quality on Low my average FPS is around 50. In large scale fights ( 100+ ) with Character Model Limit/Quality on Low my average FPS is around 30. With Character Model Limit/Quality on Lowest it's around 35+ but always under 40. My FPS pretty much never drops below 25 at the absolute lowest.

If you'd like a visual example of how my game performs I can share some .gif examples. And if you'd like to know what computer I use you can see the specs here on Amazon.