Return to Living World question??

Sort of a returning player here.  I originally bought the game when it came out and I never reached max lvl back then, was into another MMO which will remain nameless here, but now I have my first lvl 80 character.  I never unlocked all the other Living World content and with the re-release of season 4 my first question is, is there a limited time I will have access to that content?  Reason why I'm asking is, I was playing the expansions in order and I just finished HOT, and was about to start POF and was hoping with the release of season 4 that I would still have access once I've played through POF.  Or is it something that's time sensitive, and should I start on it ASAP?  Thanks for any help.  Loving the game btw!!

Once you've got it unlocked on your account (by any method) it's yours forever. All your characters will be able to play it whenever you like.

The same is true of the new achievements being added. Once the next episode comes out they move into the 'side stories' category but they're all still available. (Which is good, I'm way behind on doing those.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think they did one of the worst legendary path ever, not only it's really long and boring but also many achievments will be really difficult to do after the weekly release of the related LS chapter, also people that have done ALL leaving Seasons must do it ALL AGAIN maybe also even after Aurora and Vision, in my opinion not the best game design solution, but this is what it is

Edited by NaramSin.2693

4 hours ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

I think they did one of the worst legendary path ever, not only it's really long and boring but also many achievments will be really difficult to do after the weekly release of the related LS chapter, also people that have done ALL leaving Seasons must do it ALL AGAIN maybe also even after Aurora and Vision, in my opinion not the best game design solution, but this is what it is

It takes less time than to farm the gold to craft other Legendaries. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

Boring? For some people, yes. For me, it's great, especially for seasons 3 and 4. And speaking from experience, the maps are still reasonably active even without the Return to events. I speak from experience, having awakened Aurora shortly before they announced the 'Return to'.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 4:53 PM, Harfang.1507 said:

Boring? For some people, yes. For me, it's great, especially for seasons 3 and 4. And speaking from experience, the maps are still reasonably active even without the Return to events. I speak from experience, having awakened Aurora shortly before they announced the 'Return to'.

Boring because I also had to do again ALL I did in the past, btw LS2 and LS4 are not so well designed in my personal opinion

• Confused 1

On 9/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, mythical.6315 said:

It takes less time than to farm the gold to craft other Legendaries. 

Not for me, because when i do my legendaries (now I'm at 28) i dont farm the gold, i play the game, simple as that, but doing again all the LS from the beginning, with all the bugs still there, all the crap design, in my opinion has nothing to do with the engagementof legendaries like Twilight/Sunrise, or Bifrost, or Astralaria or Nevermore and so on, that are really well designed and fun to do, this amulet it's just: do AGAIN every LS even the worst ever designed in the game history, not really fun.

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Confused 1

On 8/25/2021 at 2:46 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

As above, once unlocked everything is permanent.

Though, you might consider playing in the maps during their spotlight week to have an easier time completing some achievements (Return to... and regular). 

It's what i do, i'm on track, all done for now, but still have to do again the story specially for LS2 and LS4 it's  such a pain because they are so badly designed, most of them was just something i hope to never do again, because for an amulet i have to choose from playing with toxic/bots/hacker or do AGAIN al the LS with the same story, same bugs, same crappy design. (not all but many episodes are so bad)

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

Not for me, because when i do my legendaries (now I'm at 28) i dont farm the gold, i play the game, simple as that, but doing again all the LS from the beginning, with all the bugs still there, all the crap design, in my opinion has nothing to do with the engagementof legendaries like Twilight/Sunrise, or Bifrost, or Astralaria or Nevermore and so on, that are really well designed and fun to do, this amulet it's just: do AGAIN every LS even the worst ever designed in the game history, not really fun.

Well yes. If someone were to farm gold at a rate of 1G per hour, for example, then of course it would take them longer to get a legendary that way than through the achievements.  

I was referring specifically to farms which are still playing the game by the way. Someone farming Dragonfall is no less playing the game than someone doing various other activities during that same amount of time.

The achievements for those collections were nothing more than a checklist. Go do these fractal bosses. Go do these events. Go do this. Go do that. Yeah that’s about as fun as these achievements. Well at least with these you’re more likely to be able to get to do it with other players. 

• Like 1