Why isnt having a weaker distort baked in Cs for chrono enough?

zealex.9410

Im perfectly fine with the weaker distort that chrono gets which is also tied to their cs so that means u most likely will never use it for the distort to begin with.

But why in the kitten loving christ do we need the removal of self shatter as well as the req of 1 clone? Isnt it abit of overkill?

Also speaking of overkill, no change to portal at all? Dont u guys realise that u might have nerfed it abit too hard?

Just to make my case clear and not seem like a butthurt mesmer white knight, im in complete agreement with elite specs comming with tradeoffs and i welcome it, this just feels like the balance team had something personal with chrono and decided to give it the druid treatment.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:Anet didn't exactly say it will be a
fair
tradeoff :^)

Yu guys got kitten gutted.You spelled slaughtered wrong

I have a huge facepalm after reading sigmoid comment tho

Nah sig has a point the shatters could very well be strong. The issue i have is the feel good aspect which i think got hella gutted for their shatters.

@zealex.9410 said:

fair

Nah sig has a point the shatters could very well be strong. The issue i have is the feel good aspect which i think got hella gutted for their shatters.I cant imagine them being so strong to turn blind eye on the loss of IP that made entire mesmer class playble.

@praqtos.9035 said:

fair

Nah sig has a point the shatters could very well be strong. The issue i have is the feel good aspect which i think got hella gutted for their shatters.I cant imagine them being so strong to turn blind eye on the loss of IP that made entire mesmer class playble.

Me neither but we will have to w8 until the numbers are here, its still a fair statement tho it doesnt nothing for the fun factor. But who knows having to spawn a clone first might not be as bad, but i still believe the devs took a mile where they should've taken a meter.

@zealex.9410 said:

fair

Me neither but we will have to w8 until the numbers are here, its still a fair statement tho it doesnt nothing for the fun factor. But who knows having to spawn a clone first might not be as bad, but i still believe the devs took a mile where they should've taken a meter.

Lets not kid ourselves here: if the new version of the chronomancer mind wrack is strong enough to overcome the loss of IP, it will be strong enough to be nerfed down to size in the next balance patch.

@zealex.9410 said:Im perfectly fine with the weaker distort that chrono gets which is also tied to their cs so that means u most likely will never use it for the distort to begin with.

But why in the kitten loving christ do we need the removal of self shatter as well as the req of 1 clone? Isnt it abit of overkill?

Also speaking of overkill, no change to portal at all? Dont u guys realise that u might have nerfed it abit too hard?

Just to make my case clear and not seem like a kitten mesmer white knight, im in complete agreement with elite specs comming with tradeoffs and i welcome it, this just feels like the balance team had something personal with chrono and decided to give it the druid treatment.

This exactly. Both chrono and druid were PvE meta (no idea about other game modes) and instead of just adjusting so that other classes could fill those roles (which I am all for variety and options and I think they have done this well with specs like Firebrand and others :+1: ) they went further to totally gimp these specs. :disappointed:

RIP chrono and druid :cry: