Mistlock Sanctuary Return to Previous Map no longer working reliably

Simply if I port into Mistlock Sanctuary from say the Tomb of the Primeval KIngs, hang around a bit, log off then log back in I can no longer return to the Tomb reliably. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get a red banner stating I cannot return.

This used to work. It is a valuable feature and the main reason I purchased this gizmo. Please fix it.

• Like 1

It works 100% for me, including to|from the tomb of primeval kings.

Here's what causes it to fail: when you go to another "sanctuary" with similar properties, notably the guild hall (e.g. to get a buff) or the hall of monuments (which also has a 'return to sender' feature). The game can only remember the "last previous" location, not the "last open world|city location," which would become "the second to last previous location."

So start from your desired location before going to the GH (or any other location); don't head there from the Mistlock Sanctuary.

(There is one notable exception: you can safely enter the fractal lobby or, if in a party, any fractal, without interrupting the flow.)

Thanks for your comments, however I am aware of the fact that going to an instanced location from the Mistlock Sanctuary clears the previous map location and of course returning to an instance is not feasible. This is not the behavior I am talking about. I am talking about inability to return to a non-instanced location after going to the Mistlock Sanctuary.

@"Glass Hand.7306" said:however I am aware of the fact that going to an instanced location from the Mistlock Sanctuary clears the previous map location and of course returning to an instance is not feasible.Not everyone realizes that, so it's a fairly common reason for people not being able to return to their previous location.

This is not the behavior I am talking about. I am talking about inability to return to a non-instanced location after going to the Mistlock Sanctuary.I cannot replicate your results.

I entered the sanctuary from ToPK. Hung out. Closed game. Reloaded game. Swapped to a different toon (who returned to their location stored earlier). Swapped back to the ToPK character. Returned successfully. Is there some step you took that I did not?

I've also not come across anyone reporting the same issue. That doesn't mean that there isn't something wrong; it just means that if there is, it's something more complicated than simply "no longer working properly."

• 4 years later...