Kick abuse getting kinda ridiculous

On 8/28/2021 at 1:26 AM, Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

This is one of the many reasons I do not Raid or do Fractals. Unless its with friends or Guildies. It spares me the time and effort of having to deal with random internet knuckle draggers.

Idk never got kicked and i play a lot of fractals

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Vinceman.4572 said:

Nah, the sad part is that you cannot enjoy strikes without having to attach to rotations. I'm all in for CMs where you have to perform at a decent or good level to get the job done but man, all of the instanced content should at least have on difficulty for every player who is out there. It's ok when a completely new group wipes in Ascalon or even in strikes when they have no clue at all but at least a fully geared level 80 player should be able to conquer NORMAL instanced content.

Heck, you can join any shiverpeak strike squad and you keep reading at least 2-3 people mentioning their role which is totally unnecessary. That's not my GW2 anymore and it drives the fun out of the game when you hear that skritt in every fricking group although it is aligned with "chill run".

Keep that bs out of normal content and put it into CMs. It can be achieved by making content to beat for everyone (and you dont need a loot pinata a.k.a. world boss, dungeon boss difficulty is fine) and serve challenging things to the ambitioned crowd.

yeah it's totally normal to have every level of groups and i personnally don't care if advertised as such in lfg but for some reasons people want groups where good boon/dps/heal isn't a thing and whenever they join these type of group they leave after 2-3 try anyway cursing to whatever and then they complain because "you need kp to kill the boss but you get no kp if you don't kill the boss"

Heck, you can join any shiverpeak strike squad and you keep reading at least 2-3 people mentioning their role which is totally unnecessary.

Well as always make your own and kick the player that call these so called "uneccessary roles" , you being different that the majority of the community doing that content doesn't mean you can't open lfg and create a squad.

That's not my GW2 anymore and it drives the fun out of the game when you hear that skritt in every fricking group although it is aligned with "chill run".

The game didn't change, but you did by trying other content, if it not made for you then just don't play it, you'll be better that way. I personnally don't enjoy pvp and I'm not gonna ask it to be reworked to have it made like raids because it would fit me more, nah I don't like it so I don't play it.

Keep that bs out of normal content and put it into CMs. It can be achieved by making content to beat for everyone (and you dont need a loot pinata a.k.a. world boss, dungeon boss difficulty is fine) and serve challenging things to the ambitioned crowd.

well you need a pinata type of boss so all player can kill it, as soon as you add difficulty you'll need a better though team comp and filter some player out because of how bad player gameplay can be.
it's not keeping the bs out of the content it's you trying to do content not made for you. if you want something where there is no though about your comp then go do personnal story, world boss, t1-4 fractal, shiverpeak because that's the content made for that purpose.

however if you really want to go in others strikes, fract CM, raid don't hesitate to make and advertise your group and see how it goes

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

We don't know everything that happened there but having an alacren that actually knows what to do on that encounter makes it significantly easier and stops people from going down. Even with my guildies, if I have an alac-in-training, I usually relog as second alac for that encounter. Yes, I'd drop a dps slot for a good alac. 

And its not for alacrity ^^ I mean alac uptime doesnt matter much there, anything is fine as long as your primary job is done.

Primary Job: use ventari bubble to block projectiles and do good cc ^^ izi... 

That way your team can stay stacked and clear the content without too much chaos ^^

Alac tip: know what to bring to each encounter, ask your team if unclear. There is a spreadsheet floating around the internets somewhere. 

edit: it's here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/109oGym5u-eDzd2Mi-kmrYQkf4RRKNLCSMzI6Uri-BFA/edit#gid=341613541

(ty Jani)

Edited by nish.5980
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nish.5980 said:

We don't know everything that happened there but having an alacren that actually knows what to do on that encounter makes it significantly easier and stops people from going down. Even with my guildies, if I have an alac-in-training, I usually relog as second alac for that encounter. Yes, I'd drop a dps slot for a good alac. 

And its not for alacrity ^^ I mean alac uptime doesnt matter much there, anything is fine as long as your primary job is done.

That way your team can stay stacked and clear the content without too much chaos ^^

Alac tip: know what to bring to each encounter, ask your team if unclear. There is a spreadsheet floating around the internets somewhere. 

