Bug on new "Revenge on Warden Amala" achievement, not giving credit!

Okay. I did the event on 3 different accounts. 2 accounts got it on the first try. My main account failed for the 4th time in a row. I have no idea whats causing it. I did absolutely nothing different but only my main account is affected.

• Like 1

This is not the first time that an event has trouble counting for this achievement. (bloodstone fen)

I killed her twice on my alt account and never got credit. Main got it first try.

I am NOT willing to keep on trying and trying and trying... this should have counted, it should be rewarded after 2 kills, I got the event rewards both times! The system KNOWS I killed her twice. Tick it off!

Sorry for being slightly frustrated, but... this is not the first time. that I had to grind myself through an event to fi-na-ly get credit and since this is the 2nd time within the same achievement tree... I expected more.

• Like 2

I did Amala for the 5TH TIME... this time it actually counted. I did some things different though; I disabled Autolook pickup and I focused on her clones and killed one clone and one champion guardian in the room. I don't know if that did the trick or if it's just a coincidence but it's worth giving it a try. Still... I shouldn't need to look for workarounds to a bug that shouldn't even exist. Fix your game Anet.

Edited by Dark.1823
  • Thanks 1

Same here, twice with no credit, did it on a character that had not done the event before. One person said you have to be in a squad so will try that, might also try using a character that had previously done the event before Return to Daybreak came along.

Edit: Just tried it again on the same character (the event was in progress when I logged in) and I got credit this time, solo, not in a group, so it just seems random

Edited by Shadamehr.1284
More info
  • Like 1

Finally got this on third try, for the record I haven't done anything particularly different this time in the fight (character/weapons were the same), except NOT being in a squad/party and joined meta when Amala was already at 75% hp instead of when meta is at start (gate).
This really seems luck based to me.

7 hours ago, Dark.1823 said:

Still... I shouldn't need to look for workarounds to a bug that shouldn't even exist. Fix your game Anet.

Exactly, it was really annoying to play lottery for an event to count.

• Like 1

Same issue here, on tips from other players, I've tried the following without positive result:

1. Killing her clones.
  2. Killing the nearby champions that spawn in the room.
  3. Trying on a character who hasn't done the event before.
  4. Trying on a character who hasn't done the corresponding story before.
  5. Doing the event from the very start of the event chain.

OK and it looks like there's even less reason to bother with certain content. Return to Istan being one. I did a bounty and got zero credit. This game is getting more and more buggy. What's your QA team doing, Anet? How about devs doing integration and unit tests? All this should be caught by regression E2E test suites or during development before it's even allowed into a release pipeline. Hire me as your QA manager at around $300K a year and I'll quit my current employer and help you get your QA department straightened out. 20+ years of industry experience in testing and automation. 👍

Edited by Aldel.8170