More Gold, Please?

Buzzbugs.1236

11 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

The general player that mostly PVEs does not want to PVP because they do not like it.

A little more gold WILL NOT bring them in.

Honestly, if they don't like PVP, I don't want them to feel forced to come here even for skin rewards because they will not spend any more than the time required to get said skins, and generally won't improve, OR they will flood the game mode with the FOTM/ EASIEST CHEEZE META.

Gold doesn't benefit you so much as a PVP main as you claim.

You want to look flashy? Ask for ways to earn the skins of these flashy items, except you know the 10,000+ gold items.

No need for the actual weapon, because you dont PVE right?

A pvp weapon transmuted with a skin will suffice.

MORE GOLD WILL ONLY DRAW IN MORE BOTS

If you really want gold or skins, go play the other game modes, it really isnt that bad, and maybe....just maybe you will have fun.

NO ONE cares how flashy you are when your cheeks are getting clapped.

This guy gets it. My PvE guild had no interest in playing any PvP at all. It's not the gold gain they care about. They just don't want to compete or "lose". In PvE they are more relaxed and knowing they "will win". You can't change that mentality with more gold. It just not the incentive they want.

On the other hand, hardcore PvP players play PvP regardless of the golf gain. PvP used to be extremely poor in reward 9 years ago. There were plenty of players. The PvP population collapsed due to bad (and slow cadence) balancing, not due to gold gain. If they look at the server log, they should see the more people play PvP whenever there is a balance patch. To bring back the players, just balance more frequently. Show that you care.

The rise of Bots was due to the introduction of high gold gain to PvP. We should not further that mistake.

8 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

And the same would happen for the real players too, because the win/loose-rate of most bots is about the same (around 50%) as the one of the average player, because of the way the mmr works. The bots sometimes even reach higher ratings than average players. So you won't only punish the bots with this change.

5 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I dont get the thought process.
lets say I win 60% of the games, and a bot wins 40% of the games.
Is it fine for me to lose 40% of my profit, so that bot loses 60% of it?
Who wins here?

Just for an example: If the rewards for winning were doubled, then at a 50% winrate you'd be making the same amount if not more than you would normally through the entirety of the season.

If you had a 60% winrate then you'd definitely make a lot more overall.

Meanwhile bots and their 40% winrates would make less, and if they lost 60% of 10,000 games played that's 6k games they don't get anything for. Minimizes damage for the course of the bot's existence until Arenanet hopefully bans them, and that's if they don't move away from Ranked after getting their profits cut so dramatically.

When it comes to punishing actual players; you'd be absolutely fine, unless you had a below average winrate.

Personally, I think that's a fair trade for Ranked. 

22 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Just for an example: If the rewards for winning were doubled, then at a 50% winrate you'd be making the same amount if not more than you would normally through the entirety of the season.

If you had a 60% winrate then you'd definitely make a lot more overall.

Meanwhile bots and their 40% winrates would make less, and if they lost 60% of 10,000 games played that's 6k games they don't get anything for. Minimizes damage for the course of the bot's existence until Arenanet hopefully bans them, and that's if they don't move away from Ranked after getting their profits cut so dramatically.

When it comes to punishing actual players; you'd be absolutely fine, unless you had a below average winrate.

Personally, I think that's a fair trade for Ranked. 

how much bot makes doesnt matter all that much, it doesnt care if it makes 10g/hr or 8g/hr.
if a guy has 15 bots, all running 24/7 he gets more or less 4k gold/day, reducing it to 3,6k gold/day is not an issue.
It fixes nothing

Again ill say this.

Increasing gold will increase player numbers  more then bot numbers.

Botting is in every MMO in the world botting is in BDO and FF14 where pvp rewards ARE FAR HIGHER THEN HERE. Jesus christ i think people who post here have only played gw2  and only gw2 and know of no other mmo thus they are sharing there stupid bias uneducated views.

THERE IS NO MMO OR MULTIPLAYER GAME THAT IS BOT FREE NONE WHAT SO EVER YOUR NEVER GONNA SOLVE IT INCREASING PVP REWARDS WILL ONLY INCREASE ACTUAL PEOPLE PLAYING PVP THE PEOPLE BOTTING ARE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALWAYS BEEN BOTTING THE RMT COMPANIES AND HACKERS MORE RMT COMANIES SUDDENLY WON'T BE CREATED FOR THE SAKE OF PVP FLOODING. THE RMT COMPANIES WITH SAME NUMBERS WILL CONTINUE TO DO THE SAME THING. THIS GAME IS 9 YEARS OLD IF MORE BOTS COME IN PVP ITS BECAUSE THEY NEED MORE GOLD BECAUSE MORE PLAYERS ARE BUYING IT WHICH IS A SIGN OF GOOD NEWS.

Sorry for the caps lock but people just don't read.

Edited by Genesis.5169

why are so many dismissing the idea of banning the botters.

These accs are so obv and if they don t bot then they acc share both are forbidden rn there are bots that are alrdy at 800 games humanly not possible and anet just doesn t ban them thats a fuking joke and a slap to the consumers

On 8/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, Genesis.5169 said:

Again ill say this.

Increasing gold will increase player numbers  more then bot numbers.

Botting is in every MMO in the world botting is in BDO and FF14 where pvp rewards ARE FAR HIGHER THEN HERE. Jesus christ i think people who post here have only played gw2  and only gw2 and know of no other mmo thus they are sharing there stupid bias uneducated views.

THERE IS NO MMO OR MULTIPLAYER GAME THAT IS BOT FREE NONE WHAT SO EVER YOUR NEVER GONNA SOLVE IT INCREASING PVP REWARDS WILL ONLY INCREASE ACTUAL PEOPLE PLAYING PVP THE PEOPLE BOTTING ARE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALWAYS BEEN BOTTING THE RMT COMPANIES AND HACKERS MORE RMT COMANIES SUDDENLY WON'T BE CREATED FOR THE SAKE OF PVP FLOODING. THE RMT COMPANIES WITH SAME NUMBERS WILL CONTINUE TO DO THE SAME THING. THIS GAME IS 9 YEARS OLD IF MORE BOTS COME IN PVP ITS BECAUSE THEY NEED MORE GOLD BECAUSE MORE PLAYERS ARE BUYING IT WHICH IS A SIGN OF GOOD NEWS.

Sorry for the caps lock but people just don't read.

Doubt that the gold is the reward players are after.. There are faster ways to gain gold in an mmo rather than doing PvP.