Living World Return Icebrood Saga Mastery Points

Burial.1958

Anet for real can u add some more mastery Points? It is such a chore to max them out because no one does CM's anymore and as a thief i get autokicked when i want to do the strikes which grants some points. The Rest is 1000X farming events. @ColinJohanson i swung the sword since 2012 and im now a old man with lesser freetime. To farm Events to boredom isn't really funny.

7 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There will likely be a surge of activity once the 'Return to...' hits the Icebrood Saga. 

That will not solve the problem that many masteries ar locked behind chore achievements. LS 4 and Path of Fire was great because u can choose what u want to do. IBS is full grind activity and that makes me sad (the story was also awful expecially in Champions).

Edited by Grebcol.5984

Part of your lament was CMs and Strikes. 

Increased activity for that content will come in the next months. 

As far as 'grind' goes for those Mastery Points, it's unlikely to change anytime in the near future, if ever.  Do be aware, some Mastery Points are awarded at lower tiers of an Achievement.

Also, you can collect the Mastery Insights inside DRMs when entering solo. 

There are 14 excess Mastery Points on offer for the Icebrood Saga Mastery, as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

aside from do xyz meta 15 times you can solo more than enough of IBS MPs - source: I achieved that, and I was very casual about whole ordeal.

hints: you can buy your way through first run of "glory to", "death to" tracks in drizzlewood (buy commendations for resources at questors) - that is going to give you 5 mps for "glory two" and another 2 for "Death two" (the 5th from glory two is for unlocking all of special missions) prologue and bjora are nice for mps as well, and you can easilly solo all but one of DRM MPs (friendly fire being only one that requires a team) - you don't need to attempt to solo all CMs, one is enough, and can be soloable without much of issue as long as you know what you are doing - in case of some of them ability to deal dps at 1200 range also comes handy.

Crafting mps do not require whole set to give mps, it's only one tier that gives the mp, it is listed in rewards at which one - UI may be confusing implying that there is one more at the end, but it's just ui mess that misleads.

For the record I have got none of strikes MPs, only one from collection ones (hence I know about UI mess :P), and in fact in the end I did never finish "death to" tracks and was still able to get more than enough for maxing out everything.

I highly doubt you, as a thief, would get easily kicked from Cold War which holds the most mastery points.

I have unlocked all masteries months ago and I haven't been a regular in strike missions. You won't have any issues, keep working on it.

If you are having a hard time finding a squad for strikes buy a commander tag and profit.

Edited by Touchme.1097
Additional info
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Cold War which holds the most mastery points.

It doesn't tho? what was there, one for doing it 10 times, and about it? I did cold war exactly once with guild mates, don't recall getting any mp from that run and was still able to max out all masteries. I also never got any mp from other strikes. There is enought of excess to skip those all together.

6 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

It doesn't tho? what was there, one for doing it 10 times, and about it? I did cold war exactly once with guild mates, don't recall getting any mp from that run and was still able to max out all masteries. I also never got any mp from other strikes. There is enought of excess to skip those all together.

It do you get 1 for completing it once and another for 10 times

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Strike_Mission:_Cold_War

Scroll down to moral breaker achiv

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

It do you get 1 for completing it once and another for 10 times

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Strike_Mission:_Cold_War

Scroll down to moral breaker achiv

ok my bad, it is still far from it "holding the most of mastery points" - dragonstorm alone gives 3 or 4 which is about as much as all of strike mps combined.

4 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

ok my bad, it is still far from it "holding the most of mastery points" - dragonstorm alone gives 3 or 4 which is about as much as all of strike mps combined.

I think that was talking about strikes and from all the strikes cold war holds the most.