I wish more Alac players would think like this ... heck, I wish more people would generally care a bit more about what their class can do. DPS and rota's are not everything uu.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 8:42 AM, Vinceman.4572 said:

Nah, the sad part is that you cannot enjoy strikes without having to attach to rotations. I'm all in for CMs where you have to perform at a decent or good level to get the job done but man, all of the instanced content should at least have on difficulty for every player who is out there. It's ok when a completely new group wipes in Ascalon or even in strikes when they have no clue at all but at least a fully geared level 80 player should be able to conquer NORMAL instanced content.

Heck, you can join any shiverpeak strike squad and you keep reading at least 2-3 people mentioning their role which is totally unnecessary. That's not my GW2 anymore and it drives the fun out of the game when you hear that skritt in every fricking group although it is aligned with "chill run".

"Instanced content for every player who is out there" would just be joining the instance, watching a cutscene of the fight/boss being killed and getting a reward chest at the end for the effort of showing up.

Even if Anet commits to multiple difficulties, a pure cutscene story mode, an auto attack mode and an actually have to engage with the game and other players and try to play the game mode - unless ANet makes targeted efforts to increase the average skill cap, it's not really going to fix the issue.

The difference between the average fully geared level 80 player doing about 4k DPS (while there are pure Auto Attack builds capable of 15-20k DPS) and hardcore players on average do ~30k DPS, there's just no hope of balancing difficulties and providing engaging experiences for most players.

As for people calling their roles, it's really not about necessity  for content like Icebrood Construct, just a common courtesy. After all, almost no matter how easy the content is, it's nice to know who plays what and if Boons etc. are covered as that just makes it an easier, faster and more fun experience for everybody. 

Just because you know you'll have for example Quickness provided, or decide that you can do that to help other's out since no one else called it, doesn't conflict with a chill run.

It's odd to me to get hung up on people being nice and communicative, sharing what they bring to the group.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, nish.5980 said:

edit: it's here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/109oGym5u-eDzd2Mi-kmrYQkf4RRKNLCSMzI6Uri-BFA/edit#gid=341613541

(ty Jani)

If you are running a Healbrand that should already be covered though. Between a Traited Wall of Reflection, Courage Tome and Aegis, you really never have to move in Mai Trin already, and HFB already sacrifices it's personal performance for group support - so there isn't really a reason not to cover reflects and such there, letting the Alacrigade contribute DPS. 

Same for Skorvald and Stab etc.

Not to criticise you for doing that and supporting your group if you have a lacklustre HFB, or ofc if playing no-heal runs - but otherwise it's really not the Alac's job.

As for the topic at hand, I can't say this 1% Boss HP vote kicking ever happened to me in years of Fractal play - but even if that's a reoccuring behavior of some players, there isn't really a way to "fix" that on Anet's side. 

Kick restrictions would just be even more exploit- and griefeable the other way around. 

The only reactive option is to just Block such players and giving them a Nickname describing the reason for the block, which then makes it easy to recall and avoid those player's in the future. 

Proactively just making note of and friendlisting players you get along with (performance and or attitude wise) and inviting them back, forming groups or joining together as a guild is the best option to avoid such things ofc.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Asum.4960 said:

As for the topic at hand, I can't say this 1% Boss HP vote kicking ever happened to me in years of Fractal play - but even if that's a reoccuring behavior of some players, there isn't really a way to "fix" that on Anet's side. 

Kick restrictions would just be even more exploit- and griefeable the other way around.

Isn't there a site that shows the Raid encounter and players as "dots" ? 

Where t shows the position for each min and the boss /players hp ?

Doesn't this  technology reads the memory ? Can't this used a proof ?

edit: i can be used as  a education guide  ,  rather than seeing the real  thing and loose "its magic for the first time "

Or spots the WvW /Open World leachers

Edited by Solitude.2097

Can't we use this "dot" mechanic ,  as an in-game mini-game , rather than wasting  time and money  on teaching them on  Personal Stories ?

Left Click >Attack

Right Click or Spacebar ->Dodge

Something like the The Binding of Isaac-game on Steam , but in our case it will behave like PokeDex , where we can introduce faster new Mechanics and without "spoling" the  first time encounter .

And when they are completed (daily event)  a congratulated message will pop up and tips from which bosses are from ?

Or you can play the "Hardmode"  for any new idea , tat the Devs want to scrap because they think it will be hard ?

They can learn about :

a) hide behind the rocks to avoid the big attack (100 Fractal boss)

b) kite the "hand"(Raid) (no a clue)

If the community love it , expand it to a cellphone game , where "events" will pop up and you control the in-game boss (you see yourself as dot) , doing some skillshots

Edited by Solitude.2097