Any Warclaw Balance in the near future ??

Hadi.3167

@"Apollo.7819" said:

I highly doubt Alliances will happen. For Alliances to work and not be terrible they will have to make WAY bigger maps even bigger than Desert BL. They will also have to setup whole new servers because they are taking 24 servers and compressing it down to 3. Also they will have to increase the WvW Population limit by a lot or WvW will always have massive Qs. And right now i doubt the servers are stable enough to hold all of those people based on how low the Population limit is now. Plus not to mention even on a good computer I get like 10 fps when the blobs get big so imagine that by like 10 fold.

I dunno where you are getting the impression they are making only 3 servers from 24. Based off what the official posts (possibly outdated but with no updates we dunno) I think they were looking into a cap of 500 players per alliance so no one alliance can force a Blackgate situation into existence as there will be other alliances potentially that large. Also in addition to that they were looking into alliance locks so that if you want to transfer alliances it wasn't instant, and you had to wait till the end of the proposed 8 week cycle (much like world linking).

I know there are more than 500 players playing wvw, so there is a likely possibility that there will be more than 3 servers in total. Without specifics I would hazard there will be about 9 to 12 alliance servers if it ever goes live, but that's a guess based off the fact we currently have 12 host servers and not all of them are full... at the lowest I could see 6 total alliance "servers" but also keep in mind that some alliances will have less numbers than others and "pugs" could be used to fill indiscriminately holes in each alliance "server".

As to how stable the servers are, I suspect they would be fine. They were under a much heavier load back when GW2 started then now, with EotM being a place to wait while in queue. But things have changed and I won't speak to how HoT and PoF and all the changes may or may not treat huge server loads compared to back then (I suspect now well based on how much skill lag complaints have gone up over the years)

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:

Hilarious imbalance and stale gameplay are not mutually exclusive, and adding things to contribute only further to one or the other or both does not signify any improvement.

Warclaw by its sheer existence dials up what made the backbone of the playerbase who left the game mode in the first place to 11.

I mean, "hilarious imbalance" as you put it is always going to be an issue in any MMO. To this day WoW and other MMO's like it struggle with making all classes relevant in any game mode, GW2 is no different here. Someones favorite class is gonna be less desired/wanted/useful than others. And then the balance shifts and people want that class in their squad/raid/fractal party. A really good example in WvW of this is Scrapper Engi.

However stale game play is why they added the warclaw in the first place. I can see why they chose to add a mount over say a total map overhaul or a new event of some type into WvW. Historically.... the WvW community has basically hated change. New maps (admittedly the DBL had it's issues) basically got regulated to one BL instead of all 3, and there was potential that we would lose the dbl forever because people didn't like change. There were other minor things they tried but ultimatly many of those ideas never came to light.

So they tried making a "small" change and like always the WvW community basically said before they even announced it they didn't want it. These same people who cry about a stale boring game mode that never gets change. I wonder why that is......

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:Just some SUGGESTIONS:

1. Warclaw battle maul dismounts

So.... This?? Couldn't be bothered to save image so I just copied the description. Don't think people would like this. xD

ThunderstrikeBinds on pickupRequired level: 10Use: After four seconds of aiming, a powerful thunderbolt deals Lightning damage to the target, stunning it for 4 seconds.If a target is mounted, all damage is redirected to the mount. No stun effect will apply to the target, but the character will dismount and become unable to summon the mount again for the next 10 minutes.50 yard range3 minute cooldown, even when Thunderstrike missesEach shot consumes one Mana Battery. Can only be used against other players.Cooldown: 3m.Quantity: 1/20Cannot be traded

Just some SUGGESTIONS:

1. Warclaw battle maul dismounts
  2. 2 dodges instead of 3
  3. Chain pull has 600 range dismount skill at expense of 10 supplies
  4. 2000-3000 health instead of 10000
  5. Mounts not effected by Runes (I.E Durability runes / Damage runes / Barrier runes)
  6. Mounts have cast time to mount up
  7. if mount dies it goes on temporary cool down
  8. Cant mount up after recently dying and returning to spawn / being resurrected. (20 second CD)

Every single one of these suggestions would be a dream come true.Love how many people on these forums are saying all classes being able to dismount enemy players is a bad thing. Afterall im sure they wouldn't want to have to fight in an open world pvp mode right?

I've said this in many threads and Ill keep repeating myself until it becomes a reality (i can dream). Mounts should be out of combat movement/fashion and nothing more. They should allow players to get from point A to point B. They should not give an advantage in any fight. They should not give any advantage escaping fights. Currently only SB can really effectively solo dismount a player. If any other class dismounts you, then you've really goofed up somehow.

Also please for the love of god people on here need to stop coming up with this nonsense "adapt" argument. Honestly anyone who says something like this as their argument must have been dropped on their head as a kid. If Anet altered the game so that players could only ever move as fast as walking speed, someone could just spout the "adapt" nonsense when people critique the change. "Nahhhh we don't need to move faster than walk speed, its a fine change you guys should just aDapT to the new movement changes"Does my head in, if you're for mounts that fine, just explain it and apply some critical thinking, don't just spout "adapt" like a broken record with no thought whatsoever.

EDIT: I'd go even further with the dismount skill, shouldn't cost any supply to dismount a single enemy player whilst also dismounting yourself.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Anput.4620 said:Yes that is what i said, no downstate helps the outnumbered while warclaw stomp helps just the outnumber, so disliking both downstate and warclaw stomp is valid.Too bad the warclaw stomp have absolutely nothing to do with being outnumbered or outnumbering the enemy.

This is a case of a typical case of
a mechanic that helps me is GOOD and when it's working against me it's UNBALANCED

But warclaw always benefits the same parties, the ones that outnumber or want to disengage.

Incorrect.